About the Banner | News | towleroad

About the Banner #43

Bannerjul

Decided to go with something a little more simple with the last banner. Just a vine on the side of a fence that caught my eye. Missing summer already.

Original (iPhone) shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

For more about our past banners, click HERE.

Vine

Comments

1. Andy, I for one love and appreciate the banners. The shots are always fabulously tasteful. As someone that's changed the look of my site about a gillion times, including the banner, I find that it keeps visitors on their toes. It also shows an appreciation for the aesthetics and that you have an appreciation for art and design.

Well done!

Posted by: Keith | Sep 8, 2010 9:27:32 PM

2. Looks like a virginia creeper. It's a relative of the grape, but very toxic. It looks so New England, where was this taken?

Posted by: Jesus | Sep 8, 2010 9:33:40 PM

3. The banners are usually wonderful, and I loved the vine one in particular. I urge you to use images that lend themselves to such thin horizontality. Yes, I made up that word.

So what's with the current image? The stretch and squeeze is too apparent when dealing with human figures. I hope this one is changed out real soon.

Posted by: Zlick | Sep 8, 2010 9:43:26 PM

4. I've loved the vine! It's your best banner ever.

Posted by: Kyle27 | Sep 8, 2010 10:19:41 PM

5. I thought the vine was lovely in its simplicity, mostly because of your sense of composition. The angle of growth playing with the shadow and light. It was making me itch a little bit,though, because I am plant nut and knew that the leaves were not oriented towards the sun as they should be and that the photo had been realigned from vertical to horizontal.

My favorite banner without a doubt was that beautiful blue moray eel. Did you ever comment on that banner? If so, I missed it. Thank you for all the hard work you put in to your blog, Andy. It's my favorite, by far.

Posted by: KEW | Sep 8, 2010 11:14:47 PM

6. I also loved the vine and have enjoyed and appreciated every banner. The vine was serene and comforting, as I read your blog at night just before going to sleep after a long day.

Posted by: robin covey | Sep 9, 2010 12:05:25 AM

7. The vine was really nice, but I love the new banner. Every time I look at it I will remember being on that ferry and the feeling you get as New York gets farther and farther away and Fire Island gets closer and closer.

Posted by: MT | Sep 9, 2010 9:34:12 AM

8. The vine IS a Virginia Creeper. They do make beautiful wall-coverings, and are quite hearty. Get a picture of it in the Fall when it changes color. It's attractive then, too.

Posted by: Bill | Sep 9, 2010 2:00:03 PM

9. #40 #40 #40 #40 #40 #40!!!!!!! WHO'S THE SEXY READER??? Stop teasing us!

Posted by: K | Sep 9, 2010 5:21:52 PM