Edie Falco | I'm Not Gay | Kevin Sessums | News

BigGayDeal.com

Edie Falco Does Not Butter the Lesbian Side of Her Toast

Falco

During a discussion of her lesbian fans, Kevin Sessums asks Edie Falco if she's ever "buttered that side of [her] toast."

Says Falco: "I beg your pardon! I am so not going there. Wow. I’ve never heard it put that way either. But no. I’m afraid I like boys."

Comments

1. I'm afraid I like boys too Edie!

Posted by: David B. 2 | May 17, 2010 2:50:57 PM

2. How about asking "Have you ever fell in love with a woman?"

Posted by: terry | May 17, 2010 3:28:23 PM

3. "Don't go there" and Edie I have no intention....ever!

Posted by: Piper | May 17, 2010 5:10:04 PM

4. Oh Edie, why were you so upset that someone might ask you that question? I get mistakent for straight all the time and I don't get bent out of shape!
    What was wrong with just a laugh and a simple No response?

Posted by: Major707 | May 17, 2010 5:26:42 PM

5. In her defense, I'd think her answer expresses disgust at the vulgar questioning and not homosexuality itself. That sensational language is clearly used to get a reaction, and I don't blame her for being caught off guard.

Posted by: Kyle | May 17, 2010 5:47:57 PM

6. Maybe she thought "butter your toast" was something pseudo-sexual, in which case her reaction is justified.

Posted by: Jane Roe | May 17, 2010 6:22:30 PM

7. read it in the context of the entire interview and it's clear she was surprised by the way the question was asked. she seemed thrilled with the fact she has so many lesbian fans. it was a refreshing interview. i think the framing of this post is a bit disingenuous.

Posted by: jeff in la | May 17, 2010 9:05:50 PM

8. The smell of talentlessness...

Posted by: TANK | May 17, 2010 9:10:11 PM

9. Are we ever going to reach a point where questions like this won't even be asked and the answers wouldn't matter anyway? I'm all for being out and not totally turned off to outing under some (extreme) circumstances but why is it that reporters (both gay and straight) seem to find such delight in delving into someone's personal life?

Posted by: ChrisM | May 18, 2010 8:34:50 AM

10. Tank, you can't be serious. Edie Falco is hugely talented.

Posted by: W | Sep 6, 2010 7:40:29 AM

11. A strait woman wouldn't have understood the question.

Posted by: pedro caldroan | Mar 31, 2012 2:38:40 AM

12. not that i care. luv me some Edie!!! What a badass!!

Posted by: pedro caldroan | Mar 31, 2012 2:41:31 AM