Daft Punk | Film | Garrett Hedlund | News

Watch: Daft Punk's New 'Tron Legacy' Video

Hedlund

Tron was a movie dear to my 15-year-old video game addict heart back in 1982, so I've been watching the development of the Tron: Legacy sequel with some interest. It's scheduled for release in December.

Out today is a new music video — "Derezzed" — from the film featuring Daft Punk, who composed the film's score. It also features a glimpse of a buffed-out Garrett Hedlund, who plays the son of Jeff Bridges' character from the original.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Was that Michael Sheen, i.e. 'Tony Blair' Michael Sheen, right there at the start? That man is a chameleon!

Posted by: hugo | Oct 26, 2010 1:34:06 PM

2. CAN'T WAIT! CAN'T WAIT! CAN'T WAIT!

Posted by: MT | Oct 26, 2010 1:38:02 PM

3. I am so psyched about Tron. I loved the original and lets face it Garrett Hedlund is hawt.

Posted by: Geoff | Oct 26, 2010 2:03:19 PM

4. I loved the original when I was a kid and I have been practically drooling since Disney announced the sequel. But then, after seeing the first full trailer for the film, I have been like a little kid waiting for Christmas. It blew this jaded overly critical film buff away. Not only is it absolutely gorgeous but it looks very exciting too.

(And I will deny that part of my excitement from the trailer was generated from that shot of Hedlund walking up that ramp in his rubber suit. Someone was struttin' like a bad-ass cowboy.)

Posted by: Bryant | Oct 26, 2010 2:15:33 PM

5. All of life should be this cool. Pre-release excitement normally scares me, but this time I'm enjoying it.

Posted by: friedtater | Oct 26, 2010 2:40:03 PM

6. Add me to the "can't wait" list. I just rewatched the quite-trippy original with a couple of friends...we're all hoping this one's good. Love Daft Punk too.

Posted by: Pete | Oct 26, 2010 3:00:23 PM

7. I think I'm more excited for Daft Punk than the movie itself! Especially if it means they may start touring again... Coachella 2011?? Oh please, Flying Spaghetti Monster, make this happen!

Posted by: crispy | Oct 26, 2010 3:36:10 PM

8. That looks Bad Ass!

Posted by: Grant | Oct 26, 2010 3:46:25 PM

9. I have yet to see the original, but I'm a huge fan of Daft Punk, and the previews look amazing, so I'm pretty sure this movie will be worth checking out..

Posted by: Chris K | Oct 26, 2010 4:00:02 PM

10. I miss the Walter/Wendy Carlos music. I should like to hear a homage at the very least. That was just noise.

Posted by: Diogenes | Oct 26, 2010 4:48:12 PM

11. Sooo can't wait either! Here's a much better quality video and sound:

Posted by: Jason Wong | Oct 26, 2010 7:30:11 PM

12. I'm so geeking over this. Can't wait.

Posted by: topher hoefer | Oct 26, 2010 8:20:57 PM

13. The Walter/Wendy Carlos music was indeed a high point of the original, but (imo) Daft Punk seems an even more perfect match for the Tron visual style.

Really, all the original had going for it was visual style and cool music. That seems pretty locked-in for the sequel, so it's all gravy from there! Can't Wait!!

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 26, 2010 10:46:32 PM