Katy Perry | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: California Gays Show You Katy Perry's 'Peacock'

Peacock

Ryan James Yezak and the boys behind 'California Gays' are back, showing off to Katy Perry's 'Peacock'.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. See your peacock? Taste it, or sit on it is more like it...Stop playing Katy, this peacock isn't just to look at babe...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Aug 30, 2010 2:58:44 PM

2. That's the worst song I've ever heard.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 30, 2010 3:10:56 PM

3. No. Please. Stop enabling this lip-synching to pop songs by gay boys. This needs to stop.

I get it. They can edit video. They have a flair for choreography. Apparently they also have a budget.

But is this not the most narcissistic form of mental masturbation you have ever seen? Seriously. Seriously.

Watch it again.

Do we really need to spread awareness about this video's existence?

*twirl*

Posted by: JonBenet | Aug 30, 2010 3:10:56 PM

4. Yuckers. The california gays one was funny. Now they are taking themselves too seriously. Embarrassing.

Posted by: Stephen | Aug 30, 2010 3:20:09 PM

5. If there was ever a moment when PETA could redeem itself, now is the time.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 30, 2010 3:26:35 PM

6. Please Please Please stop posting these videos as they are an embarrassment to our cause. These guys are unattractive, untalented, and uncreative. Instead of spending hours and a few bucks on these videos, why don't they donate the time and money to charity?

Posted by: Don | Aug 30, 2010 3:36:38 PM

7. @JonBenet... Instead of narcissistic, I'd call it a cool example of people using the internet to make a little art. Is it a masterwork? No. Is the song genius? No. But it's fun and creative and clearly made by talented people. If they have the skills to made a good music video---and clearly, they do---then why shouldn't they put those skills to use?

Posted by: Midtowner | Aug 30, 2010 3:39:56 PM

8. Andy, usually I shake my head at the "why are you posting THAT" comments because for one, this is your blog and for two, even when you post less relevant topics like pictures of hot guys or the new gaga video, at least it actually has some relevance to being gay (gaga because of her amazing support and hot guys because, well, they're hot guys and our very sexuality is a relevant topic).

But this? Really? Even if you personally find it cute or whatever, what's the point of posting it? Especially when it affirms -- on a gay, majorly political site nonetheless -- everything the people who hate us give keynote speeches at political conventions on?

I'm no prude by any means, and I understand posting the 'cute' videos (like Jane Lynch winning her Emmy last night), but why give this publicity on a gay site that's mainly about our global victories and injustices, all the while finding ways to sustain and overcome them respectively? I think Perez Hilton could take care of this.

It just doesn't make any sense to me but like I said, it's your site.

Posted by: Cory | Aug 30, 2010 3:54:53 PM

9. Wow. I couldn't get past 22 seconds.

Posted by: phredd! | Aug 30, 2010 4:32:01 PM

10. I agree with @midtowner, they have put a good deal of time and energy into this... is it the best song - well no, hello... but is it a pretty well done video, yes. It's just there for entertainment, if you don't like it... don't watch it. Seriously people... geesh.

Posted by: Nuttsy1la | Aug 30, 2010 4:35:24 PM

11. THIS is what's considered news worthy?
    It's poop culture that shouldn't be seen outside of a local house party.

But to promote it on Towleroad??????

Posted by: Pete | Aug 30, 2010 4:55:51 PM

12. I think viral videos with lower production values are better. IMHO

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 30, 2010 5:20:21 PM

13. THEY ARE GETTIN' SO SO SOOOOO DAMN GOOD AT THESE!!! <3

Christian Beasley better be gettin' paid gooood for lending his choreographic talents to these... and hope he gets "discovered" for some legit pop artists too. PS: Alexander is dreamy and loving the black paint smearing scenes!

WORK!!! LADIES, WORK!!!

Posted by: Eugene | Aug 30, 2010 5:36:03 PM

14. Wow... I love Katy Perry. I hate that song though, but I hate this video even more. Yes, as echoed by the many before me, let's stop making these videos.

Posted by: pharmerandy | Aug 30, 2010 5:59:16 PM

15. I thought it was hilarious and well done. Keep them coming!

Posted by: Frank | Aug 30, 2010 6:03:26 PM

16. That was good fun. You bitchy queens need to get off your high horse. Yes there are gay men who are still singing pop songs and show tunes and dancing the night away. GASP. There is room in this rainbow for everyone and there is no reason for us to conform to the rest of society just because we should look "normal."

Posted by: Steve | Aug 30, 2010 6:16:21 PM

17. Not only did I throw up in my mouth but also on my desktop. This video is full of pure fail.

Posted by: Casey | Aug 30, 2010 6:45:54 PM

18. As with the "California Gays" video, reading some of the negative comments here is disgusting. Do you really not see how this is just as worthy of being on a gay blog as a shirtless photo of some straight actor? Or do you honestly think this is repulsive?

These are the guys at greater risk of getting gay bashed, the ones who are obviously gay, and not the hunky, masculine ones who can pass and everyone lusts after. I'd rather see 10 videos of these guys seminaked, prancing around and lipsynching to a stupid pop song, than a single news report of one of them getting gay bashed, when everyone would say "that's horrible, that's so despicable, that poor guy"... is it because only then would these guys be worthy of being on this blog?

f-ing disgusting (and I'm not talking about the video).

Posted by: RAK | Aug 30, 2010 6:58:22 PM

19. Keep em coming Andy, they're fun to watch and very harmless.

Posted by: John Simpson | Aug 30, 2010 7:02:48 PM

20. whoever said they shouldn't do this and instead give to charity is an idiot. these 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. heaven forbid they do something that they obviously enjoy. eesh

Posted by: James | Aug 30, 2010 8:07:42 PM

21. I dunno where all the hate is coming from. I thought it was a fun lol (although maybe be a bit serious sometimes but at least they put effort into it lol). I don't get it, "normal" people make stupid videos all the time why can't we?

Posted by: JJ | Aug 30, 2010 9:26:28 PM

22. Sadly I think the popularity of their California Girls video got to their heads... this video loses all of the charm of the first one. Instead of making a fun parody video they've tried to make a real MTV video... except with below average dance skills... and sadly not a single one of these guys is even slightly attractive in a masculine way. FAIL.

Posted by: Robert Ahrens | Aug 30, 2010 10:00:26 PM

23. Not near as good as they're last one.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 30, 2010 10:44:51 PM