Advertising | Barack Obama | Colorado | News | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Roadside Attractions from the Colorado Tea Party

Billboard

A billboard in Grand Junction depicting Obama as a terrorist, a gangster, a Mexican bandit, and a gay man.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports:

"The billboard, erected along the I-70 Business Loop between 28 1/2 and 29 roads sometime Monday, depicts the four 'Obamas' sitting around a table with playing cards showing only sixes bunched in groups of three. Also on the table is a copy of the Declaration of Independence, a liberty bell, a toy soldier and a statue of Justice holding a balance. Beneath the Obama caricatures are numerous rats, some of which are labeled as the IRS, trial lawyers, the EPA and the Fed. Sitting above all that is a line, 'Vote DemocRAT. Join the game,' which is positioned between two vultures, one of which is labeled the U.N. and the other with the name Soros, a reference to George Soros, a major national Democratic financial supporter."

Comments

1. Wow. Keep it classy. Unfortunately, I'll be driving right by there next week, I'm not looking forward to seeing this.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 14, 2010 12:10:48 PM

2. America!

Technologically advanced for now, but socially primitive for ever!

Posted by: Brains | Oct 14, 2010 12:21:36 PM

3. Why, hello there, Sean Delonas. I'd recognize your shit anywhere.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 14, 2010 12:27:35 PM

4. Here's yet another opportunity to do some out of the box thinking and get something done ... I'm sure there are gay and lesbian paintballers in Colorado; have them paintball the thing until it's unreadable.

We gotta start thinking like them.

I'm all for some mass intimidation of Carl Paladino and his Orthodox Jewish friends, too.

I'm not gonna get married, I have all the rights and benefits I'll need until I die and yet I'm still ready, willing and able to take it to the streets, for you, younger gay people, AND your friends.

Are you? Are you ready?

Posted by: Joe B. | Oct 14, 2010 12:32:36 PM

5. What is ironic is that they don't realise the the gays hate Obama just as much! I wonder what all those Dem haters on Towle think about that huh?

They HATE you.

Posted by: Rowan | Oct 14, 2010 12:32:48 PM

6. Um....bullet holes in the walls? I think the Secret Service might be interested in this.

This crap has gone way, way too far. A lot of people hated George W. Bush, but that hatred didn't go nearly as far as the hatred towards Obama.

Posted by: Terry | Oct 14, 2010 12:45:42 PM

7. Rowan, don't even waste your time trying to reason with nitwits. You would have better luck talking to a, well, billboard.

Posted by: RW | Oct 14, 2010 12:46:22 PM

8. Idiots know nothing about graphic design. That's way too busy for a billboard. Maybe even for a magazine ad, but most certainly not something that can be grasped rolling by at 40 mph or higher. Heheh, that's not to address the retarded content, but parody is fun in many forms. Just one question though - how is the Obama on the far right supposed to be a gay Obama?

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 14, 2010 12:47:44 PM

9. Rowan? What's a Dem "hater"? When the President promises something and delivers the exact opposite, what should you do? When the President asks that you challenge him and put pressure on him, what should you do? Apparently if you're Rowan, you just lie back and take it.

The Republicans hate ANYONE that has a 'D' after their name and do what you do: follow their dear leader without asking a single question.

Posted by: Shawn | Oct 14, 2010 1:05:35 PM

10. I agree Rowan, I'm no longer drinking the kool-aid either. I have rallied and fought for my rights with this administration but now it's clear - nothing will happen. To think I gave up tax dollars for a fierce advocate of human rights. Boy was I duped. I'm voting Republican... I wonder if they'll give me a refund.

Posted by: JNJ | Oct 14, 2010 1:17:21 PM

11. Breathtakingly craptastic.

Posted by: AnotherG | Oct 14, 2010 1:20:58 PM

12. The Trailer Trash party strikes again.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 14, 2010 1:35:10 PM

13. and for all of you still bitching about what hasn't been delivered to you as promised. Stop sound like an entitled ingrate. He didn't give you a due date. In fact, he mentioned SEVERAL times that we might not get things done in 4 years. In case you havne't noticed, it's only been 2.

If you can't stand this admin., why don't you just become a log cabin republican and see how much further you get pushed into the caboose.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 14, 2010 1:39:36 PM

14. don't they know that the earring has to be in the RIGHT ear for him to be gay? geez.

Posted by: GBM | Oct 14, 2010 1:53:02 PM

15. Yea, gays, but keep railing against Valerie Jarrett! The Republican Tea Party will be MUCH better. No, seriously... I can't WAIT to see what they have in store for us -- it's sure to be better, right?

.... Right?

Posted by: Scott | Oct 14, 2010 2:09:10 PM

16. So whats their problem with the U.N.? I can't remember. This is blatantly offensive and disgusting either way.

Posted by: lazlo | Oct 14, 2010 2:13:13 PM

17. I hate most conservatives. What do you expect from these people, though? They're too stupid to know any better...it's an endless cycle of stupid people having more stupid people...

Posted by: TANK | Oct 14, 2010 2:15:53 PM

18. @Joe B=Agreed! I'll be 62 this month and I've been out for 50 years; yeah, I knew I was gay even then. I am willing to do whatever it takes to guarantee equal rights for gays. My partner is 20 years younger than I and doesn't understand why I am so emotional about equality. All I ever wanted was to be like other people, married to the person I loved, living the American Dream. C'mon people, we've got to work together to get it done!

Posted by: mad1026 | Oct 14, 2010 2:21:49 PM

19. The artist Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1493586669&v=wall

Filled with hate. REPORT!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 14, 2010 2:43:48 PM

20. Woooah, the RIGHT hate you. Us.

I'm not saying you shouldn't fight, in fact all I do is fight but I'm saying that the fact that the warped gays in America would rather a disgusting xenophobic, homophobic party in power because we didn't get DADT or DOMA is INSANE.

I think he messed up not on gay issues-I've had friends say who cares-but on how he has communicated his opinions and feelings....like Carter.

Obama's mistake was trying to be reasonable with unreasonable people. He was arrogant like Carter that people genuinely wanted peace...or long term effect.

Nope.

And this is why the right will keep on winning and winning and gay rights etc will be a thing of the past.

If any of you are genuinely interested in facts and truth, check out the guardian.co.uk site about the future of the left..

Posted by: Rowan | Oct 14, 2010 3:03:19 PM

21. Could the poster please provide some ACTUAL PROOF this is associated in any way at all with the tea party?

Posted by: tim | Oct 14, 2010 3:30:14 PM

22. "Could the poster please provide some ACTUAL PROOF this is associated in any way at all with the tea party?"

Um, the artist is a big tea party supporter. It's right in the article. Who do you think is funding it? The Democrats?

"To think I gave up tax dollars for a fierce advocate of human rights."

You haven't given up any tax dollars and won't unless you're earning in the top 2% of Americans. Are you? Who's being duped by the Republicans?

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 14, 2010 4:03:00 PM

23. I always love the inclusion of George Soros as an object of these lunatic protests

Posted by: Alex | Oct 14, 2010 4:55:13 PM

24. perfect opportunity to compare brains via
    comparing billboards/posters

This busy /overstuffed with a thousand contradictory different conspiracy theories amateurish repub crap

It also smacks a bit of anti-semitic bs with the sorros vultures beak being more exaggerated/curved

vs

the simple and iconic image of a fanged bush sucking the blood out of the statue of liberty

Liberal minds are much more organized, orderly, etc

Posted by: [email protected] | Oct 14, 2010 5:31:05 PM

25. you guys remember when George Bush was president and everyone talked about how we're obligated to respect and stand behind our president?
    whatever happened to that?

Posted by: Johnny | Oct 14, 2010 7:07:27 PM