Crime | George Michael | News

BigGayDeal.com

George Michael Charged with Marijuana Possession, Unfit Driving

George Michael reported to a police station in north Camden, London on Thursday where he was charged with possession of marijuana and driving under intoxication for an incident that occurred on July 4:

Michael "Michael was arrested on 4 July in Hampstead, north London, after he allegedly crashed his car into a branch of photographic shop Snappy Snaps."

NewsCore reports:

"He was reportedly traveling back from a gay pride march in central London... Michael was ordered to appear before Highbury magistrates court on Aug. 24. The store manager, Jun Mustafa, said at the time of the crash: 'You’re looking at a new shop front definitely -- it was quite badly damaged.' The star ended a two-year driving ban last year after he was found slumped at the wheel of his car in May 2007 'unfit to drive through drugs.' He was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs in Berkshire, southeast England in August 2009, but was later released without charge."

Comments

1. hot mess!

Posted by: Sam | Aug 12, 2010 9:53:06 AM

2. OMG! Doesn't he have th money to HIRE someone to drive him around? Leave the greens at home George!

Posted by: Zo | Aug 12, 2010 9:55:30 AM

3. So much for the Glee epi.

Posted by: Tone | Aug 12, 2010 9:57:01 AM

4. old news. give the man a break. he needs an intervention, though... elton, where are you?

Posted by: daftpunkydavid | Aug 12, 2010 10:08:35 AM

5. He has ruined his looks.

Posted by: Grant | Aug 12, 2010 10:09:14 AM

6. Again?

Posted by: ronnykmarshall | Aug 12, 2010 10:09:49 AM

7. Well that's a Snappy Snap if I ever saw one.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 12, 2010 10:14:13 AM

8. He Is such a STAIN on Gay Society...

Posted by: cheekiey | Aug 12, 2010 10:31:31 AM

9. oh leave him alone he's just being a stupid London party boy - we have loads of them here, althogh his appearance at my local court on 24th might be fun...

Posted by: arch | Aug 12, 2010 11:43:25 AM

10. It's all fun until he runs over someone and kills them. He really should never be allowed to drive again.

Maybe it's me, but I always though learning to drink without getting messy was part of the growing up process. Might that also apply to herbal refreshments? Why not toke up at home, and take a cab to wherever you're going?

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 12, 2010 11:54:49 AM

11. What a pic! His hot jeans in Faith video were one of the very first things I rememeber as a very young guy that I couldn't stop looking at and feeling kind of weird. And looking at him now - those jeans wouldn't look the same today.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 12, 2010 12:22:31 PM

12. "Why not toke up at home, and take a cab to wherever you're going?"

Said by me and countless others while high: "I can handle it, maaaan, it's not like I'm drunk or anything, I'll just be more cautious". And then I'd drive 10 MPH under the speed limit, as if that wasn't a red flag either.....

It's a miracle I didn't hurt or kill anyone, I haven't driven while chemically altered since the late 80's.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 12, 2010 12:46:30 PM

13. Anybody think it's time to do an intervention on George Michael? I mean, how many times has he been nicked for DWI? It's only a matter of time before he either kills himself or someone else or both in a driving accident. George, honey, get it together! You're rich enough to hire a chauffeur.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 12, 2010 2:39:58 PM

14. Is he still with Kenny Goss?

Posted by: kim | Aug 12, 2010 2:57:27 PM

15. Driving under the influence of drink and drugs is illegal!I think the people should improve their legal consciousness.

Posted by: Juicycouturejewelry | Aug 19, 2010 9:34:35 PM

16. Sad, he's so brilliant.....musically, at least.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 20, 2010 10:45:38 PM