Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Lady Gaga | Military | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Gaga Inspires Chain Reaction of Activism on DADT

Gaga_Activism

Bravo, girls!

And, as Rex, who tipped us off to this clip advises, make sure to keep watching till the end.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is why as much as I am sometimes loathe to admit it, the advocacy of celebrities can make a difference.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 15, 2010 1:38:05 PM

2. I'm so proud of my generation.

Posted by: Johnnie B | Sep 15, 2010 1:42:09 PM

3. ....sometimes i think what my life would be today if this kind of stuff went on when i was there age. The only thing "gay" i had was Steven from Dynasty....oh wait, there was also the tv show Soap.

Posted by: wonderer | Sep 15, 2010 1:47:27 PM

4. Lady GAGA is our Angel.

Posted by: InExile | Sep 15, 2010 1:59:30 PM

5. Lady Gaga is 24 (my age) and these girls are probably in their early 20's as well. We are the first of the millenials. Think about what the next generation of gay youth is NOT going to have to endure.

Posted by: Johnnie B | Sep 15, 2010 1:59:32 PM

6. Oh MY (no) god, I freakin LOVE these girls.

I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't called yet but after watching this video I called my jerk of a Senator Bill Nelson right away!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 15, 2010 2:05:04 PM

7. Yay!

Posted by: Glenn I | Sep 15, 2010 2:29:05 PM

8. Happy to say that this brought a tear to my eye.
    After reading the dual posts on gay youth suicides yesterday, it is more than heartening to see this type of action take place from this generation. There is no discussion or moral wrangling about if it right or wrong, it is just simply recognized as being an injustice that needs to be righted.
    Bravo.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 15, 2010 2:29:05 PM

9. Don't just called Senator Reid, make a call to your own senators!

Posted by: Bob | Sep 15, 2010 2:41:39 PM

10. I called Senator Voinovich (Senator Brown is sure to vote for repeal) for Ohio.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 15, 2010 2:54:34 PM

11. But it's not making a difference. The overwhelming majority of americans are opposed to don't ask don't tell, and want it repealed, yet this vote will likely fail. The only difference that will be made on DADT, or any other issue on gay rights is through the courts.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 15, 2010 2:54:53 PM

12. Sweet tapdancing Christ, Tank

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 15, 2010 3:13:03 PM

13. "The power of positive thinking" brought to you by Tank.....along comes Debbie Downer. xoxo

Posted by: wonderer | Sep 15, 2010 3:18:11 PM

14. Just called Senators Lieberman and Dodd and asked them to repeal DADT.

I saw yesterday that Gaga had been tweeting with Harry Reid about DADT.

Hopefully the fact that real action is coming out of Gaga's activism at the VMAs and beyond will be enough to shut up the bitter queens that she's merely exploiting our community for her own monetary gain.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Sep 15, 2010 3:18:11 PM

15. For the first time I'm not even angered by Tank's pessimism but truly and profoundly feel pity for such a sad sack of an individual.

I'm astounded by his ability to find fault in even the most infallible of Gaga-related posts.

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 15, 2010 3:21:17 PM

16. I just called my senator. I have always sent emails in but never called before but this video made me think if these people can do it so can I. I was discharged under DADT and really want this policy REPEALED!!

Posted by: Michael Rose | Sep 15, 2010 3:45:44 PM

17. This is really great.

I really hope Gaga will do a get out the vote message/hairdo outfit in late October early November. Our turnout is pitiful,, especially in the mid-term elections and we really need to keep those anti-gay NOM supported tea-partying social conservative christianist out of office.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 15, 2010 3:46:46 PM

18. Seeing all those guys asking for the repeal of DADT was powerful.

Posted by: jon | Sep 15, 2010 3:49:45 PM

19. thank you little monsters!

Posted by: big.peaches | Sep 15, 2010 3:54:25 PM

20. If you live in areas like I do (Russ Feingold, Herb Kohl, and Tammy Baldwin are reps), be sure to thank them for their continued support of LGBT representatives. Also, if you have property or family in more conservative areas, reach out to them!

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Sep 15, 2010 4:09:07 PM

21. Let's get Gaga to support UAFA now. LGBT binational couples need rights NOW!

Posted by: Marco | Sep 15, 2010 4:30:31 PM

22. Thanks, Little Monsters, you can change the world... thanks also to Lady Gaga for the encouragement!!! Here's hoping that the law gets firmly struck down next week when it comes up for a vote.

Posted by: CKNJ | Sep 15, 2010 4:38:39 PM

23. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW INSPIRING THIS IS!!!

Posted by: Eugene | Sep 15, 2010 4:49:50 PM

24. The Senator replied via youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsz0LPqPrwA

He endorses the repeal of don't ask, don't tell.

Posted by: Rob | Sep 15, 2010 4:55:19 PM

25. Good goin', galz!

Just shows a pretty girl can get a boy to do ANYTHING!

Kidding aside, I am more inspired by youth today than I can ever remember. Thanks for steppin' up, kids.

Posted by: stephen | Sep 15, 2010 5:05:06 PM