Comments

1. bob says

wow, what a couple of class acts. they separately deflected attention away from themselves and their celebrity numerous times in favor of the other and their cause. they managed to hit home a significant number of HIV/AIDS talking points in the interview and managed to be empowering to women. brava, ladies.

2. Chris in Long Beach says

I totally admire them both! It’s very comforting to see how Gaga brings back the topic about HIV/AIDS awareness despite George S. trying to talk about her celebrity status (and singing with Elton John). Gaga doesn’t need this interview to bring more fame to her life or status. And how supportive Cyndi and Gaga are for each other and for this cause. BRAVO! Two great examples in every good aspect!

3. Amicus says

Thanks for sharing this Andy! I think the “world” of these 2 women, both as artists & as souls that speak truth to power! Hopefully they will inspire others to follow suit & bring more love, intelligence & understanding to the world.

4. Paul says

I absolutely LOVE both of them. Cyndi Lauper is one of the most talented singers of this generation! If you ever have a chance to see her in concert..do yourself a favor! This woman is AMAZING and a great friend of our community! Lady Gaga is to me the new Cyndi Lauper…and we are going to see a lot more from her in the years to come. Cyndi is currently working on her new album and I can’t hardly wait!
    Great artists, great cause, total class act(s). I admire both of them for their continuos support and for creating wonderful music!
    I LOVE CYNDI LAUPER
    I LOVE GAGA

5. Deej says

Us as gay men should actually be proud of ourselves as we were behind these fabulous from day one. We sure can make the right people icons. Thankfully these two icons def give back to their fans, especially the gay ones. Lets never turn our backs on them…pinky swear?!

6. sparks says

Two WONDERFUL allies/artists/activists. I hope tons of people are listening to their important messages.

And OMG YES YES YES Cyndi will be touring this summer! I can’t wait!!

7. Leonard says

Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper were just wonderful. I don’t think any other celebrity, with a few exceptions, would’ve allowed the air time given to them to be redirected from publicizing themselves and their new album/tour/clothing line/etc. to talk about a public service announcement.

I know it’s weird to applaud something like that, but I give kudos to L. Gaga and C. Lauper. It’s weird to think that L. Gaga should be congratulated for singing live when she’s a *singer*, but sadly we have to do so.

8. Otter says

Do people still believe you can develop AIDS conditions by way of sex?? Uh, ok.
    Love their music, but educate yourselves outside the typical mainstream. You’d think they would given how much they think outside the norm.

9. Prat says

Impressed.
    AIDS spreads through many ways, uprotected sex being the most common as well as probably the only situation an individual can be in charge of (via opting for safer sex). Towards that end, they have made a strong point. And no, they havent discounted sex for sex’s sake. Remember Laupers ‘Starvation’ quip? They are not dumb. And they are using this platform not only for empowerment of the ladies, but for everyone. Including that friend who really does need to ask “Whats there to laugh about?”