News | towleroad

Programming Notes

I'm taking a few days off.

Liberty I've become so accustomed to the day-in, day-out, routine I've developed of consuming the news and info that's out there and processing it into this blog that the idea of taking some time off almost seems more stressful than just sitting back and continuing to work. I guess that's a good reason to step away from the computer for a bit.

But you won't be left alone here. For the next few days you'll have an excellent guest โ€” Steve Pep โ€” bringing you the news, culture, and whatever he decides to float your way. He'll likely be on a slightly different schedule than you're used to here โ€” but you'll hear from him soon.

Steve writes a media-focused blog called Soup Cans. Please be kind to him, enjoy, and check back in often. I'll be back soon.

Comments

1. Good for you. Rest up.

Posted by: Harvey Walker | Mar 2, 2010 11:48:44 PM

2. Enjoy it Andy. Thanks for all you do here.

Posted by: Alan | Mar 2, 2010 11:50:47 PM

3. That's great news, Andy. You need a break. Have fun, relax and we all look forward to your return.

Posted by: Marcus | Mar 2, 2010 11:55:58 PM

4. Andy, take ALL the time you want. I can't thank you enough for all you bring to me each and every day. I'm here, often hourly, just to read your latest words. You make me laugh, cry, and I pump my fist with gay pride so often I want you to know it. Your work here at Towleroad is GREATLY appreciated. Enjoy yourself and we'll read you when you get back.

Posted by: OS2guyos2guy | Mar 3, 2010 12:21:44 AM

5. GOOD FOR YOU!!! You deserve it, Andy.

Posted by: Eug | Mar 3, 2010 12:23:31 AM

6. Andy- You go have some well deserved R & R. I have been reading your blog everyday for years (at least 6) and I cannot recall you ever taking time off. Thank you for all that you do.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 3, 2010 12:35:59 AM

7. We love you, Andy. Enjoy.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Mar 3, 2010 1:00:27 AM

8. Take NOTHING electronic or it's cheating. If you could live with out it at birth, you can survive with out it now.

Come back refreshed; then you can plug that thyangy cable into that thyangy port at the back of your neck!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 3, 2010 1:07:47 AM

9. Take your much deserved time off, we'll be missing you but you really need to take some time for yourself.

Posted by: Yvespaul | Mar 3, 2010 1:13:39 AM

10. Enjoy your break. Go wild! Miss you while you're gone.

Posted by: Chris | Mar 3, 2010 2:39:01 AM

11. You MUST be tired if you're taking a break!

Good for you, step away from the world and go throw a snowball, but, I agree that you must pretend it's 1890 an turn off the electronics.

Maybe when you come back:

Maggie Gallagher will have come out as a Lesbian (Finally).

Charlie Crist will be dating Lance Bass ( any surprise there?).

Harold Ford Jr will be against Gay Marriage (Meaning he's running for a senate seat in South Dakota).

Mika will have made a listenable CD (no, you won't be away that long).

Grabbinnescum will have renounced his inner racist ( and pigs will have landed on the iced over shores of the River Hades).

Whatever, relax Mijo, relax.

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Mar 3, 2010 2:42:15 AM

12. Just wanted to say that though I am straight, I visit this site everyday. I very much enjoy it. You do superb work, please enjoy your time off.

Posted by: Jimmy | Mar 3, 2010 2:42:21 AM

13. Breaks like this are vital to recharging your batteries. Enjoy your time off, and thank you for all the work you do!

Posted by: Geoff | Mar 3, 2010 2:49:53 AM

14. Enjoy and relax! I have definitely noticed that the times when posts were made crept to be more round the clock every day. While I love all the info, I know it must take its toll on you. Take it easy. We'll be here when you get back. XOXO, Scott

Posted by: Scott | Mar 3, 2010 4:20:04 AM

15. I'll miss you, Andy. Have a great vacation.

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 3, 2010 5:39:51 AM

16. Andy,

Good for you and so well deserved! I am blown away at how much you work and how much time, energy, and dedication goes into providing this information to our community.

I for one am so appreciative and do not take for granted all that it must entail.

Enjoy your time off!

In Pride,

Dave, WGB

Posted by: WickedGayBlog.com | Mar 3, 2010 6:48:03 AM

17. NO DON'T LEAVE MEEEEE!!!!!! :(

Posted by: JC | Mar 3, 2010 8:24:38 AM

18. Andy, ditto here... Enjoy your well deserved time off! As a faithful reader, you will be missed but we all understand. Your hard work is truly appreciated... the best blog ever.

Posted by: Billy | Mar 3, 2010 8:30:50 AM

19. Enjoy your time off Andy, you deserve it but...no cheating (and that's easier said than done).

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 3, 2010 9:23:31 AM

20. Andy, if ANYONE deserves a break You do.

Thank you for all that you do for the Towlie community and for the GLBT community.

You'll be missed, but when you're ready to return, we'll be happy to have you back.

Take care. Be safe. Get rested and refreshed. Love ya, mean it, don't change a thing!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 3, 2010 9:39:21 AM

21. What everyone above said! Thanks for the hard work...and don't miss us too much.

Posted by: Felix | Mar 3, 2010 11:08:06 AM

22. Enjoy your break and thanks for your excellent reporting here.

Posted by: UWSGUY | Mar 3, 2010 11:13:01 AM

23. Andy, have a great vacation......or break....or days off.....and if you're in Dublin let's go for a pint ! Thanks for the most enjoyable and informative blog on the web.......you are a star !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 3, 2010 1:16:44 PM

24. Thanks for the supportive comments. We know he'll be checking in and these will certainly help him have an even more fun and relaxing time. Your participation in the site, the tips, comments, and guidance are both the fuel and the reward for us.
    Derek, you're hired. Somehow the news is just more interesting when you're around. Next time we should swap out the front page at his ip address and really give him a surprise.
    We're in great hands with Steve. Enjoy;
    Michael

Posted by: Michael Goff | Mar 3, 2010 1:29:08 PM

25. Andy,

Thank you for all you do for us on this blog. Towleroad continues to be a fantastic source for news, views, and inspiration.

You rock and we love you!

Rest up! Go out and enjoy the season!

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 3, 2010 2:04:03 PM