Alec Mapa | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #704

INCEPTION: "The main musical cue in Hans Zimmer’s Inception score is actually a slowed-down version of Edith Piaf’s 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.'"

ALEX MAPA: His recent appearance on The View.

THE RUSSIAN BIRD: News anchor flips off producer after being cut off.

PLURAL OF OCTOPUS: Just to be clear.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I don't get the INCEPTION video...I thought the fact that it was Piaf was not masked. In fact, every time I heard it, I was annoyed because it reminded me that Cotillard played her and took me out of the movie. (And parts of the movie were very SHUTTER ISLAND in tone and plot, another distraction.) Or was I just...dreaming...?

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 28, 2010 5:40:49 PM

2. Alex Mapa: Love him. Notice Ms. Right Wingerbeck laughing her ass off. Yeah, it's ok to laugh at us just don't get married.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 28, 2010 7:02:50 PM

3. go mapa, go...knock 'em dead baby...!

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Jul 28, 2010 7:16:15 PM

4. Matthew, you're dreaming--you might even be dreaming inside a dream. And don't try to find flaws in Chris Nolan's films. They simply don't exist.

Posted by: Asher | Jul 28, 2010 7:40:31 PM

5. That Edit Piaf song was also used elsewhere in the movie.

Posted by: David C | Jul 28, 2010 8:41:08 PM

6. mapa lovveeeee!!!!!

Posted by: sal | Jul 28, 2010 9:02:02 PM

7. I think more notable re: INCEPTION is that much of the score is simply a rehash of Zimmer's score for PEARL HARBOR. (Which, who knows, was maybe a rehash of something else he did earlier...)

Posted by: PC | Jul 28, 2010 9:05:42 PM

8. Anyone else notice Alec talk right over Elizabitch when the pictures of his family came up? Love him.

Posted by: Matt | Jul 28, 2010 10:47:11 PM

9. I love Alec Mapa too! And I'm so glad he made the point about domestic adoption. I get questions about my very white son too—where's he from? Uh, Seattle.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 29, 2010 12:38:59 AM

10. My Russian's not good enough to catch what was going on on the news program, but it was something about Ukraine and Moldova. Anyone else get more? I loved the anchor's intense animation after his subdued intro.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 29, 2010 12:43:01 AM

11. Did anyone else notice Hasselback congratulating Mapa on his marriage? o_O

Posted by: Mike B. | Jul 29, 2010 2:22:53 AM

12. i like it

Posted by: cookienihui | Jul 29, 2010 4:00:20 AM

13. I strongly recommend ______ i n t e r r a c i a l l o v i n g * C o m ______ to you where I just found my black boyfriend! You know it is a great place to meet interracial singles, black or white men can meet some black or white women here. What's kind of relationship do you want?

Posted by: cookienihui | Jul 29, 2010 4:06:10 AM

14. Anyone noticed when he first came up he greeted all with a kiss and a hug but only gave Hasselbitch a slight handshake?

Posted by: CARIBTONY | Jul 29, 2010 12:17:55 PM

15. Andy you should show the videos of the cute editor-in-chief guy from M-W.

Posted by: Rob | Jul 29, 2010 1:01:57 PM

16. That was a solid, solid interview from Alex! Love him!

And I don't think I've ever will ever need to pluralise octopus. Still, that was a very fun and informative video.

Posted by: James | Jul 29, 2010 1:42:45 PM