About the Banner | News | towleroad

BigGayDeal.com

About the Banner #41, #42

Towleroad183

For explanations of the photos behind our most recent banners, click HERE...

Towleroad177

Banner1

Those of you who have been to Provincetown might recognize the most recent banner as the collaged wallpaper in one of the bar's bathrooms. Click to enlarge.

And I shot the photo in the banner before that on a chilly, wet day on Fire Island. Click to enlarge.

Both banners had their proportions constrained from the original images, and that's why they appear slightly off.

For more, "About the Banners", click HERE.

Banner2

Comments

1. Andy: I am so glad you're putting the banner info back up! Thank you.

Posted by: JT - the original | Aug 21, 2010 7:40:39 PM

2. the restroom banner is evocative and well cropped. as to the ivy on the blanched fence, it suggests pristine life in its green and red vitality struggling against the odds and the worms that eat out the life force. "oh, WORM, thou are sick..." i've taken some poetic license. ok. i'll stop now. you have a good eye, andy.

Posted by: nic | Aug 21, 2010 9:01:17 PM

3. Thanks for posting info on the banners. I have been very curious about the collaged one since it was put up. Much appreciated.

Posted by: SKB | Aug 21, 2010 10:49:28 PM

4. Thanks for the information. Your banners always make me feel I'm going somewhere interesting. . .yet, remind me of where I've been. (Look forward to the next one.)

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 22, 2010 12:02:02 PM

5. Current Banner is, by far, your most beautiful.

Posted by: Marcito | Aug 22, 2010 1:26:40 PM

6. Thanks for the information about the banners, I really do enjoy reading about where they came from.

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 22, 2010 3:58:54 PM

7. It looks like my old home at 410 Ocean Walk!

Posted by: ken | Aug 22, 2010 8:00:33 PM

8. I thought I was the only dweeb that appreciated the banners. They are just an added bonus to your wonderful site. thanks.

Posted by: ruben | Aug 22, 2010 10:54:10 PM

9. I loved the "restroom" banner! One of the best ever!

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 23, 2010 2:46:49 PM