Leading Gay Russian Activist Nikolai Alekseev Safe in Moscow, Says He Was Harassed, Drugged by Captors

Leading Russian gay activist Nikolai Alekseev is safely back in Moscow, and has written an account of his harrowing abduction by captors thought to be with Russia's secret police. Alekseev says the captors harassed, threatened, and possibly drugged him.

Alexeyev Early Saturday morning Alekseev left the following message on Facebook:

"My dear friends, I just entered Moscow. Thank you to all of you for support. All I want now is to brush my teeth and to shave. I will try to describe all that happened tonight! I never thought so many people care for me, it brings tears to my eyes."

Alekseev has written the personal account of his abduction HERE (translated via Google).

Radio Free Europe reports:

"A spokeswoman for the airport told Russian news agencies that Alekseyev was detained after refusing to take off his shoes at the security check. The activist rejects this account and claims airport security officials arbitrarily detained him for two hours before handing him over to a group of unidentified men in plainclothes. He told RFE/RL that he was then driven to a police station in Kashira, a small town some 100 kilometers south of Moscow, where he spent the next two days."

In his personal account, Alekseev notes that he discovered his location by using an iPad, which the authorities had not taken from him.

Radio Free Europe continues:

"[In Kashira], he says he was threatened, harassed, and possibly drugged. 'The first night, I slept on a chair and a table. I spent the second night on a kind of banquette. They gave me water, but I think it was laced with something because my reactions were very slow and I felt completely disoriented. I was given very simple food like biscuits,' Alekseyev says. Conflicting reports had emerged in the wake of Alekseyev's mysterious disappearance. While the activist did not respond to repeated calls to his mobile telephone, news agencies said they had received text messages from him saying he had been taken to Belarus and intended to seek political asylum there. Alekseyev denies such intentions and says the text messages were sent by his captors from his confiscated telephone."

During his abduction, Alekseev was pressured to withdraw a complaint he had filed with the European Court of Human Rights over Moscow's banning of Gay Pride parades.

Comments

1. Алёша says

No, it’s not, TANaKh. You just hate Russia for taking its wealth back from Jewish criminal oligarchs like Khodorkovsky. Wasn’t the revolutionary genocide of 1917-1939 enough to satisfy your kosher blood lust? This isn’t a gay issue at all, as Russia will have its own Stonewalls, DADT controversies and a mixture of progress and stonewalling.

2. TANK says

You prove my point. It’s STILL full of antisemitic scum like you. Let’s see, Lenin was an intellectual, and Stalin a butcher/thug. Stalin went to seminary, and was raised christian. Who had the bigger body count? Exactly which genocidal dictator in the twentieth century was jewish? How many were raised christian and/or proclaimed their christian faith when it was convenient? When weren’t most russians brutally supressed by a thug state that ruthlessly regulated and regulates every aspect of impoverished daily lives? Apparently it’s still a useful distraction to use antisemitism as a scapegoat in that primitive sewer.

Hmmm, you bring up mikhail khodorkovsky, who is a POS scumbag, but was only allowed to operate and amass his wealth by the explicit permission and complicity of thugs like putin. The THUG STATE government propped him up, and BANKROLLED HIM. You don’t think that their payoffs enabled him to amass his fortune underinterrupted for years, while destroying the economy as the government forced banks to make loans for high risk investments? And he is no isolated case in that despicably corrupt thug state, and the vast majority of these russian billionaire gangsters are goys, not jews.

Are you going to break the fast tonight, douche?

3. Алёша says

Folks, so-called Tank (aka TANaKh) has ancestors from Russia and look at the abuse he hurls at his erstwhile homeland.
    Americans: Wise up and beware of false friends.

4. randall says

Hey, I am Russian, and i am proud to be one. The fathers of any organized criminality in Russia were your brothers, jews. So I support Russian Goverment to ban any perverts’ action in my fatherland. it’s enought that Western world is getting spoiled. You can do whatever you want to. We wanna f-u-c-k any “human rights” if these are the rights for humans to become animals.

5. TANK says

Oh, I think you’ll find that the extent of my native “spirit” is vested entirely in the wellbeing and preservation of the united states. Trust that no love’s lost, and I’m not pining for the bad old days that precipitated my progenitors’ exodus from hell.

Now focus, simpleton. According to you, the downfall of Russia is a vast jewish conspiracy, yeah? That’s laughably absurd, and you are pure scum for promoting that filth. What exactly did I type that was a lie?

6. Sgt.Sausagepants says

Gee, who am I going to side with. America, for all it’s flaws, or a country that quite possibly poisoned a dissenting reporter with radioactive material.

Just because we’re not at war with Russia doesn’t mean we trust their govt. At all.

7. hephaestion says

Russia is almost 100 years behind the times in so many ways. But 500 years ago it was a very gay-friendly place… before western European homophobes taught the Russians to adopt their irrational fear of gays.