Katy Perry | Lady Gaga

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Flight Safety Demonstrations Get Fun

Flight
Southwest has got nothing on this airline. Flight attendants on a recent Cebu Pacific Airlines flight figured out a way to make sure passengers pay attention to the  safety demonstration: performing a choreographed dance to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry songs.

A representatiove for the airlines told the Daily Telegraph: "Cebu Pacific has always been known as a fun airline, we wanted to get the message across to our customers that flight safety doesn't have to be boring."

Actually, a "boring" safety demonstration was performed just before take-off. The dance version (choreographed by a professional) was performed once the plane was at cruising altitude. Watch AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Call me old-fashoned, but I prefer the "boring" version. Airlines main duty is to fly safe. Safety info before the take off is very important. This kind of show doesn't belong to the airplane. I wouldn't like to fly with this airline. Why did the captain allow this?

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 2, 2010 3:01:07 PM

2. Call me someone who reads the whole article before commenting, but a standard version of the safety demonstration was done prior to takeoff.

Posted by: Dev | Oct 2, 2010 3:19:06 PM

3. I did read it but still, don't think cabin crew should put on the show while passangers on board and flying. Sorry.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 2, 2010 3:20:55 PM

4. I like to be left alone in peace and quiet on the airplane. Some of us are actually trying to get work done in flight.

Posted by: Sheeple | Oct 2, 2010 3:43:51 PM

5. Make no mistake - this video was produced and filmed by the airline as a marketing ploy thought up by some overpaid "social media guru" who thought this was a brilliant idea.

Despite that - it is still entertaining.

Posted by: fsinsd | Oct 2, 2010 3:45:38 PM

6. do flight attendants who don't have rhythm get laid off?

Posted by: deegeezee | Oct 2, 2010 4:48:44 PM

7. god you people are negative. everytime I forget to follow my new policy and never read what all the bitter queens have to say in the comment section, you quickly remind m I'm wasting my time. If you can hate it or bitch about, there are probably 12 people already doing it on towleroad.

It's a cute vid. Glad to see an airline having fun. 'Nuf said

Posted by: brian | Oct 2, 2010 7:54:42 PM

8. I agree with Brian... get over yourselves, people! Jeez!

We had a great flight attendant on a terrible flight traveling back from overseas after my Mom's funeral... she announced on the intercom "Above you is an orange button [the flight attendant call button]... press it once and we will assume it was by mistake, press it a second time and we will ignore you, press it a third time and it will turn into an ejector button. Have a nice flight!" Everyone erupted in laughter and applause and it eased the tension of a difficult flight.

How about we all lighten the fuck up?

Posted by: CKNJ | Oct 2, 2010 8:41:55 PM

9. amen to brian & cknj..some gays are just too bitchy, i guess they're the granny ones..haizzzzz :)

Posted by: jek | Oct 2, 2010 9:34:21 PM

10. @MATT26... I really don't think you understood what you read. You say "Safety info before the take off is very important" but many people don't pay attention to the standard instructions, which WERE given FIRST. The captain allowed the "fun" demonstration because he probably realized it had a chance of getting the attention of those who dozed off earlier. I'd say the airline is going above and beyond to make the flight as safe as possible for the passengers.

Posted by: RJ | Oct 2, 2010 10:41:02 PM

11. Typical, only in the philippines to use gimmickery to hide the actual poor and cheap services.

Posted by: Jo | Oct 2, 2010 11:05:32 PM

12. At least they made it a fun flight! And...if anyone Did die when they crashed, it was Their Own Fault, for Not paying attention, because how could you Not pay attention to this!
    I like it when a Stewardess...uh, sorry...Air Wench...has a sense of humor!

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | Oct 2, 2010 11:15:06 PM

13. Ok, I don't tend to fly Cebu Pacific much on my 3x a year trips to visit relatives in the Philippines (I generally fly Cathay with my parents), but this sort of thing is what Cebu Pacific is known for.

They are a budget carrier, who actually do quite well service wise, and are well liked by the thousands of domestic helpers who can only afford to take this airline when they go home to visit their families after being away for months and in some cases years.

Generally speaking, before this video, they normally do a show and tell game where they ask people to hold up a particular item if they have if, to get some small token prizes. Most of the passengers get really into it and have a fun, enjoyable flight. (It's only 1 and a half hours from Hong Kong to Manila).

If you don't like it, or aren't going to take part, put your fricking headphones on and play some music. That's what I do.

sheesh some people don't have anything better to do then rain on everyone else's parade (ergh, I'm far too young to have made a Barbara reference, I think I'll slap myself now and go back to the gym)

Posted by: Jaime | Oct 3, 2010 12:37:23 AM

14. Jo you are an idiot. A large percentage of the trained Filipino flight crew (pilots, attendants, etc) work in international airlines based in foreign countries because the pay is a lot better than back home. If the quality of services that they render is sub-par, they would not be in such high demand elsewhere considering that they get the same pay. I suggest you research the facts before you go around showing your bigotry and looking like a moron.

And OMG some of you people seriously need to lighten up. Having clenched anuses all day is probably what's giving you those hemorrhoids.

Posted by: Dev | Oct 3, 2010 1:30:37 AM

15. At least they could have picked better music, rather than aural feces by a couple of complete no talent ass clowns.

Posted by: Guill66 | Oct 3, 2010 1:38:08 AM

16. I thought it was funny and clever. The passengers applauded. What's the harm? Everybody that flies knows the risks, and the instruction cards are always available. Jesus, don't we have enough stuffed shirts?

Posted by: J. Thebeau | Oct 3, 2010 2:52:29 AM

17. That will get everyone in a happy mood.

Posted by: GaryJ | Oct 3, 2010 5:11:28 AM