Jon Hamm | Rihanna | Saturday Night Live

Jon Hamm and Jason Sudeikis Lock Lips On A Hog

Snl

Jon Hamm did a stellar job hosting Saturday Night Live last night but it was his kiss with Jason Sudeikis that saved the C.H.I.P.S. parody, easily one of the weakest sketches on the show. Watch that clip as well as some funny highlights like the Vincent Price (with JFK and Judy Garland) skit and an Andy Samberg short starring Rihanna. All three are AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Another gay kiss played for shock value, but MAN I wanted them to keep going.

Posted by: Robert | Oct 31, 2010 12:06:11 PM

2. Robert, I see where you're coming from, but I don't think it was played for shock value so much as it was a play on the homoeroticism in CHIPS. And I totally agree with your last point! Haha! Jason Sudeikis seems to be working his tongue through the entire cast of Mad Men, doesn't he?

Posted by: Josh | Oct 31, 2010 1:11:32 PM

3. "And this Zombie finger is just a sausage" too funny.

Witt, Samberg and Hadler are the best on the show, Hadler's Alan Alda was so spot on. Too bad the writing sucks, they should can Seth Meyers.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Oct 31, 2010 1:24:21 PM

4. Weekend Update was truly awful; if I wanted to watch talentless people go on and on and on with zero entertainment value, I would watch more YouTube! Back to the Future was no better - Alan Alda was good but not entertaining. Maybe Callie can do a funny bone transplant, although donors are in short supply...

Posted by: Hue-Man | Oct 31, 2010 2:21:29 PM

5. I actually found this skit to be quite homophobic. Are they implying that close male-male relationships are sexual? If they are, it's yet another form of homophobic instruction on the part of the liberal mainstream.

Liberals are afraid of male-male relationships, and are using the kiss to demonize and trivialize them. Believe me, they're not trying to flatter.

Posted by: jason | Oct 31, 2010 5:31:20 PM

6. worst episode ever! laughed out loud only once. terrible writing and Hamm was not very funny...

Posted by: Rucka | Oct 31, 2010 7:26:35 PM

7. That was sexy as hell! I thought it was a funny episode overall. The Back to the Future audition skit had me doubled over lol.

Posted by: daws | Oct 31, 2010 8:06:49 PM

8. jason again with his debbie downer routine. bleh.

Posted by: gomez | Oct 31, 2010 8:19:18 PM

9. I guess those people dissing on SNL REALLY miss MadTV.

Posted by: Edd | Oct 31, 2010 8:30:23 PM

10. wow...that was bad.

and, a waste of Jon Hamm who's a great comedic actor.

the Judy Garland impersonation was terrible.

Posted by: Michael Strangeways | Oct 31, 2010 9:54:36 PM

11. Thass not true, michael. turkey link can do no wrong, evah!

Posted by: tenque | Oct 31, 2010 10:58:02 PM

12. @Jason, it must be interesting (or nauseating) to see everything through the same lens. This wasn't meant to be a close male relationship; they were obviously lovers. If you see demonization in that, that's your issue.

Did you notice how they repeatedly insisted on riding the same bike and never managed to complete any of their assignments? And it's not because they were talking about football or ladies.

I agree that SNL has a horrible record when it comes to mocking gays, but this was not a case of that.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 1, 2010 10:25:56 AM

13. re: Jason, et al

I set my DVR for SNL because of the potential that exists for smart, funny material (see: Tina Fey & Betty White episodes). Jason's right: Jon Hamm kissing a man was played for shock value.

Meyers and company aren't purposefully pushing gay stereotypes as punchlines; they're just not very clever.

The only gay-themed joke that worked for me this week was the "zombie finger".

Posted by: anyway | Nov 1, 2010 1:27:49 PM

14. shock value? they dont even open their mouths for gosh sakes. Some tongue wrestling and spit swapping would be SHOCK Value. pressing your lips together is hardly that.

Posted by: hardrocker | Nov 1, 2010 6:50:09 PM

15. Aw, two men kissing is heelarious. Message received SNL writing staff.

Posted by: **** | Nov 2, 2010 3:20:51 AM

16. ...just when you thought snl couldn't get any dumber

maybe it could be funny if it were only a half hour show?

Posted by: r | Nov 2, 2010 3:22:43 AM