News | Steven Slater

Watch: JetBlue Flight Attendant Steven Slater's First Interview

Steven_slater

After posting $2500 bail last night, Steven Slater walked free from jail, answering a few questions about his scar, the support he's received, if he's going to lose his job, if he cares, rude passengers, and what he plans to do when he gets home.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'll give him a bath

Posted by: BaoPhac Do | Aug 11, 2010 9:43:31 AM

2. He's a badass.

Posted by: BObby | Aug 11, 2010 9:52:29 AM

3. love him!

Posted by: DruggyBear | Aug 11, 2010 9:59:06 AM

4. after 35 years of dealing with customers i say it is about time. i only wish i had the balls to tell a couple of customers to fuck
    off. the public is actually pretty rude to people in service industries. if you don't think so just listen to the way people talk to the waiters at your local resturants.

Posted by: walter | Aug 11, 2010 10:03:26 AM

5. that guy is a stone cold pimp. And he's from my hometown. Win!

Posted by: Seamus | Aug 11, 2010 10:17:45 AM

6. i love the attention he's getting. a fun distraction.

Posted by: jgm22 | Aug 11, 2010 10:37:07 AM

7. I love this guy! Team Slater, baby! (Also note that he buckles up for safety.)

Posted by: RobbyRob | Aug 11, 2010 11:03:36 AM

8. He's kind of a douche.

Posted by: David | Aug 11, 2010 11:04:28 AM

9. Only a New Yorker! Only a New Yorker! AWESOME!

Posted by: dancobmd | Aug 11, 2010 11:05:35 AM

10. Who's the passenger who set him off - and cursed at him? I want her/his name. Why aren't they being pursued by the press?

Posted by: Steve | Aug 11, 2010 11:08:43 AM

11. I say he should star in "The Paul Lynde Story." he's got the sass.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 11, 2010 11:11:49 AM

12. @David Ehrenstein: That was the best call of the year. Nicely done.

Posted by: Jon B | Aug 11, 2010 12:06:56 PM

13. Hey, Steven Slater, come closer [PIMP SMACK]
    Oh, did that hurt? Good! [PIMP SMACK]
    Think you're a hero of the working stiff, do you? [PIMP SMACK]
    Well what about the co-workers your smirking, smug ass left behind to deal with your bullshit, huh? What about them? [really hard PIMP SMACK]

I don't wish a violent death on anyone, but I might make the exception for this dickhead. I've had to clean up the messes twats like him leave behind and it's not fun.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 11, 2010 12:13:19 PM

14. He actually doesn't think he's a hero of the working class. The working class anointed him themselves. That's how these things work. And for the record, his coworkers and thousands of FAs are all behind him.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 11, 2010 12:22:57 PM

15. @HENRY HOLLAND: You sound like maybe you're just bitter because you didn't have the balls to quit too.

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Aug 11, 2010 12:25:52 PM

16. Mr. Slater handled the press with aplomb and he kept his cool (this time). Hey, one of my buddies is a flight attendant and he's always telling us horror stories about passengers on his flight. He says that the biggest assholes are always the ones who jump up out of their seats before the plane has stopped taxiing to the exit bay. Somebody ought to track down the cunt who hit Mr. Slater on the head with her bag. He should bring assault charges against her and then sue her ass to hell and back.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 11, 2010 12:30:25 PM

17. His fifteen minutes won't end fast enough.

Posted by: DR | Aug 11, 2010 12:34:50 PM

18. @Henry

If you're constantly dealing with incidents like this, maybe it's time you reconsidered your place of employment.

Posted by: Dan | Aug 11, 2010 12:35:03 PM

19. "@HENRY HOLLAND: You sound like maybe you're just bitter because you didn't have the balls to quit too"

Why would I want to quit a job where I make $40,000/year for basically answering phones and doing light filing, my boss is super nice, our office is plush and the boss man does things like give me $100 tickets to the Hollywood Bowl for nothing?

It's just I've had to deal with the mess that people like this cockhead leave behind at other jobs. Sure, his co-workers might have approved, I know flight attendants (ie my boss' girlfriend) and it's a shitty job, so that makes sense, but not all of us work shitty jobs. We DO however work with shitty people who instead of quitting like normal humans do --two week notice/on Friday/at the end of the day-- act like they're fucking divas and WE have to deal with our job equivalent of irate passengers while dickhead takes a slide and has a few beers.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 11, 2010 12:50:16 PM

20. Good gawd, I hate people like Henry Holland who are anti-fun. Maybe he and Dickless David can get together and fingerbang each other until one of them cracks a smile.

Posted by: asdf | Aug 11, 2010 1:03:49 PM

21. "Good gawd, I hate people like Henry Holland who are anti-fun"

Hey, ASDF, let me know where you work. I want to come by and take a shit, drink a few beers and then piss on your work area and then if you try to stop me, beat you with a hockey stick until you piss blood. As they're carting you off to the ER, I'm just CERTAIN that your co-workers will *love* cleaning up the mess you made. Yes, YOU MADE, because hey, I was just having some fun at your expense.

/Obviously, I don't want to beat ASDF until he pisses blood, that would be rude

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 11, 2010 1:18:30 PM

22. He sounds unbalanced to me. I mean most of us have worked in the service industry and get treated like crap...not all of us are pulling emergency slides out of an airplane and leaping out like Wonder Woman after cursing everyone on the plane. It makes for a great visual, but he's certainly no hero for not being able to do his job.

Posted by: Caleb | Aug 11, 2010 1:20:13 PM

23. What are you rambling about, you silly queen? Steven Slater did none of those things! That makes no sense at all. Keep being a hateful faggot! Cliche looks lovely on you.

Posted by: asdf | Aug 11, 2010 1:24:14 PM

24. Well it's good that his boyfriend worked the ho stroll up in the South Bronx and came up with the $250.00 to slip-n-slide him outta jail on a Jet Blue chute. Now maybe they can finish what they started when Steven came home yesterday!

TEAM SLATER!

Posted by: Stephen | Aug 11, 2010 1:53:09 PM

25. he seems like a vile queen - and 40 year olds in army print shorts -- tired

with his attitude I would like to toss a suitcase at him myself --- the worst of gay affectations all wrapped up into one common prick

Affection = Behavior or speech, that is artificial and designed to impress

Posted by: tonyx | Aug 11, 2010 1:58:51 PM