Calendars | Firefighters | New York | News

Shirtless NYC Firefighter Ready for His Close-up

Firefighter

From a NYT City Room column on shooting the annual NYC firefighters calendar:

“This is me out of shape,” said the fireman, Taylor Murphy, as he flexed an outlandishly large pectoral muscle. He was standing topless, applying cocoa butter to his 6-foot-5, 265-pound frame, in front of an enormous turn-of-the-century steel rotary converter.

Nearby, Alan Batt, who was photographing Mr. Murphy for a charity calendar featuring beefcake shots of smiling New York City firefighters, fiddled with his tripod. “I knew this guy was built like, ‘rrruhhhr!’ ” Mr. Batt said, grunting and making a “this big” gesture with his hands. “So I wanted him in a place that was rrruhhhr, you know?”

And, uh, I think we're ready for that close-up too...

(via the awl)

Comments

1. I want him in a place that goes rrruhhhr too.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Feb 1, 2010 12:44:32 PM

2. A quick google suggests that he's best kept in the background. Amazing bod, not so amazing face. He was in last year's calendar, too.

Posted by: White Label | Feb 1, 2010 1:48:50 PM

3. Oh hum another large in shape young man being thrown in front of Gay America as if he's the standard to which we should all strive or aspire or lust after.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Feb 1, 2010 3:07:12 PM

4. Is this a photo shoot in Anderson Cooper's new Diggs?

Posted by: Rob West | Feb 1, 2010 3:40:29 PM

5. Don't you love the way Manhattan Protestant gays want to destroy the lives of Irish Catholic firemen, but still lust after some of them? It's all so bitterly twisted.

Posted by: JT | Feb 1, 2010 4:31:49 PM

6. wow - his face is painful in the flickr

Posted by: christopher | Feb 1, 2010 5:54:04 PM

7. Checked Flickr and I was pleasantly surprised: he's genuinely good looking without that fake 'model' look; more of a nice Italian-boy look. I could work with his endearing physical stats too.

Posted by: Drew | Feb 1, 2010 8:01:09 PM

8. whats with the hateful comments about his face? I really don't get you guys...so sad.

Posted by: jj | Feb 1, 2010 9:35:04 PM

9. I don't know what you guys are talking about he's absolutely handsome.

He's a bit too much man for me but that's cause I'm pint sized. ;) Certainly not his fault.

Posted by: Alex | Feb 1, 2010 11:13:11 PM

10. Taylor stars as the BI-SEXUAL love interest in Keo Nozari's video from 2007 "Question of Monogamy" -- he's shirtless around 1:23 making out with a girl...

Posted by: sexxyguy | Feb 3, 2010 12:03:14 AM

11. I just googled him and he was arrested last month for assaulting his trans-girlfriend. That makes him way less attractive.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Sep 18, 2011 3:40:37 PM