Comments

1. Sargon Bighorn says

Let’s see what is the Racial equivalent? Black-Face. Got it. Okay so we have two str8 men painting on Gay-face and picking up a Banjo/Loft/sports car and singin Mammy or something Gay-ish! See, there is no discrimination against Gay Americans. This is parody. Just like Black-face is.

2. distributor says

I saw this film. It’s my job to see all available films at festivals and markets. It’s horrible. And it is EXACTLY like black-face – Sargon you are right.

3. barto says

Honestly, how did this movie get made? Who thought it would be a good idea? I can’t imagine what sort of audience they possibly envisioned watching it.

4. MrRoboto says

I saw this early last summer and, like Feral, thought it was terrific. My one qualm is that Jim Carrey occasionally lapses into far too broad of a characterization (you never forget he’s Jim Carrey, whereas Ewan McGregor disappears into his part). Most of the people at the screening I saw were comparing it to Catch Me If You Can, but it reminded me a lot more of Raising Arizona in its silly and sweet tone.

5. Jay says

Ewan McGregor looks adorable as a redhead. Despite whether this movie is terrible or not, it’s nice that the main plot/focus of the movie isn’t about them being gay… it’s about the guy and his con-man ways and it affecting their relationship.

6. Chad says

I saw a preview screening the other night. It’s like ‘Catch Me If You Can’ without any of the charm. As for the portrayal of gay men… it’s over-the-top and stereotyped, but not offensive per se – I just expected more nuance from both actors.

Overall, just a dull film.

7. Paul Taylor says

I saw the film at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Loved it! So did the other 600 people in attendance judging by the applause and the evaluation at the end of the screening.