George Michael and Boy George End 25-year ‘Bitch’ Fight

GeorgesBoy George and George Michael are on speaking terms again after 25 years of silence, the UK's Daily Star tabloid reports:

"The Culture Club singer slammed the Wham star for failing to come out as a homosexual at the height of their groups’ fame in the 1980s.

The attack prompted Michael to label George a 'bitch' – and the pair refused to speak to each other for more than a quarter-of-a-century.

But the Karma Chameleon singer revealed yesterday: 'We have exchanged emails and things are pretty good between us. We’ve ‘spoken’ a couple of times and he seems to be doing OK.' … It’s a far cry from the 1980s when George, whose openly gay personality had helped Culture Club score No1s including 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?' was furious at Michael, now 46, for attracting millions of female fans to

Wham! by promoting himself as a ladies’ man.

'People saw me as the benchmark queer while George Michael was passing himself off as a straight stud,' George fumed in 2005. 'In fact, he was loitering in public loos like some pre-war homosexual. It’s one thing to keep quiet. It’s another to pretend you’re someone you’re not.'"

Comments

1. says

As a gay singer/songwriter I can understand where Boy George is coming from, but at the same time how George Michael decides to presents himself is his business. When you’re gay you should come out when you’re ready. I’m glad though that they’ve put this disagreement behind them.

2. Vince says

Sadly, when George Michael began to “break free” from that image, his music started going downhill and he pretty much stopped putting out original albums (dispute with his label, whatever). Maybe that’s all he had in him. But, when he was “pretending to be someone who he wasn’t,” he put out some pretty killer albums and catchy songs with Andrew Ridgley and then as a solo artist. Oh well. We live in the age now where if you achieve a certain level of popularity, you have to be out or suffer the consequences of a prying media (hello Jeremy Renner!), so what will be, will be.

3. walter says

sorry Preston … everyone is correct to be critical of the cowards who stay in the closet for business and money … leaving others to fight for progress … not working class people who actually may be in danger if they come out in their communities … but the middle class on up … no excuse

4. CJ says

Whenever I think of Boy George, I can’t help but recall when the prosecution of his sex offense case used the lyric for “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” in her remarks during the trial. I LOL when I read that bit of trivia.

5. Dennis says

Clay, honey…everybody knows that he who protests the loudest secretly wants the big, hard dick in his mouth/ass the most…it’s common psychology 101, you closeted little budding fag, you!

Open wide sweetheart, your wildest dreams are about to come true…”oh, sweet mystery of life at last I’ve found you”

6. Dennis says

Clay, thanks for the laugh, you’re really priceless…but unfortunately, you’re none too smart I’m afraid…hope you’re at least decent looking…because ‘ugly’, stupid and sexually confused IS NOT an easy way to go thru life.

Again, it IS common knowledge that the most homophobic men are the most sexually maladjusted, either secretly gay themselves, or fucked up mentally in some way that a good therapist could assist with…Every ridiculous rant you post only makes the case against you stronger.

In the meantime, I hope you’re having fun typing insults at the gays on one hand, while jerking off with other…but you really ought to call it a night, I know you have eight grade in the morning, so you really should get some sleep and leave the poor fags alone for now.

When you’re older (18+ please) you’re free to cruise online for gay sex and find the answers to the ‘problems in your brain’…

7. BobN says

“what is a ‘pre war homosexual’?”

The reference is to how restrictive life was for gay men in Britain before the war (“the war” meaning WWII).

8. Bryan says

Please, please, Clay. How you excite me! All I can think about since we met is writhing under the implacable hammer blows of your manly baseball bat.

I beg you… Blow off my worthless cocksucking faggot head and leave me just a highly sensitized anus, attuned to your every whim.

9. FunMe says

While George Michael is fine being gay and out-of-the-closet and enjoying life doing whatever he wants with his $$$, there are still those like Closet Clay who can’t seem to figure out that his hate (and LAUGHABLE homophobic rants) are being directed straight back to him.

I am just waiting for any threats to be reported to the proper authorities.

Thank goodness for IP Addresses!

10. Dhani Darko says

So if the IP address is traced and Clay isn’t arrested for making terrorist threats over the internet which could be a federal case and he’s over 18, can we form our own version of “The Bachelor” to see which one gets to stem the rose? I’ve always been attracted to the angry types who’ve grown up under an oppressive religion. They definitely prove to be frisky in the sack, and the tears after nutting makes for intense cuddling. : ) Call me Clay!

11. sparks says

I’d have to agree with ALADINSANE. George Michael’s music got better with each album… it just has never gotten the airplay or publicity that WHAM!’s music got, and it wasn’t as tween-girl-friendly.

“Listen Without Prejudice” is my personal favorite. Also, because of its lyrics and themes, I very much considered it his coming-out album, even though he was still in the closet to all but closest friends and partners.

12. CHRIS says

Clay, Shut yo punk ass up Mofo. You ain’t shit but a fucking punk ass bitch, Looking to get manhandled little thug ass bottom bitch.

WHAT?, YEAH I SAID IT!

13. Chitown Kev says

LOL at Clay and his inch and a half of dick.

And you know that he’s the type hat gets soooooooooo turned on in the bus and train stops and will get on his (or her knees) faster than any of us “faggots” ever could.

14. anon says

Very interesting. CC was very big for a short while, but GM had a longer run of success. There were really no out acts in the 80’s, but Boy George played up the androgyny to the max.

15. Sgt Howie says

The post states, “George[‘s]… openly gay personality had helped Culture Club score No1s.” Truth is, George was not openly gay in those days. His general strategy was to downplay his sexuality. When pressed in an interview he claimed to be bi but said he preferred a nice cup of tea over sex. He only came out fully years after the group had disbanded.

16. josepe says

then they are going to make a few pretty songs together ,then they going to get marry and everybody is going to live happily ever after.

about clay guy, at least he knows where to find the faggots as he calls them,
    he is so stupid and sorry ass for a man
    he sounds like many boyfriends that i have been with

17. John Normile says

I think Maggie Gallagher is hiding behind Clay…All the things she can’t say in public come through in this scared closet case homophobe

18. TANK says

Speaking of sex in public, is george michael still perpetuating that harmful gay stereotype?

Yawn. This is the most significant thing to happen to the homosexuality in ever.

19. Palto says

Not even talking about sexuality for a moment, John Mayer reminds me of George Michael. Both are completely full of themselves and make bland, stale, boringly pedestrian music.

20. Gary says

Hey, Clay–just wanted to let you know that us “faggot cocksuckers with AIDS” now have your IP address. Expect a visit real soon from the cops, punk.

21. John says

Clay’s just trying to get you guy’s angry so you’ll rip off his tighty whities and ram your dong up his man snatch. Clay likes it rough. :O)

22. Clay says

I am Clay’s father. Clay is only 14 years old. I want to apologize for his behavior and use of language on this site. I assure you Clay is going to be disciplined by me for his behavior. I did not raise him to hate anyone. I do not judge a person based on their sexual orientation, and I am going to make sure that Clay does not ever come on this website again, and that he does not ever use this type of language again. Please accept my profound apologies. My brother is in law enforcement, so I am going to have him take Clay for a tour of the city jail. It should wake him up real quick, plus Clay is going to be grounded for a very long time. Again, please accept my apologies for my son’s behavior. Sincerely John Evans

23. CJ says

John,

Thank you for your kind response. Upon reading your sons comment, I had the strong sense he was young (one of the reasons I did not post a response directly addressing the matter, those things are better left in the hands of the blog owner or just being left alone). I truly hope your son realizes that hating anyone based on gender, race, or sexual orientation is unacceptable. We were all young once. Thanks for the response and all the best.

24. tommyboy says

if anyone with half a brain and one eye saw the “wake me up before you go-go” video in the 80s,,the very idea of George Michael being ANYTHING but flaming gay is hilarioius…he was gayer than boy george,,just in a different way,,i LOVE It how Elton and David Bowie and Ellen and George Michael all ‘CAME OUT’,,,LOLOL like they were ever ‘IN’ ???

25. John says

CJ thank you for the kind words as well. Sully, Clay did post the terrible comments last night. I am terribly sorry for the horrible comments he made. I have always pushed Clay to do well in school. He reads a lot of books, which probably accounts for his grammar skills. After reading the comments he made, I need to focus on being a better father and teach him more about having more common sense and being more respectful. He realized his comments and illustration of hate was wrong. I have three friends who are gay. All three are great guys, so I do not know why he decided to lash out with the terrible comments at the good people here on this site. I have never taught him to hate anyone, and never will. I look at people for their inner beauty, not what they believe or for their sexual orientation. I am ashamed and embarassed for the comments Clay posted, and I am going to make sure he understands that hating someone, gay, straight, or whatever is not acceptable and will not be tolerated by me. My brother is coming to our house tomorrow morning to take Clay by the jail in our town so he will see what happens to people who say and do bad things. Might seem a little harsh to take him on a tour of the jail with my brother, the cop, but I want to get the message across to Clay now, instead of him possibly spending the rest of his life with prison. Gentlemen, I am again truly sorry for the comments my son Clay made. I assure you he will not come back on this site and harass anyone. I sincerely appreciate your time. Thank you, and best wishes. John Evans

26. Spike says

I think the original tabloid piece was either a bit of PR or something put together after being skimmed from old interviews. Some of this doesn’t match…..

In “Take It Like A Man” Boy George had already buried the hatchet with George Michael….

I feel really sad for Boy George. He’s had everything but he’s a deeply sad, unhappy person. And all the fame and money in the world won’t ever change that.

27. Tommy says

Spike, Boy George said he buried the hatchet with George Michael in TILAM, but then after that in later interviews and in his second book, he started attacking GM again.
    I don’t feel sorry for Boy George. To me he has always come off as a selfish egotistical person who doesn’t care about other people. He likes to manipulate people like you to feel sorry for him. Don’t fall for his act.