Kiss | New Jersey | News

Watch: Gay Men Interviewed After Locking Lips for 33 Hours in Record-Breaking World's Longest Kiss

1_kiss

If you tuned in to Towleroad yesterday, you may have seen the livestream of Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello's attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the longest kiss, which took place over the weekend and ended yesterday evening at the College of New Jersey.

4_kiss They did it, but the attempt needs to be reviewed and certified. the old record stood at 32 hours, 7 minutes, 14 seconds.

Here are the final moments of the kiss and an interview with Matty and Bobby, who are "friends" and not a couple, and say they did it to raise awareness about homophobia and increase acceptance of LGBT people. No gay couple has ever held the record.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_kiss

Comments

1. Can't get the vid but I think it's great that two gay-friendly guys are out there....
    congratulations !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 20, 2010 9:51:04 AM

2. i cant see the vid!

dat breaks mah heart.

Posted by: brentcreelman | Sep 20, 2010 9:59:23 AM

3. Such a profound act for LGBT equality.

And they all have such wonderfully straight, white teeth...or at least the ones interviewed.

Posted by: veg | Sep 20, 2010 10:21:48 AM

4. Wow, that's nice. Their mouths must have hurt afterwards.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Sep 20, 2010 10:22:54 AM

5. Very cool.

Posted by: rob | Sep 20, 2010 10:35:58 AM

6. Congratulations to them both. Every act of defiance liberates us a little more.

Posted by: Tone | Sep 20, 2010 10:43:10 AM

7. Bobby and Matty seem really adorable and I love their humility over how wide the word spread. What really pleased me was the crowd of gentle people, straight and gay, around them cheering them on. I was watching the live feed, anxious that some nut would turn up and cause trouble, but The College of New Jersey seems to be a cool campus. That alone gives me a great deal of hope for the future. Well done, boys! And well done everyone involved.

Posted by: Greg | Sep 20, 2010 10:47:22 AM

8. Powerfully done, fantastic message, and spoken with a tender love for all.
    Thanks guys

Posted by: brent | Sep 20, 2010 11:24:46 AM

9. I love the way one guy pushed the other guy off.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 20, 2010 11:35:56 AM

10. I can't imagine how sore they must have been afterward. A friend of mine was high on Ecstasy once and made out with a guy on the dance floor for 6 hours. His lips were REALLY raw and puffy the next day.

Cute concept though. Nice idea to raise awareness.

Posted by: ATLJason | Sep 20, 2010 12:03:58 PM

11. Congrats boys. You are just adorable...and yeah for your collge mates who are soo cool.

Craig/Houston

Posted by: Craig | Sep 20, 2010 12:16:36 PM

12. I just wonder if they are still friends? I hope they have a wonderful friendship that last a lifetime.

Posted by: bsmart2 | Sep 20, 2010 1:21:45 PM

13. I don't know about everyone else, but I am on tenterhooks here waiting to find out if these guys are considered by Tank to be cute enough for their effort to have merit.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 22, 2010 6:43:30 PM

14. It was quite wonderful to see it live as it was happening. I watched for about 4 hours to the end as it spread around the internet across the world! GREAT JOB! Equality TODAY! #NOH8

Posted by: Paul Leary | Sep 23, 2010 2:48:54 PM