News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

'Amazing Race' Cowboy Jet Has Problem with Gays, Called Winner Jordan a 'Fag'

Amazingrace

Okay, it's been 36 hours since the Amazing Race finale so I'm going to go ahead and discuss the winner. Jordan Pious, the gay Rhode Island man and his brother Dan, won the race.

Cowboy friends Jet and Cord came in second. Now, some revelations are coming out about what went on that you didn't see.

Reality Blurred reports:

Meanwhile, despite a CBS publicists’ pathetic effort to get them to not talk about things outside of the lame, noncontroversial stuff (“Let’s talk about their strategic play on the show”), Dan and Jordan told Reality TV World that cowboy Jet has a problem with gay people.

Interestingly, Jordan defends Caite (“She definitely is not homophobic”) and Caite’s response to Carol and Brandy (he said that when he challenged her on the race about U-Turning Carol and Brandy, he wasn’t accusing her). Instead, the brothers say that Jet is actually the one who made homophobic comments about the lesbian team and now, about him.

Dan said, “Jet hates gays, yeah,” and Jordan said that “he made comments about Carol and Brandy on the show.” Dan added that “Jet called Jordan a ‘fag’ Saturday night for absolutely no reason and Jordan just said hello to him, so there was something on the Race and I guess, in all fairness, there’s some stuff that isn’t shown and I think it’s an important thing to get out. Because I don’t think there’s any doubt that certain things happened and it all plays a part in everyone’s reaction. … I think there’s some animosity but it really goes one-way.”

And you know what that means. Jet probably is harboring some closeted Brokeback Mountain fantasy.

More of the full interview at Reality TV World.

Watch Jordan and Dan and Jet and Cord on CBS' The Early Show, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Surprise surprise, a southerner who has a problem with gays. Yawn. Hope he has fun roundin' up those retards too. Yeehaw.

Posted by: Skinnylittlebitch | May 11, 2010 11:50:45 AM

2. HA! the gays won, stupid cowboy homophobe

Posted by: Wes | May 11, 2010 11:54:19 AM

3. Jet and Cord are brothers...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: addison | May 11, 2010 11:54:20 AM

4. It´s not that shocking. CBS tried all season to make Cowboys the favorites who are always perfect and in the last ep, the brothers were "the villians" for no reason.
    They deserved to win. Go bros!!!

Posted by: Matty | May 11, 2010 11:57:57 AM

5. The brothers that won cheated their way to the top. At the end, they said that the only sneaky thing they did was cut in line. They must have forgotten about the time they stole someones taxi. The Cowboys deserved the win and are good ol' boys that I personally know. They're NOT homophobes. Don't believe everything people tell you or what you read about.

Posted by: Donk | May 11, 2010 12:06:03 PM

6. ...so donk why should I believe anything you tell me or write about if according to you "shouldn't believe everything people tell you or what you read about...?"

Posted by: yeahisaidit | May 11, 2010 12:18:05 PM

7. I was cheering for Dan and Jordan until they pulled that cheap stunt. It tainted the whole win. So now lets say the cowboys hate gays to make it all right.

Posted by: Jeffrey | May 11, 2010 12:31:41 PM

8. Did they break the rules? If not, then there's not much to say. Winners play cutthroat.

Posted by: Wes | May 11, 2010 12:34:24 PM

9. Oh my gravy!

Posted by: Keith | May 11, 2010 12:36:41 PM

10. Regardless if the "cut in line" had any effect on the outcome, they still did a really shitty thing that in my eyes was cheating. If I had been on the cowboy team I would have body-checked them out of the way at the ticket counter. Jordan was a major asshole for doing that. The cowboys are a class-act.

Posted by: David in Houston | May 11, 2010 12:38:36 PM

11. I'm southern and I'm gay and I had a real problem with Jordan and Dan. They began to represent all the negative sterotypes which I won't name here. I hate that people would think that we are like that.

Moreover, I loved the cowboys. I thought they had great heart and played like kind human beings..... and had a kind of charisma. I don't know if they "should" have won, but I was pulling for them.... and unfortunately against Jordan and Dan.

Posted by: jeff | May 11, 2010 12:39:34 PM

12. You people are sick, defending homophobes and attacking your own.

Posted by: Jonnyj | May 11, 2010 12:47:00 PM

13. as if pulling out your notes, on a memory skill task isn't cheating?

Posted by: Joes | May 11, 2010 1:01:05 PM

14. I was a huge fan of the Cowboys and wanted them to win. I would have been fine with the brothers winning too, until Jordan pulled the shady stunt at the airport. Of course I won't discredit Jordan's claims against Jet, but it just seems hard to believe after watching the show and not seeing any sort of homophobic behavior from Jet. They both seemed so polite throughout the whole race, Jet even refused to knock Jordan out of the way at the Lucas Film challenge. I would like to hear his side of it.

Posted by: Erik | May 11, 2010 1:13:12 PM

15. Sorry but Jordan and Dan annoyed the hell out of me. Just because they're gay doesnt mean we had to root for them...thats like African Americans only pulling for other African Americans...silly

Posted by: Grant | May 11, 2010 1:24:31 PM

16. The cowboys aren't "friends", they're brothers, which makes your already lame "Brokeback Mountain" 'joke' even lamer.

"You people are sick, defending homophobes and attacking your own"

So, we have the word of ONE person that Jet made homophobic remarks and we're supposed to flay him alive? Get out the pitchforks!

I *hated* Jordan, I'm very disappointed he won because he's another in the long line of "Amazing Race" gay stereotypes: the whiny, petulant queen who screams "I can't take this! I quit!" 4,000 times a season, someone with no personality except that He Is Gay, nothing interesting to say or observations to make. When they *do* have an interesting gay man on, like S14's Luke, he's closeted!

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 11, 2010 1:27:31 PM

17. Argh. I was rooting for the cowboys the whole second half of the race. I wasn't really a big fan of the other top 5 teams. The cowboys never seemed homophobic during the race, and never had any problems with the lesbians or the boys (until the infamous line jump [sleazy, but successful play]).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a southern cowboy would be homophobic, but it's still disappointing. I guess it really down take 20 years for the blue-state world to trickle down there.

I still can't stand Caite, though, even is she is down with the gays. She kept doing stupid things the whole race, and then immediately claim they were brilliant moves. Between her, Carol, and Brandy, the Amazing Race was in full-on bitch mode this season.

Meh at the end of the day, it's a reality show. These people don't matter. Come tomorrow, no one will care who was gay, straight, pro-gay, anti-gay, bitchy, etc. Life goes on, without reality shows. As it should.

Thank "god" for that.

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | May 11, 2010 1:40:07 PM

18. Wow...all the self loathers running to defend the homophobes. Sad, but not shocking.

Dan and Jordan played a great game, and I was thrilled that they won. As far as cheating goes, I call bullshit on that. Cutting in front of a line, and grabbing a taxi from another competitor is part of the game. If CBS thought it was cheating, they would have called them on it, since they were clearly editing the show to favor the cowboy brothers.

Posted by: Michael | May 11, 2010 1:47:40 PM

19. I was rooting for Jet and Cord from the start, so yes, I was disappointed in the results. What the brother did at the airport was sneaky and while jumping seats aboard the plane was technically not illegal by the rules of TAR, I'm sure what they did will be addressed in future seasons to prevent every team from doing the same. (Imagine an entire game of Racers, all trying to move into first class.) Did Jet call Dan and Jordan "fags"? Quite possibly, but we're taking only their words, especially after they've been called cheaters online. We also have to wonder in what context the word was used. In an ideal world, words like "fag" would never be used, but there are times when the best of people can become angry, upset, etc and use such terms. Finally, as far as anyone knows, if this did happen, it may have been the first or rare time Jet has used the word. It takes more than one time of using the word "fag" in a moment of frustration to label someone a homophobe. (And yes, the writer did need to actually watch the show to know that Jet and Cord are not friends but brothers. So calling in the Brokeback fantasies is unnerving.)

Posted by: TARphan | May 11, 2010 1:49:54 PM

20. For those of you who are defending the cowboys and suggesting that all you saw was politeness and friendliness to other teams, don't forget that what you see on TV is what CBS decides to show you. The producers of the show decide how to edit each team's "character" and the cowboys were made to look like "aww shucks" heroes. Also, I read an interview with Michael and Louie (the 4th place cops) who said that the cowboys had issues with Carol and Brandy for some unknown reason.

If Jordan and Dan are going to state in public interviews that Jet called Jordan a "fag", I'm going to believe it. That's a pretty serious allegation to make if it's a fabrication. Note we haven't (yet anyway) heard any denials from Jet.

Posted by: Mike | May 11, 2010 1:51:05 PM

21. "Amazing Race", huh? I need to start watching more television. That's the rub working third shift. You miss all these "wonderful" TV shows: Amazing Race, American Idol, um, well, those are the two I've read about here. Don't know about any others. Oh, wait! Dancing With the Stars. Yeah. Y'all talk about it here a lot, too. Am I missing anything by not watching these shows? Just askin.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 11, 2010 1:57:05 PM

22. Wow, this show sucks, too. And yet the great unwashed loves it.

Posted by: TANK | May 11, 2010 2:05:23 PM

23. "Also, I read an interview with Michael and Louie (the 4th place cops) who said that the cowboys had issues with Carol and Brandy for some unknown reason."

But then, everyone seemed to have issues with Carol and Brandy, for whatever reasons, including Michael and Louie.

Posted by: Ed | May 11, 2010 2:09:25 PM

24. @Henry Holland - Luke from TAR season 14, was not closeted, he was, and is out, the producers decided not to label him in the show as gay (against his wishes) because they already had gay characters, and his character was the deaf son. The producers did not want to confuse us in a season overstuffed with the gays... Father and son gays, Mel and Mike White, Victor (of Tammy and Victor), and Kisha (of Kisha and Jen).

Posted by: Critifur | May 11, 2010 2:10:26 PM

25. The Cowboys are young. They can still learn something about the world. It worked for Caite & Br-- Oh, wait, forget that last part. ;-)

Posted by: Frank S | May 11, 2010 2:19:18 PM