Haiti | Natural Disasters | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Amazing Clip of Woman's Rescue in Collapsed Bank in Haiti

Jeanette

"If I die, I love you so much. Don't forget it."

Wow. This is really moving. Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(clip via daily dish) Find our Help Haiti page here.

Comments

1. Partners in Health (pih.org)

Posted by: Marcito | Jan 20, 2010 9:51:31 AM

2. Wow, that is one of the most harrowing things I've ever seen. I can't imagine being forced to remain in the same position for 6 days.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 20, 2010 10:02:04 AM

3. That was a nice way to start the day , thanks Andy.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 20, 2010 10:06:13 AM

4. Puts the whole Scott Brown thing in perspective. Thanks for this.

Posted by: John Shaft | Jan 20, 2010 10:22:42 AM

5. I am so proud of our L.A. County Firefighters.

Posted by: Faith | Jan 20, 2010 10:56:12 AM

6. Yes, this certainly does put it all in perspective.
    Best wishes to Jeannette and Roger. This is amazing story of love, hope, acceptance, perseverance and finally triumph and life.
    I wonder if I would have had the courage and serenity to survive such an ordeal.
    We in the richer (financially speaking) nations need to step up to the plate. The people of Haiti need our help.

Posted by: excy | Jan 20, 2010 11:53:44 AM

7. Thanks for sharing the clip, Andy. And yes, many thanks to the LA County Firefighters!

Posted by: KJ | Jan 20, 2010 11:55:46 AM

8. This goes to show even in the darkets days that one should always hold onto hope. Wow...tears.

Posted by: Brian | Jan 20, 2010 12:19:53 PM

9. As moving and inspiring as this is, all I keep thinking when I see these miracle stories of people being rescued from the rubble after a week of stoic perseverance in some of the most hellish situations imaginable, is that Haitians have to be some of the toughest people that ever lived.

Posted by: Timzilla | Jan 20, 2010 12:54:57 PM

10. Very cool.

Posted by: KFLO | Jan 20, 2010 6:21:43 PM

11. Not to be a dick, but don't you think it would have been better if they stuck a bottle of water and some food down there before shoving a microphone in her face?

Posted by: Jason | Jan 20, 2010 9:50:09 PM