Barack Obama | Christine O'Donnell | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Meghan McCain | Military | News | Rachel Maddow

Watch: Meghan McCain and Rachel Maddow Talk Sexism, Christine O'Donnell, 'DADT', Obama, and Anti-Gay Politicians

Meghan_mccain

Meghan McCain joined Rachel Maddow last night to discuss conservative sexism, Christine O'Donnell's lack of qualifications, DADT, and Obama's failure to so far live up to his campaign promises.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. over-all I like her.....

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 19, 2010 9:48:30 AM

2. Two of my favorite people on the planet!...on the same show. :-)

Posted by: FreddyMertz | Oct 19, 2010 9:53:52 AM

3. Atta Girl, I may not agree with Megan McCain on 100% of the issues but she is a refreshing voice. I wish 25% the Republicans were like her. Things would get done.

Posted by: George | Oct 19, 2010 9:56:52 AM

4. Unless Meghan McCain is making her uber-homophobic dad's life an absolute living hell right now, I don't want to hear from her.

The best thing she could do for GLBT rights right now is make every single family moment and dinner at the McCain house an endlessly nightmarish stress-filled headache for John McCain that never allows him a single second of relaxation or enjoyment until he knocks it the f*ck off with the anti-gay sh*t.

Throw plates. Steal his car keys. Yank the tablecloth off the table. Bang pots and pans together beside his head every time he tries to take a nap. Things like that.

If Meghan McCain wants to be a civil rights hero, she has a great place to start: home.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Oct 19, 2010 11:05:46 AM

5. It's unfortunate that she came from such a Satan spawn. I would vote for her!

Posted by: ila lwara | Oct 19, 2010 11:12:05 AM

6. She can't even get her own father to change positions, how does she expect to change other Republicans.

Posted by: MickkW | Oct 19, 2010 11:38:23 AM

7. I couldn't tell if she said so or just accidentally agreed with Maddow but did McCain say her brothers, who are currently serving, are AGAINST repeal?

Just want clarification...

Posted by: Christopher | Oct 19, 2010 12:32:10 PM

8. @Christopher - yes, that's what she said.

Posted by: Bart | Oct 19, 2010 12:51:47 PM

9. @mickkw
    With an attitude like that, how could anybody change anything. Just cause her dad is an old man set in his ways, doesn't mean she can't change other peoples minds. My dad certainly is similar. I could change a lot of people's minds before I could get him to budge on a single issue.

Posted by: Brad | Oct 19, 2010 1:38:26 PM

10. Take comfort in knowing her dad will die soon enough.....like the other bigots his age.

Posted by: Queer Equality Revolution | Oct 19, 2010 2:08:26 PM

11. I totally agree that I wish more Republicans communicated like she does. She looks at the person not the party and that is refreshing. Its sad to think that the gay community is against her, she gets infront of the cameras and says that gay people should have equality. Any and all time given to support equality on TV is a good thing, and especially when its coming from the side that has historically been so anti gay. So Megan, I too might not share some of your political philosophy but I applaud you for supporting my rights. Thank you.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 19, 2010 4:00:11 PM

12. MEGHAN MCCAIN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012!

The only hope for this country is that clear thinking, clear speaking, honest people from all areas and beliefs, like her, start talking to one another in order to drowned out the idealogues (spell check anybody?) and demigods from both sides. I may not agree with you, but I'll listen if you present it in a clear, well thought out, intelligent way.

Posted by: Donald | Oct 19, 2010 4:14:23 PM

13. With her looks and family lineage it would be very easy for Meghan McCain to fall into some cush job/ life as a right wing cheerleader, talking head, or even politician. Instead, she has chosen to go against the grain and speak out publicly against her own family's misguided bigotry. I find her brave in a way that most 26 years olds are not. Brava Meghan!

Posted by: RDUB | Oct 19, 2010 5:42:48 PM