Awards | Jane Lynch | News | Television

Watch: Jane Lynch Thanks Her Wife at the Emmys

Lynch

Can any of you with encyclopedic knowledge of the Emmys tell us if a female winner has thanked her wife before? In any case, a well-deserved win for Sue Sylvester.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I love that woman. Great intro voice-over while she walks on stage.

Posted by: Dallas | Aug 30, 2010 8:17:06 AM

2. Guess what? You don't have to put WIFE in quotation marks -- they're legally married. Lara is Jane's wife, not "wife."

Posted by: Doug Chgo | Aug 30, 2010 8:37:05 AM

3. Waaaay cool. And it was so much better that the wife thank you wasn't a political statement rather a statement about Jane Lynch and her family. Tickled.

Posted by: Mike in Asheville | Aug 30, 2010 8:38:13 AM

4. Classily Done, Jane!

Posted by: clint | Aug 30, 2010 8:48:00 AM

5. She's awesome! Always makes me smile to see her.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 30, 2010 8:50:19 AM

6. Thank you for allowing us to view your very nice post.

Posted by: gay chat | Aug 30, 2010 9:00:29 AM

7. WOW! Jane just might have been the most beautiful woman at the Emmy's! Her wife is sure one lucky woman to have this wonderful person in her life. Congratulations Jane!

Posted by: ThomT | Aug 30, 2010 9:28:11 AM

8. Rosie thanked her partner who later became her wife, I think that is it. (Could be wrong.)

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 30, 2010 10:09:43 AM

9. Ellen and Jodie Foster have both thanked their significant others at awards shows, but I don't believe either referred to them as their "wife." And yes, I used quotation marks because I'm signifying something someone else would have said and that is their purpose (for you uptight nancies who have to try to criticize everything).

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 30, 2010 10:31:07 AM

10. Oh. Cynthia Nixon also thanked her partner, though again, I don't think she referred to her as "wife."

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 30, 2010 10:33:42 AM

11. Dearbhla Walsh, the director of Little Dorrit, thanked her wife when she won last year.

Posted by: Erik | Aug 30, 2010 10:44:21 AM

12. Except Dearbhla Walsh referred to her as her "partner." I think Andy's point here was not referencing a gay lover, which obviously has been done before, but referencing a spouse as "wife."

Which again, was why he likely had that word in quotation marks earlier. And now that he's removed them because some people criticize when they have no idea what they are talking about, it has lost that meaning.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 30, 2010 11:24:45 AM

13. HUGE difference between "wife" and "partner"!

(how 'bout it ryan murphy--next stop iowa or the northeast?)

Posted by: r | Aug 30, 2010 11:34:36 AM

14. I love how she bolts up on stage like a freight train. Awesome energy.

Posted by: Billy | Aug 30, 2010 11:35:14 AM

15. After all these years playing small parts it's great to see her get this kind of role and recognition.

Posted by: rb | Aug 30, 2010 12:51:55 PM

16. Jim Parsons also thanked his (rumored) partner, Todd Spiewak.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 30, 2010 1:46:03 PM

17. I'm so happy for her... I'm not sure I'd watch Glee if it wasn't for her and her character. Although Glee and The Daily Show are just about the only two television shows I watch and can't speak for the other actresses nominated... I do believe that Jane deserved to be recognized as the talent she is.

Posted by: aleabeth | Aug 30, 2010 3:11:29 PM