News | Shakespeare

Watch: Sassy Gay Friend Intervenes in 'Romeo and Juliet'

Sassy

You may remember what happened when Sassy Gay Friend stepped in to change the course of Hamlet. Here's what would happen if Juliet Capulet had her own SGF.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Q: What is it that most 14 year old girls and most Gay men have in common?

A: Just about everything!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 9, 2010 2:10:00 PM

2. You took a roofie from a priest! LOL

I'm glad there's another one of these, but this is mostly a carbon copy of the Hamlet one. It would be funnier if they broadened the concept a bit.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 9, 2010 2:22:53 PM

3. "she's a stupid bitch" is bound to become a popular line. These are great, and I agree, they could expand on the concept...although the point is to make fun of Shakespeares great "tragedy" stories and how there would be no tragedy if the women in these stories had a sassy gay friend, which is a positive, so YAY!...MORE!

Posted by: john | Mar 9, 2010 2:47:14 PM

4. This one has so many good lines. "Save it Patty Hearst". Love it.
    I wonder how many gay HS kids are gonna do OK on their Shakespeare tests b/c of this?!

Posted by: dan | Mar 9, 2010 2:55:06 PM

5. My first thought is "Wow, another stereotypical gay man character." Then my next was just laughter. Some things should not be taken so seriously. (When did I forget how to laugh at myself?!)

And for their next bit, I think they should do some famous movies. I would also love to direct/design these a bit more. Just a few stylistic touches and some better writing, they might have a YouTube sensation.

Posted by: Bryant | Mar 9, 2010 3:56:57 PM

6. already stagnant. That stupid bitch thing worked once. Death to this shit.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 9, 2010 4:07:47 PM

7. Hey Dan, how about none...none are going to do well on their "Shakespeare tests" (I realize you didn't write "shakenspeares!" which I gather is an improvement) because of this. NONE.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 9, 2010 4:09:47 PM

8. I would love to see them do Twilight. Bella Swan could use a sassy gay friend.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 9, 2010 4:11:01 PM

9. Yeah, because when a guy calls a woman a "stupid bitch," it's funny when he's gay. Get it?

I actually thought this was pretty funny but I really don't understand how calling her a stupid bitch is at all funny or even logical.

Whatever. Done. Stick a fork in it.

Posted by: drifterbob | Mar 9, 2010 7:38:00 PM

10. People need to loosen up. This is a funny video lol

That's what viral videos are for...to entertain and this definitely does!

Posted by: enrique | Mar 10, 2010 1:22:22 AM