News | Ohio

Watch: Wave of UFO Sightings Baffles Cleveland, Ohio

Ufo

Cue the Twilight Zone music. Eerie, otherworldly lights have been appearing over the shores of Lake Erie near Cleveland, Ohio for more than a week and nobody can seem to explain them.

Watch local news and MSNBC's David Shuster reporting, AFTER THE JUMP...

MSNBC:

Comments

1. Just a head's up: Cleveland is on the lake, Columbus is actually 180 miles south of it :)

Posted by: Daniel MacDonald | Mar 13, 2010 11:17:04 AM

2. Cleveland is on the lake, but Columbus (the State capital) is over 100 miles south.

Posted by: BGryphon | Mar 13, 2010 11:19:34 AM

3. The lights have been showing up for five nights in a row for two hours at a time, and NO ONE has thought to bring along a decent camera to film it? Why is it that any UFO sighting is always captured with a video camera with no zoom and a photographer with Parkinson's?

Posted by: Brandon | Mar 13, 2010 11:26:49 AM

4. Sorry, don't know why I typed Columbus.

Posted by: Andy | Mar 13, 2010 11:40:50 AM

5. I have never seen a UFO but I recently discussed a sighting that 10+ people saw near a fish camp we frequent over 25 years ago. After talking with one of the guys that saw it I am convinced there is something going on that isn't from here.

These guys saw a light that was like daylight over the water; no more than 300-400 yds away. They turned off all engines and flashed a bright spot light at it; it then showered the boat with a light so bright it was like having the sun on them. The light went out and without any sound disappeared with no flame and no noise in a blink of an eye. One of the fellows on the boat said there is nothing he knows of that can move that fast. The most eerie part is that he said he could see a massive dark shape around the light and yet moved that quickly and silently.

I have always thought that they may not be traveling in space as we know it at all. After watching a piece by Carl Sagan on other dimensions or space time realities; its more plausible that is where they are from. If you have a few moments google "flat land" and Carl Sagan. Its quite interesting.

Posted by: Jason | Mar 13, 2010 11:46:02 AM

6. It's Ralph Perk's hair !!!!

Posted by: rick | Mar 13, 2010 11:54:09 AM

7. Most cameras when zoomed will shake. Has nothing to do with the person filming, but the camera itself.

To think we are alone is the ultimate egotism.

Posted by: Bobby | Mar 13, 2010 12:27:50 PM

8. Jason, you get a gold star AND a happy face.

I won't tell you why I know, but I know you hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: rich | Mar 13, 2010 12:33:59 PM

9. Brandon may have been making the point that if the light was consistently showing up for eight nights in a row around the same time, SOMEONE would think to bring a f*cking tri-pod.

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Vince | Mar 13, 2010 12:51:38 PM

10. I want to believe.

Posted by: wtf | Mar 13, 2010 1:32:48 PM

11. Exactly, Vince.

I don't think we're alone, but could someone please get a decent shot of our visitors for once?

Posted by: Brandon | Mar 13, 2010 2:01:32 PM

12. For Jason:

Posted by: rich | Mar 13, 2010 2:14:24 PM

13. And don't forget the "leroys" with chaw stained overalls who get abducted. It's never a person with even a sixth grade reading level.

Um, no...these aren't "alien" ufos. Anyone with a basic understanding of physics would know that even if there's intelligent life out there (and there very likely is), it hasn't visited earth. Too far.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 13, 2010 2:38:01 PM

14. Swamp gas.

Posted by: niles | Mar 13, 2010 2:49:36 PM

15. I think young Eugene is just hoping to be probed anally. He doesn't have to wait for aliens from another planet for that.

Posted by: Klaatu | Mar 13, 2010 3:54:41 PM

16. The elephant in the room:

Why always the bright lights?

Assuming they're intelligent beings, you'd think they might not want to make themselves so stupidly apparent to us. Wouldn't it be much easier to just study us without all the fancy lighting? Unless these are gay club-aliens, the minute I see lights, I think "man-made". Show me a decent UFO during the day and I'll believe.

And I really hope they ARE gay club-aliens.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 13, 2010 4:23:08 PM

17. There are just so *many* technologies required to visit Earth, that even an advanced civilization would have a hard time discovering them all. Of course, then you have to combine them into a usable craft of some sort that can occupy a living being. If real at all, perhaps UFOs are just mechanical drones like the ones we mere humans send out...?

Posted by: Drew | Mar 13, 2010 4:59:23 PM

18. They are coming!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 13, 2010 5:47:01 PM

19. When we were kids we used to sit with our parents at the cottage and watch strange things move across the sky at night. Up, down, not any way an aircraft moves.

Then one evening at about 5 pm while out on the lake, I saw a disk shaped "thing" traveling at a high rate of speed clear as day. No lights, just a big grey circular shaped vehicle. No noise... and then it moved off extremely fast. A friend of mine that was in the boat with me saw my face and said "please tell me you saw that too!"

Though I think that they've had a hand in some of our history, I don't understand why any advanced civilization would want to bother with us, but I believe they exist.

Posted by: Kyle | Mar 13, 2010 5:47:56 PM

20. I live in Cleveland and this is the first I've heard of it! No one around here is talking about this.

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 13, 2010 5:57:04 PM

21. i'm with Jason, RIch and Kyle. I think things like this could very well be just different dimensions, same space. For whatever reason, I think we can glimpse inter-dimensionally some times... maybe tears or rips in the strings or waves of dimensions. i totally think they played a part in our past, too. heck, they could be the future us, visiting the past us and guiding us along in some way. Perhaps that last tinyspark that separates humans from every other life form on earth, is a gift from another dimension or life form. There is so much more than we'll ever understand. i want to know it all right now.

Posted by: casey | Mar 13, 2010 6:46:29 PM

22. I agree with the comment above that if these things keep showing up night after night, why is it that no one has thought to use a quality camera with good lens and a frakin' TRIPOD? Why is it that anytime anyone takes photos or videos of this stuff, the images are so distorted, fuzzy, and out of focus that it's really just impossible to tell what it is.

Posted by: Robocub | Mar 13, 2010 8:05:42 PM

23. they're already here.

they always were.

Posted by: gomez | Mar 13, 2010 9:00:42 PM

24. Brandon,

You hit the nail....this is the only video of this??? WHY? :|

Posted by: volsana | Mar 13, 2010 9:12:52 PM

25. Here's a crazy idea, why don't they find someone to fly up there and get a good look?

Posted by: Matthew | Mar 14, 2010 1:22:52 AM