Christine O'Donnell | Gay Marriage | Kristen Wiig | Saturday Night Live

SNL Takes On Gay Weddings, Christine O'Donnell

Gaywedding
Saturday Night Live jump-started its new season last night and did so by airing an entertaining bit about the proposed mosque at Ground Zero as a gay wedding venue. They also delivered on a skit starring Kristen Wig as anti-masturbation advocate Christine O'Donnell

I only wish that one day we are able to hear the real O'Donnell proudly make the the following declaration: "I masturbate constantly!"

Watch both clips AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. unusually strong episode. They actually edited a lot of the fat from the script.

Posted by: Vince In Weho | Sep 26, 2010 2:33:44 PM

2. Best in Show:
    Amy's Opening Monologue
    Amy's new Showtime TV program
    Opening Skit With Wiig as Christine O'Donnell
    Weekend Update (especially New York Governor bit and Really?)
    Ground Level Mosque Venue for Everything Liberal
    Ladies Who Lunch
    Bronx Beat

I didn't watch the Katy Perry songs, but everything else wasn't anything worse than average. I'm not going to hold my breath for the rest of the season, but this was fun to watch.

Posted by: Vince In Weho | Sep 26, 2010 2:44:32 PM

3. Weekend Update also did a "REALLY?! With Seth and Amy" over DADT. It was good!

Posted by: VaVa | Sep 26, 2010 3:23:13 PM

4. I want to see Sharon Angle lampooned next.

Posted by: Matt Munson | Sep 26, 2010 3:24:30 PM

5. watched it - thought is was hysterical in places!
    ..I got a good idea for a skit....Tea Baggers talking about "goin back to the Founders vision"....and showing what america would look like IF we followed "their" vision....could be very funny

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 26, 2010 3:34:24 PM

6. When I was watching the "Ground Zero Mosque" skit making fun of gay marriage, the activist in me told me I was never going to watch SNL again. Then I lightened up at the end..."Paid for by the RNC." I said, "That's about right." Haha.

Posted by: Jake Orlando | Sep 26, 2010 4:19:23 PM

7. The darn things won't load for me neither here nor at NBC. I must be inside the wrong border.

Posted by: Tone | Sep 26, 2010 5:46:53 PM

8. Paid for by the RNC (and 70% of the DNC)

I was rolling.

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Sep 26, 2010 10:16:15 PM

9. "Whatever. An honest ad would have shown homosexuals being imprisoned or stoned, as these are punishments meted in Muslim societies for those committing the practice.
    Likewise, Muslims find abortion for reasons other than necessary “detestable” and a “sin,” according to scholars’ writings as quoted by Wikipedia.
    The SNL skit spotlights one of the idiocies of liberalism. Egalitarian treatment of women, abortion, gays, and Left-biased journalism would be the first to go were Muslims to rule America.
    Yet those supporting all the aforementioned inexplicably support Islam – solely because it is antithetical to Judeo-Christianity, with its foundation in the legitimate Isaac vs. illegitimate Ishmael divide. Liberals will go so far as to support those who would kill, imprison, or forcibly shut them up out of their hatred for He for whom we stand.
    And what’s up with using “pregnancy termination” rather than “abortion”? Has now even that word become politically incorrect due to its negative connotations?"

Posted by: tim viec nhanh | Oct 17, 2011 5:47:53 AM