Towleroad Guide to the Tube #704

INCEPTION: "The main musical cue in Hans Zimmer’s Inception score is actually a slowed-down version of Edith Piaf’s 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.'"

ALEX MAPA: His recent appearance on The View.

THE RUSSIAN BIRD: News anchor flips off producer after being cut off.

PLURAL OF OCTOPUS: Just to be clear.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. says

I don’t get the INCEPTION video…I thought the fact that it was Piaf was not masked. In fact, every time I heard it, I was annoyed because it reminded me that Cotillard played her and took me out of the movie. (And parts of the movie were very SHUTTER ISLAND in tone and plot, another distraction.) Or was I just…dreaming…?

2. Asher says

Matthew, you’re dreaming–you might even be dreaming inside a dream. And don’t try to find flaws in Chris Nolan’s films. They simply don’t exist.

3. PC says

I think more notable re: INCEPTION is that much of the score is simply a rehash of Zimmer’s score for PEARL HARBOR. (Which, who knows, was maybe a rehash of something else he did earlier…)

4. says

My Russian’s not good enough to catch what was going on on the news program, but it was something about Ukraine and Moldova. Anyone else get more? I loved the anchor’s intense animation after his subdued intro.

5. cookienihui says

I strongly recommend ______ i n t e r r a c i a l l o v i n g * C o m ______ to you where I just found my black boyfriend! You know it is a great place to meet interracial singles, black or white men can meet some black or white women here. What’s kind of relationship do you want?

6. James says

That was a solid, solid interview from Alex! Love him!

And I don’t think I’ve ever will ever need to pluralise octopus. Still, that was a very fun and informative video.