Kentucky | News | Rand Paul

Rand Paul Headstomper Wants Apology from Woman He Stomped

Randpaul

Tim Proffit, the Rand Paul campaign coordinator who stomped a female MoveOn activist's head outside a debate on Monday night, told CBS Station WKYT that she's to blame and he wants an apology.

"She's a professional at what she does, and I think when all the facts come out, I think people will see that she was the one that initiated the whole thing...I don't think it's that big of a deal. I would like for her to apologize to me to be honest with you. "

He also blamed the head-stomping on the fact that he has a bad back and wasn't able to bend over to hold her down.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Why can't people just grow up and take responsibility for their actions?

Posted by: Rob | Oct 27, 2010 2:17:15 PM

2. Unreal. So glad I don't live in Kaintuck.

Posted by: Rocco | Oct 27, 2010 2:17:54 PM

3. Oh yes, the lunatics have taken over......

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 27, 2010 2:18:35 PM

4. Up is down, black is white. They would seriously argue the time of day.

Posted by: Wes | Oct 27, 2010 2:26:28 PM

5. Gimmie his address...Ill talk to him the way he talks to others.

Posted by: JT | Oct 27, 2010 2:27:37 PM

6. Typical of a woman beater—blame the victim.

Posted by: Timzilla | Oct 27, 2010 2:27:46 PM

7. @Wes That was a refreshing and funny comment. This story is so disturbing, I can't help but read the comments, as if I'm some masochist wanting to be disappointed and enraged by even more commenter stupidity. Anyway, thanks for helping me to not get completely riled up by this story.

Posted by: Johnny from the block | Oct 27, 2010 2:34:30 PM

8. You'll reason with these people. The best you can do and wait for them to die, and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law when they inevitably break it. This guy needs to be made an example of.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 2:41:24 PM

9. never reason with these people--never reach them, even. They are quite beyond rational thought.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 2:42:03 PM

10. And as much as it offends certain sensibilities, there are a great many people who only "learn" through the threat of violence and force, and this man is one of them. Some people only respond to violence.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 2:43:03 PM

11. Before long these people will be wearing brown shirts and goose-stepping.

They're upset because the president is black. And because they are bitter, nasty unhappy people.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Oct 27, 2010 2:45:04 PM

12. It's the Douche Bag party!

Posted by: Rad | Oct 27, 2010 3:07:17 PM

13. I'm surprised he hasn't had her arrested after slamming her head into his foot like that. She clearly assaulted the bottom of his foot with her head and neck.

At the very least he should consider filing a civil suit seeking some sort of restitution for the trauma he sustained at her hands, um, head.

Maybe we should start a facebook page to help raise funds for him to get himself a prosecuting attorney.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 27, 2010 3:17:40 PM

14. I hope they lock him away for a long time and he should get a roommate who is large, powerful and very into S&M.

Posted by: Matt | Oct 27, 2010 3:18:06 PM

15. I'm sorry, I must have been raised wrong, when is it okay for a man to kick the shit out of a woman's head, when she's being held down on the ground, again?

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 27, 2010 3:30:42 PM

16. He should be thanking his precious Jesus he didn't break her neck.

Posted by: IAN F | Oct 27, 2010 3:38:37 PM

17. Congratulations, Proffitt.

Never, even up to the second before I read this article, would I have believed that I would be so wildly entertained by a douchebag discharging its contents.

I can't even begin to deconstruct your response. You should be a busy man over the next few months. Doctoral candidates in psychology will want to write their theses about you. Jane Goodall wants to study you. Untold millions will research how you were formed (assuming you were ever a babby and not, in fact, hatched).

Posted by: Agcons | Oct 27, 2010 3:51:54 PM

18. Yea, traditional values dictate its okay for a man to stomp on a woman's head when he 'have a bad back' and she's clearly a liberal. Long live gallantry!

Posted by: Wes | Oct 27, 2010 3:57:58 PM

19. "Jane Goodall wants to study you" is my new favorite insult! Well done!!

Posted by: crispy | Oct 27, 2010 4:07:05 PM

20. "Jane Goodall wants to study you"...isn't this rather insulting to chimpanzees?

Posted by: tarxien | Oct 27, 2010 5:46:45 PM

21. The tea party types have no idea who Jane Goodall is, so outside of the 2 coasts, urban upscale neighborhoods and college towns, your insult will fall flat. Keep your emigration web searches up to date. It's starting to feel like being a Jew in 1935 Germany or a Tutsi in Rwanda. This country is in a very bad way on so many fronts, and for the first time in a long life, flight is on my radar.

Posted by: Contrarian | Oct 27, 2010 10:25:14 PM

22. Eat shit, contrarian. You useless sack of flesh and gore. DIE!

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 10:42:17 PM

23. She is from Moveon. She is a profesional at this stuff. It looked to me like this woman was smiling and I didnt even see any stomping. Some guy on MSNBC said it reminded him of the scene from American History X. That is ridiculous. As a gay man the only discrimination I have faced are from members of the Obama coalition. Not once have a been threatened by a "redneck" or a "teabagger" but I have been threatened and ridiculed many times by African Americans who adhere to the ghetto culture. Unfortunatly, many of them do. I'll vote for the canididate who is going to let me keep more of the money I work for instead of giving it to people who don't or won't work and keep on having kids at my expense. This goes for Whites, Blacks, Hispanics or whomever.
    So don't tell me who's circle I should pull my wagon into.

Posted by: Greg Layton | Oct 29, 2010 7:40:56 AM

24. @greg layton,

What flavor was the Kool-Aide?

Posted by: Chadd | Aug 17, 2011 8:43:46 AM