Boy George | George Michael | News

George Michael and Boy George End 25-year 'Bitch' Fight

GeorgesBoy George and George Michael are on speaking terms again after 25 years of silence, the UK's Daily Star tabloid reports:

"The Culture Club singer slammed the Wham star for failing to come out as a homosexual at the height of their groups’ fame in the 1980s. The attack prompted Michael to label George a 'bitch' – and the pair refused to speak to each other for more than a quarter-of-a-century. But the Karma Chameleon singer revealed yesterday: 'We have exchanged emails and things are pretty good between us. We’ve ‘spoken’ a couple of times and he seems to be doing OK.' ... It’s a far cry from the 1980s when George, whose openly gay personality had helped Culture Club score No1s including 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?' was furious at Michael, now 46, for attracting millions of female fans to Wham! by promoting himself as a ladies’ man. 'People saw me as the benchmark queer while George Michael was passing himself off as a straight stud,' George fumed in 2005. 'In fact, he was loitering in public loos like some pre-war homosexual. It’s one thing to keep quiet. It’s another to pretend you’re someone you’re not.'"

Comments

1. Now we can have our cocktails, in peace.

Posted by: barney | Mar 14, 2010 9:13:30 PM

2. As a gay singer/songwriter I can understand where Boy George is coming from, but at the same time how George Michael decides to presents himself is his business. When you're gay you should come out when you're ready. I'm glad though that they've put this disagreement behind them.

Posted by: Preston | Mar 14, 2010 9:17:34 PM

3. Sadly, when George Michael began to "break free" from that image, his music started going downhill and he pretty much stopped putting out original albums (dispute with his label, whatever). Maybe that's all he had in him. But, when he was "pretending to be someone who he wasn't," he put out some pretty killer albums and catchy songs with Andrew Ridgley and then as a solo artist. Oh well. We live in the age now where if you achieve a certain level of popularity, you have to be out or suffer the consequences of a prying media (hello Jeremy Renner!), so what will be, will be.

Posted by: Vince | Mar 14, 2010 9:58:04 PM

4. sorry Preston ... everyone is correct to be critical of the cowards who stay in the closet for business and money ... leaving others to fight for progress ... not working class people who actually may be in danger if they come out in their communities ... but the middle class on up ... no excuse

Posted by: walter | Mar 14, 2010 10:11:34 PM

5. Whenever I think of Boy George, I can't help but recall when the prosecution of his sex offense case used the lyric for "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" in her remarks during the trial. I LOL when I read that bit of trivia.

Posted by: CJ | Mar 14, 2010 10:32:21 PM

6. Sorry Vince, would seriously have to disagree with you. His music has only gotten better...

Posted by: AladinSane | Mar 14, 2010 11:23:31 PM

7. what is a 'pre war homosexual'?

Posted by: zeta | Mar 14, 2010 11:35:49 PM

8. Aww, does Clay want a blo job? Find your balls and go get one Mr. Butch Clay man.

Posted by: contragenic | Mar 15, 2010 12:23:51 AM

9. Late night at the Vatican Clay? Have you been affected by man-on-man pollution? Does it make read Gay blogs?

Posted by: One of Many Mikes | Mar 15, 2010 12:25:35 AM

10. LOLZ @ Clay

Posted by: Mythman10 | Mar 15, 2010 12:26:45 AM

11. Did you read what was written?
    We're all rather highly amused, I'd say...

Do it again!

Posted by: Mythman10 | Mar 15, 2010 12:32:38 AM

12. Hey Clay, you're seriously turning me on with with that whole rough trade act. I mean Bro, I'm thinking you, me, your dad, a cheap room...oh yeah!

Dumbass.

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Mar 15, 2010 12:47:19 AM

13. Clay, honey...everybody knows that he who protests the loudest secretly wants the big, hard dick in his mouth/ass the most...it's common psychology 101, you closeted little budding fag, you!

Open wide sweetheart, your wildest dreams are about to come true..."oh, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you"

Posted by: Dennis | Mar 15, 2010 12:54:16 AM

14. Clay, thanks for the laugh, you're really priceless...but unfortunately, you're none too smart I'm afraid...hope you're at least decent looking...because 'ugly', stupid and sexually confused IS NOT an easy way to go thru life.

Again, it IS common knowledge that the most homophobic men are the most sexually maladjusted, either secretly gay themselves, or fucked up mentally in some way that a good therapist could assist with...Every ridiculous rant you post only makes the case against you stronger.

In the meantime, I hope you're having fun typing insults at the gays on one hand, while jerking off with other...but you really ought to call it a night, I know you have eight grade in the morning, so you really should get some sleep and leave the poor fags alone for now.

When you're older (18+ please) you're free to cruise online for gay sex and find the answers to the 'problems in your brain'...

Posted by: Dennis | Mar 15, 2010 1:17:35 AM

15. "what is a 'pre war homosexual'?"

The reference is to how restrictive life was for gay men in Britain before the war ("the war" meaning WWII).

Posted by: BobN | Mar 15, 2010 1:38:19 AM

16. Please, please, Clay. How you excite me! All I can think about since we met is writhing under the implacable hammer blows of your manly baseball bat.

I beg you... Blow off my worthless cocksucking faggot head and leave me just a highly sensitized anus, attuned to your every whim.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 15, 2010 4:00:27 AM

17. While George Michael is fine being gay and out-of-the-closet and enjoying life doing whatever he wants with his $$$, there are still those like Closet Clay who can't seem to figure out that his hate (and LAUGHABLE homophobic rants) are being directed straight back to him.

I am just waiting for any threats to be reported to the proper authorities.

Thank goodness for IP Addresses!

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 15, 2010 6:02:16 AM

18. So if the IP address is traced and Clay isn't arrested for making terrorist threats over the internet which could be a federal case and he's over 18, can we form our own version of "The Bachelor" to see which one gets to stem the rose? I've always been attracted to the angry types who've grown up under an oppressive religion. They definitely prove to be frisky in the sack, and the tears after nutting makes for intense cuddling. : ) Call me Clay!

Posted by: Dhani Darko | Mar 15, 2010 6:21:56 AM

19. I'd have to agree with ALADINSANE. George Michael's music got better with each album... it just has never gotten the airplay or publicity that WHAM!'s music got, and it wasn't as tween-girl-friendly.

"Listen Without Prejudice" is my personal favorite. Also, because of its lyrics and themes, I very much considered it his coming-out album, even though he was still in the closet to all but closest friends and partners.

Posted by: sparks | Mar 15, 2010 6:40:15 AM

20. Clay, Shut yo punk ass up Mofo. You ain't shit but a fucking punk ass bitch, Looking to get manhandled little thug ass bottom bitch.

WHAT?, YEAH I SAID IT!

Posted by: CHRIS | Mar 15, 2010 7:02:20 AM

21. Poor Clay. He may have self-loathing down to a tee, but he's yet to master the art of the put down or the comeback. Ain't nothin' like a queer retort.

Posted by: Andrew | Mar 15, 2010 7:50:51 AM

22. LOL at Clay and his inch and a half of dick.

And you know that he's the type hat gets soooooooooo turned on in the bus and train stops and will get on his (or her knees) faster than any of us "faggots" ever could.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 15, 2010 9:08:39 AM

23. OH, Clay! I thought you said "suck" not "stomp." Is suck what you meant?

Posted by: Wolfe | Mar 15, 2010 11:12:15 AM

24. Very interesting. CC was very big for a short while, but GM had a longer run of success. There were really no out acts in the 80's, but Boy George played up the androgyny to the max.

Posted by: anon | Mar 15, 2010 11:40:08 AM

25. The post states, "George['s]... openly gay personality had helped Culture Club score No1s." Truth is, George was not openly gay in those days. His general strategy was to downplay his sexuality. When pressed in an interview he claimed to be bi but said he preferred a nice cup of tea over sex. He only came out fully years after the group had disbanded.

Posted by: Sgt Howie | Mar 15, 2010 1:22:48 PM