Levi Johnston | News | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin Responds to News of Bristol - Levi Engagement

Palin_johnston

In a statement to the Today show, Sarah Palin responded to news of her daughter's engagement to Levi Johnston.

Said Palin: "Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what's best for our children. Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives."

Comments

1. @ ANDY TOWLE: I can't believe you didn't include the rest of her response! The full statement:

I myself do not have that level of belief: I'd like to get the backstabbing little daughterfucker in a half nelson and poke his eyes out with my acrylic nails. Then, while he's blind and bleeding, I'll strip him off, throw him on the bed and ride him angrily all night, like I've always wanted to."

Posted by: Strepsi | Jul 14, 2010 12:50:29 PM

2. Is there anyone who doesn't believe this entire affair has been perpetrated by Sarah Barracuda and her political minions in preparation for a 2012 presidential run? Levi's a loser and fits in with that clan perfectly. I'm sure Levi's mom will benefit too, as part of the deal. Well, at least the baby won't be a bastard child much longer, so there's some good to come out of it all. I'm curious to see where mom-in-law puts Levi to work this go around.

Posted by: Bob R | Jul 14, 2010 12:52:53 PM

3. I'm dreading watching the 6 o'clock news tonight; will there be Iraq, Afghanistan, unemployment? Nah. We'll get all Bristol/Levi, all the time. And the real question is, who cares?

Posted by: Butch | Jul 14, 2010 12:57:42 PM

4. I say lets check Levi's scalp for the 666 symbol, then try and deprogram him. RUN LEVI, RUN!!

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 14, 2010 1:01:16 PM

5. Kathy Griffin must be heartbroken.

Posted by: citizen spot | Jul 14, 2010 1:09:50 PM

6. There is no way that was written by Sarah Palin. It was eloquent, carefully worded and seemed intelligent.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 14, 2010 1:13:01 PM

7. Another chapter in the Alaskan white trash version of Gone with the Wind has begun.

Posted by: Jack MJ | Jul 14, 2010 1:14:55 PM

8. Family values. So close is their bond that the tabloids break the news to mom.

Posted by: Wes | Jul 14, 2010 1:24:36 PM

9. I want my 30 seconds back.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 14, 2010 1:27:09 PM

10. Poor Levi had his brief moment of clarity and a brief moment to escape. Unfortunately, he has fallen back into the darkness and will become "one of them" very shortly. Expect his condemnation and born-again status to be revealed soon.

Posted by: tyler | Jul 14, 2010 1:38:32 PM

11. "Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives..."

yep-she's PREGGERS again. Obviously just say "NO" means NO ---don't stop pull it out DEEPER

Posted by: slippy | Jul 14, 2010 1:47:32 PM

12. This is all a very transparent orchestration by the Palin camp to remain in the news, advance themselves, and make money. Any claims to the contrary are laughable.

Posted by: Bastian | Jul 14, 2010 2:11:27 PM

13. I mean really, first Kathy lost The Woz, and now this...

She may have to go back to Ron Jeremy soon.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 14, 2010 2:13:01 PM

14. Trash. Every one of them.

Posted by: acorlando | Jul 14, 2010 2:18:22 PM

15. @ Gregoire: Well said.

Posted by: Piper | Jul 14, 2010 2:37:05 PM

16. Gee, I can hardly wait for Larry King to devote a full hour to Levi and Bristol. Better get myself lined up in the phone queue. (I wonder how Kathy Griffin is taking all this. Poor girl must be beside herself right now.)

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 14, 2010 2:55:48 PM

17. @ Patrick....You mean, check his scalp for any signs of a lobotomy!

Posted by: wonderer | Jul 14, 2010 3:14:31 PM

18. I give them a year after the 2012 presidential election if she runs and loses.

A year after her first (and only) term if she wins.

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 14, 2010 4:07:21 PM

19. Oh, my, how fickle is towleroad. Not so long ago, when he was being paid to trash the family, everyone here was horny for Levi and panting over the prospect of seeing him nekkid and giggling over the anti-Palin stories someone had scripted for him (you know he can barely write).

Sure he's a dope, but he was a dope when he was with the family and when he was against the family and he's still a dope now that he's with the family again. And no one at towleroad really gave a damn about him at any point, they were just politically-motivated users like the the Republicans were.

I don't and never did pretend to care about this stupid family myself, but if I did I would want the oafish yokel to have a good relationship with his child and the woman she knocked up. He doesn't owe me anything politically.

Posted by: Harry Hornee | Jul 14, 2010 4:24:48 PM

20. They must have paid him a BOATload of money! This is a sure sign that Sarah is going to make a run for President. Bristol and Levi even admitted after the last fail election attempt, that they had been broken up for a while, but continued a farce for the press. I would love to be a fly on the wall when the cameras are not around. I'm sure they still hate eachother!

Posted by: john b | Jul 14, 2010 7:48:43 PM

21. well meemaw weighed in at the trailer park meetin'...what's peepaw hafta say about all these doins?

I can't stand these people. Not even interesting in a trashy tabloid way.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 14, 2010 7:54:20 PM

22. I hope they can have some somewhat normal lives out of the spotlight now. My best wishes to them.

Posted by: Jason (the commenter) | Jul 14, 2010 7:59:26 PM

23. I know Jesus is happy.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Jul 14, 2010 8:48:31 PM

24. LOL, its pretty funny that she basically admits she doesnt have redemption and forgiveness in her heart.

This momma bear is rabid.

Posted by: Tib | Jul 15, 2010 12:12:45 AM

25. @Bob R

No matter how much I agree with your resentment of the Palin clan, your usage of "bastard" perpetuates an outdated heteronormative concept that is condescending to couples (gay and straight-unmarried alike), and I would urge you to rethink it.

Posted by: FrancoisTrueFaux | Jul 15, 2010 3:51:20 AM