Barbra Streisand | Jennifer Aniston | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jennifer Aniston Tries on Barbra Streisand for Harper's Bazaar

Aniston

With limited success...

Comments

1. I like it, but it would have been more convincing with her old nose... ; )

Posted by: stephen | Aug 4, 2010 10:42:26 AM

2. Overreach. They should have just redone the "What's Up, Doc?" shots and left it at that.

Aniston can almost pull off those looks.

Posted by: 24play | Aug 4, 2010 10:54:49 AM

3. I do NOT like it at all. What's the point? It is obvious she lacks (totally) Barbra's attitude. There is no charisma, strengh, power in these pics. No point at all.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 4, 2010 10:57:43 AM

4. They are OK, but she really needs a prosthetic nose to pull it off.

Posted by: Craig | Aug 4, 2010 11:01:29 AM

5. Aniston is attractive, but has NONE of Streisands gravitas..Especially in the photo remakes here of the early years... I'm not feeling it.

Posted by: greg | Aug 4, 2010 11:03:01 AM

6. This succeeds completely... at proving just how brilliant and impeccable Barbra actually was at handling her own unique aesthetic appeal. Aniston, an obviously more conventional beauty, fails utterly. It's an embarrassment.

Posted by: rascal | Aug 4, 2010 11:12:48 AM

7. so a woman who remade her nose to appeal to a conventional concept of beauty is trying to pass as a woman who stood her ground and became famous for NOT changing her nose. WTF? I think Gaga wouldve been a better Barbra. Her looks are unconventional, the gays love her and she's her own woman.

Posted by: dizzy spins | Aug 4, 2010 11:19:26 AM

8. All success is always limited.

Posted by: Anon | Aug 4, 2010 11:28:21 AM

9. would've been better with her old nose, but i think she pulls it off well. i almost did a double-take with the cover picture.

Posted by: Larson | Aug 4, 2010 11:29:03 AM

10. Cover picture is better than inside shot but distracting nose is distracting.

Posted by: unruly | Aug 4, 2010 11:34:14 AM

11. As an homage, I like it.

Posted by: GeoffM | Aug 4, 2010 11:41:13 AM

12. I'm so tired of Jennifer Peniston! She's not hot and she has no talent. Why do people like her?

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 4, 2010 11:41:34 AM

13. There have been many times when I have glanced Jennifer Aniston on the cover of magazines and have had to do a double-take because I thought it was Barbra. I think she looks less like Barbra here than when she wasn't doing it intentionally. No, she doesn't have Barbra's je ne sais quoi; but, I think it's cool nonetheless. And it's okay to pay tribute to someone even if it is not a perfect likeness.

Posted by: Jeff in NC | Aug 4, 2010 11:42:55 AM

14. I think it's a beautiful photo.

Posted by: Jedd | Aug 4, 2010 11:49:21 AM

15. Dizzy Spins makes a good point, but I like the photos. And I DID do a double-take on the cover. As far as Jack M's question, as a film actress she hasn't offered anything but serviceable rom-com's. However, as a TV actress, she has been an adept comedienne. And, somehow, people have confused her small screen abilities with whatever she does on film. It's easy to tear her down as talentless, because she's conventionally pretty to most, she can't sing or dance and she hasn't displayed any major dramatic talent. But, the fact of the matter is, for whatever reason, she can open a film. And that's rare for a female actor, as well as any actor these days. So, it's not like she doesn't earn her keep in Hollywood.

Posted by: Vince in WeHo | Aug 4, 2010 12:12:17 PM

16. Color me Nauseous.

Posted by: DeeVee | Aug 4, 2010 12:23:01 PM

17. I love both women and frankly they both pull off the looks in my opinion.

Posted by: jp | Aug 4, 2010 12:23:05 PM

18. this is a long time coming -- it would be a great bio pic -- with someone to sing her vocal parts -- a better photog/DP would have worked out the problems here (some are styling) --- I think people want a Barbra bio pic -- but not directed by her and hopefully with a long legal battle (which is why most producers have stayed away from it) -- might need to wait til BS is planted!

Posted by: David B. 2 | Aug 4, 2010 12:26:21 PM

19. "Like Margarine"

Posted by: Michael Stone | Aug 4, 2010 12:56:48 PM

20. I'll probably be in the minority here, but I like Jennifer Aniston

I think the cover shot is the better of the two - I like it

Posted by: neverstops | Aug 4, 2010 1:07:15 PM

21. She looks like Arlene Martel from the 'Star Trek' episode, "Amok Time".
    She was Spock's pon farr mate.

Posted by: Rodney | Aug 4, 2010 1:09:52 PM

22. I have often thought that J.Ann resembled Barbra; mainly in the piercing blue eyes, but with more delicate features. Although, there will and can only be one Streisand!

Posted by: james Brown | Aug 4, 2010 1:13:35 PM

23. I actually was waiting for GaGa to recreate these photos. Looks like Aniston beat her to it.

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 4, 2010 2:03:43 PM

24. LOVE the pics! Jennifer Aniston rocks. I love her (even if she is an uber bitch).

Posted by: JohnnyP | Aug 4, 2010 2:16:24 PM

25. there is something so appealing about jennifer aniston. i'm sorry, but her delivery of certain lines in 'friends' is still too good to this day. her "rachel" is as good as meryl streep's "miranda priestly". and yes, she can open a film -- that's a big deal in and of itself.

Posted by: shanesoho | Aug 4, 2010 3:04:49 PM