Comments

1. hugo says

Was that Michael Sheen, i.e. ‘Tony Blair’ Michael Sheen, right there at the start? That man is a chameleon!

2. Bryant says

I loved the original when I was a kid and I have been practically drooling since Disney announced the sequel. But then, after seeing the first full trailer for the film, I have been like a little kid waiting for Christmas. It blew this jaded overly critical film buff away. Not only is it absolutely gorgeous but it looks very exciting too.

(And I will deny that part of my excitement from the trailer was generated from that shot of Hedlund walking up that ramp in his rubber suit. Someone was struttin’ like a bad-ass cowboy.)

3. friedtater says

All of life should be this cool. Pre-release excitement normally scares me, but this time I’m enjoying it.

4. Pete says

Add me to the “can’t wait” list. I just rewatched the quite-trippy original with a couple of friends…we’re all hoping this one’s good. Love Daft Punk too.

5. crispy says

I think I’m more excited for Daft Punk than the movie itself! Especially if it means they may start touring again… Coachella 2011?? Oh please, Flying Spaghetti Monster, make this happen!

6. Chris K says

I have yet to see the original, but I’m a huge fan of Daft Punk, and the previews look amazing, so I’m pretty sure this movie will be worth checking out..

7. Diogenes says

I miss the Walter/Wendy Carlos music. I should like to hear a homage at the very least. That was just noise.

8. Zlick says

The Walter/Wendy Carlos music was indeed a high point of the original, but (imo) Daft Punk seems an even more perfect match for the Tron visual style.

Really, all the original had going for it was visual style and cool music. That seems pretty locked-in for the sequel, so it’s all gravy from there! Can’t Wait!!