Film | Gay Pride | James Franco | Kalup Linzy | Los Angeles | News | Soap Operas

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: What Was James Franco Doing at L.A. Pride?

Franco1

World of Wonder ran into James Franco and drag performer Kalup Linzy at L.A.'s Pride celebration. You may remember that the pair were last spotted together singing torch songs at a birthday party for Campari. What were they doing at Pride? It's all about art....and soap operas.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Franco2

Comments

1. Maybe he was just there to be supportive. One of the first major "mainstream" celebrity sightings at a Gay Pride festival that I recall some 20 years ago--can't remember the city--was Tom Petty and his wife. (Of all people!) They weren't performing or anything; he just felt that it was important that they be there showing their support, and he knew it would be a fun party. Those are the kind of straight people I love.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 14, 2010 9:13:02 AM

2. I really do wish towleroad would quit using flash content on their sites. How many gays do you know that don't have an iPhone? 

Posted by: Paul | Jun 14, 2010 9:36:42 AM

3. Is James Franco gay? Does anyone know?

Posted by: Fahd | Jun 14, 2010 9:40:53 AM

4. Alas no.

He's BIG supporter of our rights, however. He marched -- and spoke -- against Prop 8.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 14, 2010 9:44:03 AM

5. his character was mentioned on General Hospital the other day. I wonder if they'll bring him back for a few episodes? he was great in the role of the troubled performance artist/serial killer, lol.

Posted by: casey | Jun 14, 2010 9:49:16 AM

6. Actually David, he is. He's pretty open about it amongst friends and people he works with. When he was in Toronto shooting, he hit on pretty much every hot guy under 30 within a ten mile radius, including a close friend of mine who worked at the hotel Franco was staying at. He even had his b/f with him for half the shoot, and they were quite affectionate at the wrap party.

Posted by: secretagentman | Jun 14, 2010 10:01:21 AM

7. What's his boyfriend like?

Posted by: Fahd | Jun 14, 2010 10:16:07 AM

8. Nice looking, but not as hot as Franco.

Posted by: secretagentman | Jun 14, 2010 10:23:31 AM

9. My favorite movie of his is the one set in New Orleans where he plays the prostitute. He was brilliant and hot in that. Does anyone recall the name?

Posted by: Fahd | Jun 14, 2010 10:57:36 AM

10. He wore a San Francisco Giants cap to L.A. Pride.

This is the middle of Dodgers territory, is it not?

Posted by: John | Jun 14, 2010 11:07:33 AM

11. @Fahd: That movie is called "Sonny." Nicholas Cage directed it in 2002, and it also has Harry Dean Stanton and Brenda Blethyn in it. I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting.

Posted by: Thomasina | Jun 14, 2010 11:46:16 AM

12. @ Thomasina - Thanks, its a great movie -- some weak spots-- but Franco at his hottest imho

Posted by: Fahd | Jun 14, 2010 11:58:21 AM

13. Gay or straight, Franco is one hot man.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 14, 2010 12:01:33 PM

14. @Paul Maybe you should get a droid instead?

Posted by: AladinSane | Jun 14, 2010 12:19:41 PM

15. i love art!!!oh my wanna know more

Posted by: sal | Jun 14, 2010 1:03:44 PM

16. He's so cute!

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 14, 2010 1:09:00 PM

17. I swear Franco is making New York interesting AGAIN. Among the circle of avant garde NYer-artists you will often see him. Very care-free actually and really nice. He seems to genuinely enjoy himself wherever he is, among any crowd.

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Jun 14, 2010 1:43:29 PM

18. @ SSCHIEFRSHA

You know right? He's just kiving life! Good for him if I loved my job AND earned decent pay from it!

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 14, 2010 4:10:18 PM

19. secretagentman, if Franco was hitting on lots of other guys even though he has a boyfriend, does that mean he and his boyfriend have an open relationship?

Posted by: Troy | Jun 14, 2010 5:05:35 PM

20. You can always count on Ehrenstein to endlessly deny Franco's gay side. Like he would know better than anyone what secrets the dude keeps... Ridiculous.

Posted by: Joey | Jun 14, 2010 8:47:49 PM

21. I would assume so, Troy. I heard about Franco and other dudes, but this is the first I've heard about a boyfriend.

Good for him.

And we are the least shocked that James Franco went to pride, correct?

I expected him to be there, and I was relieved to find out he was. :)

Posted by: Marcus | Jun 15, 2010 4:06:45 PM