AIDS/HIV | Cyndi Lauper | Lady Gaga | News

Watch: Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper on Good Morning America

Lauper_gaga

Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga appeared on Good Morning America to discuss their participation in the M.A.C. Cosmetics Viva Glam campaign. Lauper and Lady Gaga are the newest faces of the M.A.C. AIDS Fund, which has donated over $135 million to fight IV/AIDS since 1994.

Love them!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. wow, what a couple of class acts. they separately deflected attention away from themselves and their celebrity numerous times in favor of the other and their cause. they managed to hit home a significant number of HIV/AIDS talking points in the interview and managed to be empowering to women. brava, ladies.

Posted by: bob | Feb 10, 2010 10:01:40 AM

2. Love them both! Great artists, great cause, total class act(s)....enough said.

Posted by: RB | Feb 10, 2010 10:19:31 AM

3. ♪ ♫ I ♥ ♥ them both ♫ ♪

Posted by: 1♥ | Feb 10, 2010 10:22:58 AM

4. "Bog Lady" has a new youtube vid.

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 10, 2010 10:35:55 AM

5. That still looks like it's from an SNL skit...but I applaud their efforts.

Posted by: A | Feb 10, 2010 11:21:00 AM

6. I totally admire them both! It's very comforting to see how Gaga brings back the topic about HIV/AIDS awareness despite George S. trying to talk about her celebrity status (and singing with Elton John). Gaga doesn't need this interview to bring more fame to her life or status. And how supportive Cyndi and Gaga are for each other and for this cause. BRAVO! Two great examples in every good aspect!

Posted by: Chris in Long Beach | Feb 10, 2010 11:23:12 AM

7. Thanks for sharing this Andy! I think the "world" of these 2 women, both as artists & as souls that speak truth to power! Hopefully they will inspire others to follow suit & bring more love, intelligence & understanding to the world.

Posted by: Amicus | Feb 10, 2010 11:37:09 AM

8. I was just telling my hubby yesterday I'm jonesin' for some Cyndi. Is she touring for anything anytime soon, another True Colors tour maybe??

Posted by: Jersey | Feb 10, 2010 11:40:23 AM

9. Way to say on message ladies. He kept driving into stuff about them, and they kept bringing it back to their message. How refreshing.

Posted by: Gregus | Feb 10, 2010 12:02:36 PM

10. I absolutely LOVE both of them. Cyndi Lauper is one of the most talented singers of this generation! If you ever have a chance to see her in concert..do yourself a favor! This woman is AMAZING and a great friend of our community! Lady Gaga is to me the new Cyndi Lauper...and we are going to see a lot more from her in the years to come. Cyndi is currently working on her new album and I can't hardly wait!
    Great artists, great cause, total class act(s). I admire both of them for their continuos support and for creating wonderful music!
    I LOVE CYNDI LAUPER
    I LOVE GAGA

Posted by: Paul | Feb 10, 2010 12:07:55 PM

11. Wow. My respect for LG just shot up 200% (was already a fan)-- eloquent, humble, grounded. And Cyndi is always a genius.

Posted by: rob | Feb 10, 2010 12:14:06 PM

12. Class 10%.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 10, 2010 12:20:45 PM

13. Love these chicks. No one else like them. As classy as they are weird and wonderful. Could only get better if they do some music together.

Posted by: Damon | Feb 10, 2010 12:22:00 PM

14. That was FABULOUS!!! Icon and and Icon in the making.

Posted by: Bobby | Feb 10, 2010 12:38:46 PM

15. Us as gay men should actually be proud of ourselves as we were behind these fabulous from day one. We sure can make the right people icons. Thankfully these two icons def give back to their fans, especially the gay ones. Lets never turn our backs on them...pinky swear?!

Posted by: Deej | Feb 10, 2010 4:24:10 PM

16. Two WONDERFUL allies/artists/activists. I hope tons of people are listening to their important messages.

And OMG YES YES YES Cyndi will be touring this summer! I can't wait!!

Posted by: sparks | Feb 10, 2010 7:21:50 PM

17. Let's keep the moralizing out of this - i.e. "Monogamous loving relationships" there are other reasons that people have sex.

Posted by: nice but | Feb 10, 2010 11:17:19 PM

18. Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper were just wonderful. I don't think any other celebrity, with a few exceptions, would've allowed the air time given to them to be redirected from publicizing themselves and their new album/tour/clothing line/etc. to talk about a public service announcement.

I know it's weird to applaud something like that, but I give kudos to L. Gaga and C. Lauper. It's weird to think that L. Gaga should be congratulated for singing live when she's a *singer*, but sadly we have to do so.

Posted by: Leonard | Feb 10, 2010 11:19:13 PM

19. Do people still believe you can develop AIDS conditions by way of sex?? Uh, ok.
    Love their music, but educate yourselves outside the typical mainstream. You'd think they would given how much they think outside the norm.

Posted by: Otter | Feb 11, 2010 12:40:21 AM

20. Impressed.
    AIDS spreads through many ways, uprotected sex being the most common as well as probably the only situation an individual can be in charge of (via opting for safer sex). Towards that end, they have made a strong point. And no, they havent discounted sex for sex's sake. Remember Laupers 'Starvation' quip? They are not dumb. And they are using this platform not only for empowerment of the ladies, but for everyone. Including that friend who really does need to ask "Whats there to laugh about?"

Posted by: Prat | Feb 11, 2010 4:10:35 AM