Andy Cohen | New Jersey | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Andy Cohen on Being Bullied by NJ Housewife: 'I Should Have Gotten Hazard Pay for This One'

Njhousewives

Bravo's Andy Cohen talks with The Hollywood Reporter about how he wrangles the housewives for his various reality shows, talking specifically about the physicality of tonight's NJ Housewives Reunion:

"If there would ever be a situation where someone was in jeopardy of physical harm, production would ensure that it didn't get to that level. We don't want anyone to feel threatened. On [tonight's] reunion episode, there is a moment where I'm actually concerned. We've had two situations where someone has gotten out of their seat in a threatening way. And in this case, I thought, 'OK, I have to intervene.' And just watch what happens when I try to get between Teresa and Danielle...The New Jersey reunion is the best one we've done. It's the icing on the cake of two intense seasons. The last 10 minutes of Part 2 is totally under wraps, but it's the party that will really have people talking -- even beyond me being thrown around like a rag doll by ['RHNJ' star] Teresa [Giudice]. I get a first-hand account of how strong she is...She did [throw me down]! The tweets I'm getting are hilarious. People are saying, 'How could you let her push you?' and 'Andy, are you hurt?' I should have gotten hazard pay for this one."

Preview here.

Comments

1. Staged reality BS is not newsworthy.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 30, 2010 10:39:37 AM

2. Not newsworthy, not interesting, and frankly damaging -- as harmful a distraction as G. Beck and his ilk. Framing our discourse as a nation is the responsibility, at least partially, of the media. Don't you agree?

Posted by: Chad | Aug 30, 2010 11:05:13 AM

3. I used to think Andy Cohen was so adorable in pictures, but then I happened to watch one of his "Watch What Happens" segments on Bravo, and I thought he was one of the biggest tools I had ever seen.

Posted by: Austin | Aug 30, 2010 11:30:07 AM

4. Classy all the way!

This is a good example of why money has absolutely NOTHING to do with class...

Posted by: CARIBTONY | Aug 30, 2010 12:31:45 PM

5. He and Bravo should be totally ashamed for putting this type of trash on the air over and over again and making these types any kind of celebrity. And we all wonder why bad behavior keeps getting rewarded. Jersey Shore come to mind as well.

Posted by: Rann | Aug 30, 2010 2:44:27 PM

6. Posted by: Austin | Aug 30, 2010 11:30:07 AM

...I happened to watch one of his "Watch What Happens" segments on Bravo, and I thought he was one of the biggest tools I had ever seen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And don't foget his freaking fakeness! He tries to act coy and innocent but he is as convincing as Parasite Hilton is with her baby talk. Queen, please! You better quit tryin' to sell it cause no one is buyin that shit, 'kay!

Posted by: Hoity Toity | Aug 31, 2010 2:03:50 AM