Jake Gyllenhaal | News

Watch: Jake Gyllenhaal's Name is Pronounced 'Yil-En-HOO-Li-Hay'

Gyllenaal

Jake Gyllenhaal explains the correct pronunciation of his surname, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. isn't that Swedish for "where's Adam Lambert?"

Posted by: cd | May 14, 2010 1:02:28 PM

2. why do i care? how is this gay news?

Posted by: Astro | May 14, 2010 1:08:25 PM

3. ASTRO, feel free to read another blog.

Posted by: DD | May 14, 2010 1:15:04 PM

4. LOL CD...

I would embarrass myself if I tried to pronounce that name. :D

And love Sir Ben's confession of being a 'spelling boob'... I to am horrible at it and have dictionary.com up and ready any time I type... like now.

Posted by: aleabeth | May 14, 2010 1:17:34 PM

5. Yake Yil-En-HOO-Li-Hay has an exalted place as the ne plus ultra of gay-male crushes and as such is gay news whenever he does anything. If this site were all gay bashings and senate committees, nobody would read it.

His name reminds me of Goldie Hawn's character from Overboard -- Annie GOO-Li-Hee.

Posted by: Gregoire | May 14, 2010 1:23:42 PM

6. I'll just call him "hot."

Posted by: Esoteric Homo | May 14, 2010 1:25:56 PM

7. And the proper way to pronounce "Cheney" is "Cheeeeeeney", but only if you're Chris Matthews.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | May 14, 2010 1:31:16 PM

8. Jake Gyllenhal, pernounced blarfengarh.

Posted by: Arthur V | May 14, 2010 1:31:34 PM

9. PRONOUNCED 'YIL-EN-HOO-LI-HAY'
    I think thats what it sounds like when you have something in your throat. ZING!

Posted by: Dino | May 14, 2010 1:49:42 PM

10. sorry but shouldn't it be yil-len-hay? where is the extra who-li coming from? i'm not a dutch speaker but there seem to be too many syllables in there.

Posted by: jgm22 | May 14, 2010 1:53:39 PM

11. I've always pronounced it "overindulged douche". His sister's way more talented than him.

Posted by: TANK | May 14, 2010 1:54:27 PM

12. sorry - danish speaker, not dutch speaker - i think this is a dane name.

Posted by: jgm22 | May 14, 2010 1:54:56 PM

13. @jgm22, I don't think Jake was being serious...

Posted by: talb | May 14, 2010 1:57:15 PM

14. @talb is he now?

Posted by: jgm22 | May 14, 2010 2:06:02 PM

15. I'll call him any name he wants. Especially in a thong!

Posted by: Maleka | May 14, 2010 2:12:59 PM

16. Once again Tank you prove yourself to the be the "overindulged douche" on this blog.

I think Jake and his sister are both incredibly talented.

Posted by: Sam | May 14, 2010 2:25:09 PM

17. Perhaps he should've asked Alexander Skarsgård how that's really pronounced.

Or, if he'd just read:

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 14, 2010 2:35:49 PM

18. Who's the hot reporter?

Posted by: Dignan | May 14, 2010 2:44:18 PM

19. why are we always supposed to drool over this guy?

I mean, Jake's good looking enough - but until he actually comes out, it's gay men hopelessly lusting after "straight" men syndrome

granted, he isn't a fraction the culprit that Tom Cruise is, but I wonder is we would be drooling equally over TC if he was 20 years younger

whether Jake's in the closet or straight - either way doesn't seem like a particularly healthy object of lust

he's young, handsome & talented for sure,so I'd def give him some slack as he grows

there's just a strange order of idolatry in the gay community sometimes

Posted by: neverstops | May 14, 2010 2:51:11 PM

20. @neverstops why shouldn't gay men be infatuated with him? shouldn't all people be allowed to have the hots for anyone they want. your argument strongly supports a major point from that newsweek article about why gays shouldn't play straights - straight women won't lust after them...um why can't they? it's all a fantasy anyway.

Posted by: jgm22 | May 14, 2010 2:59:53 PM

21. @ astro... its not Gay news. Its news for gay men.

Posted by: alex paris | May 14, 2010 3:18:15 PM

22. Huh? What? I'm sorry, I was just staring at Jake for a second. What were we talking about?

Posted by: The Milkman | May 14, 2010 3:26:46 PM

23. Jeez, enough already! It's a fun short clip, what's the big deal! If you don't like it, read on to the following news entry, and if it bothers you that much, go somewhere else for your news!

Posted by: topher | May 14, 2010 3:50:10 PM

24. I wonder how many awkward advances Ben Kingsley made on our boy Jakey during the filming of this vehicle.

Posted by: GM | May 14, 2010 3:54:01 PM

25. jesus fucking christ you queens will make drama out of nothing! NOTHING! It's entertainment news with Jake Gyllenhaal who many of the gayboys happen to like because, gee, I don't know, Brokeback Mountain, maybe? So many asses on so many shoulders when people speak all I smell is fart. Fuck!

Posted by: wtf | May 14, 2010 4:02:36 PM