California | News | Pets | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #615

NOM: The National Organization for Marriage attacks GOP candidate Tom Campbell for support of same-sex marriage.

UMBRELLA MASSACRE: For those elsewhere in the country, New York had a mini-typhoon over the weekend. Here are the casualties.

SHELTER RESCUE: All she needed was a hug.

STILL FACE: Baby no likey.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Who is going to break the news to NOM that 'Conservative leadership' is an oxymoron?

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Mar 16, 2010 4:41:52 PM

2. OMG! I wept through that whole video of Edie. Humans constantly show how they are beneath contempt (I'm looking at you NOM), but then you see someone who steps up.

I'm passing around that video to everyone I know.

Posted by: MT | Mar 16, 2010 5:13:53 PM

3. Even though it ripped my heart out, I am so glad you posted that video of little Edie!

Posted by: Rocco | Mar 16, 2010 5:16:25 PM

4. Me too, MT!! Tears of sadness, joy and elation were just welling up and streaming down my face. Oh man, it's often very hard to get me to tear or cry at anything -- but that video did me in. I'm such a softie for animals, dogs especially. Whoever that person was that saved Edie is a true angel. I wish I could save rescue a dog but my apt does not allow pets -- so I generally make many donations to the SPCA and local pet shelters when I can.

Posted by: Julius | Mar 16, 2010 5:27:20 PM

5. That still face experiment is fascinating. Human cognitive linguistic development is such a constant and sensitive process.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 16, 2010 5:29:30 PM

6. Wow, nothing like sitting in my office and having to grab kleenex because of the tears.
    To those who showed compassion..may God bless you all!

Posted by: Dave | Mar 16, 2010 5:31:14 PM

7. Yes indeed the video of the little puppy was touching. It never ceases to baffle me how people take on the HUGE responsibility of an animal and then drop the ball leaving the animal helpless, cold, hungry and on death's door. Some people are just fucked up I guess.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 16, 2010 6:26:49 PM

8. We don't know why Edie wound up where she was. She is the kind of dog an elderly person would have had, so it's possible that her owner died. Let that be a reminder that your estate plan should provide for your pets.

Posted by: Kyle | Mar 16, 2010 6:34:00 PM

9. sometimes I feel like Eddie.

and I'm going to go hug my dog...and brush him.

Posted by: jon | Mar 16, 2010 6:50:16 PM

10. Edie made me cry. I am a mush when it comes to pets. I have two rescue dogs myself and work with several rescues. Even if you cant adopt or foster a pet, you can donate time or money to a shelter. You can also transport pets if you have a car and some time so they can get to their new homes. I've just recently started this since we cant take any more pets in the house and it feels good when you know you've helped save them.
    Also, if you hear anyone saying they are going to "buy" a pet, let them know there are shelter and rescue dogs all over the country that they should check out. In many instances their "bought" pet comes from a puppy mill and they are just disgusting (both the places and the people that operate them!).

Posted by: UFLYGUY | Mar 16, 2010 9:54:00 PM

11. Why can't dogs and cats from 'mills' get the same love rescue animals get? Are we so stubborn to punish corporate breeding that we'll let these cute little buggers go unloved?

No, I say take as many pets into your house as you are comfortable with (and able to adequately care for and provide a clean environment for).

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 17, 2010 2:13:06 AM