Comments

1. Max says

Guess who gets their political contributions from BP?

“Obama biggest recipient of BP cash” (Reuters)

“The largest beneficiary of campaign donations from BP in the 2008 election cycle, for instance, was President Obama, who took in $77,000 from company executives.” (New York Times)

“Obama was top recipient of BP-related dollars in 2008″ (CNN)

NOM is vile, but let’s be careful with the low blows.

2. DeWayne says

It isn’t newsworthy, but I get my gas from BP sometimes. They are cheaper, and I can’t afford any righteous indignation right now. I spend too much time reading Towleroad.

3. Peter says

BP gas stations are franchised/independently owned. In fact, BP sells its petrol to many different companies, making it difficult to boycott the company.

4. Redebbm says

I think the fact alone that they are filling that obnoxiously big RV should be under scrutiny, these groups pour so much money into fighting this battle over a word and this is just a micro version of how wasteful they use the money. No regard to how their vehicle is impacts the environments around it. I’m trying to cut down on petrol and use more public transportation, we need to boycott the fuel not the brand.

As for NOM, they live in a protected little world in their heads that is slowly slipping away. I can’t understand their mindset of insisting the government be on their side when usually they want to break down the government even more than they already did.

5. KB says

I’m all for hating on NOW, but please revise this post. Boycotting BP retail gas stations only hurts the independent franchise owner, who desperately need the business in this troubled economy. BP’s retail operations account for a small fraction of their annual income, and the gas sold at these stations is not even always BP gas- it’s a mix from all sorts of different companies, who pull from sources worldwide. The owners of these stations are franchisees and need our support and our dollars now more than ever.

Please encourage your readers to make the effort to SEEK OUT and PATRONIZE BP stations- these franchisees are being punished unfairly for the sins of a distant corporate entity.

6. Matt N says

BP has 100% on the HRC index, but I’m guessing NOM doesn’t know that.

If I had to choose between getting gas at BP or Exxon Mobil (0% HRC) or 76 (70% HRC), I would pick BP.

That being said, I’d choose Chevron (100%) or Shell (100%) over BP.

7. puhlease says

I feel sorry for people who live in a country filled with hate. You guys think America is great, but you have no idea how much your country sucks big time…

8. B says

puhlease: im sure every country has it’s downfalls. I say America’s pretty damn amazing with the opportunities afforded to many, I mean, why would thousands risk their lives to enter either legally or illegally? What utopian nation are you from?

9. B says

Clearly ur just joking. No one in their right mind would trash another country when their leaders claims there are no homosexuals in their country. when you want to tell the truth, I’ll be here.

10. ChrisM says

Not buying gas from a BP station make absolutely no sense or difference. If you choose not to purchase from your local BP that’s fine but you are in no way hurting BP as a corporation. Stations are personally and privately owned not corporate owned so you are hurting a community business. BP simply doesn’t care because they can, and do, sell their gasoline to anyone with a tanker. So if they aren’t filling the underground takes at a BP station they are filling the underground tanks at the station of any brand willing to purchase their fuel. Actually BP can make more money selling their fuel on the open market than they can selling to their licensed agents (stations) so by not purchasing from a BP station you are freeing up more product for them to sell at a higher price on the open market.

11. pickles says

The other bonkers thing about this shot is that all the ‘perfect’ people in the images screened on that bus are NOT actual married people. The images are straight off a website called iStockphoto, so they’re just random, people/models selected by a photographer to look like families and couples. Poseurs!