Chris Colfer | Darren Criss | Glee | News

Glee Preview: Darren Criss and Chris Colfer Sing 'Hey Soul Sister'

Criss_colfer

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Kurt doesn't look too happy in the background, but let me just say that the new guy is duh-reamy.

Posted by: rob | Nov 24, 2010 10:32:25 AM

2. The shine was quickly fading from Glee but the bullying storyline, and especially Colfer and Criss, have put them back on top. Bravo to the writers for bringing the story back and leaving the insane celebrity worship behind. Last night's episode, which was focused on the bully aspect (as well as Sue marrying herself with mom Carol Burnett in attendance), was the season's best.

Posted by: Wayne | Nov 24, 2010 10:33:09 AM

3. Yeh, that's how last night's episode ended... with Kurt announcing that he was going to Dalton.

I'm surprised last night's episode isn't on T'road this morning. A straight dude dancing with an out gay dude on primetime TV... it was pretty remarkable.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 24, 2010 10:36:03 AM

4. Loved last nights GLEE. Cant wait for next week. LOVE IT!

Posted by: Dean | Nov 24, 2010 10:36:52 AM

5. it's like chocolate ... I can't get enough ...

Posted by: Lou Partridge | Nov 24, 2010 10:39:59 AM

6. Last night's episode was dreadful - heavy handed, bad songs, silly story lines... Ryan Murphy is just a really bad writer

Heart is in the right place but sometimes the execution on Glee is really poor

Posted by: Richie | Nov 24, 2010 10:52:24 AM

7. Has anyone noticed the guy that posted this video on YouTube states, "The CRAPPY boy's group sings a crappy version Hey Soul Sister."

And if you share it on Facebook, the title and description reads as follows:

Glee Sneak Peek- Special Education The Garblers

The gay boy's group sings a crappy version Hey Soul Sister.

I don't think he's a fan of the gays.

Posted by: Yanz | Nov 24, 2010 10:52:35 AM

8. yes, last night was an awsome episode..now this song is an okay song but the warbelers spin was nice.

school uniforms? really

Posted by: mymy | Nov 24, 2010 10:53:31 AM

9. Puck looked jealous... perhaps he's also thinking of matriculating to the "all boys school"

I wish!

Posted by: pete | Nov 24, 2010 10:55:58 AM

10. "From the looks of it, Kurt Hummel has defected to The Warblers in this new preview from next week's Glee."

Anyone who watched 'Glee' last night already knows this. Disappointing that Towleroad isn't talking about last night's episode, IMO.

Posted by: Rhea | Nov 24, 2010 10:56:10 AM

11. WOW -Darren Criss is just exploding into this incandescent star right before our eyes ( TRULY a Starkid....) the awesome joy he brings to this makes your heart skip a beat.

Posted by: slippy | Nov 24, 2010 11:03:12 AM

12. Damn! Got my prediction the bullying story arc totally wrong! I'm annoyed, I liked my version better.

Posted by: naughtylola | Nov 24, 2010 11:04:54 AM

13. glee now sucks

the first season was great

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Nov 24, 2010 11:11:53 AM

14. Move over Jake, that Darren Criss is just dreamy. Swoon.

Posted by: Jersey | Nov 24, 2010 11:13:04 AM

15. Well, I guess I am not as critical or curmudgeonly as some here. I love this show and many times I find dust or something in my eye. Some episodes are better than others but last night made a great statement. I wish I was 16 now vs. the 80s. Don't know if I would have come out even now at 16 but certainly would have seen a more positive future.

I love the show; its fun, highly entertaining and the new boy is adorable.

Posted by: Jason2 | Nov 24, 2010 11:32:07 AM

16. New posting of Vid WITHOUT the hater comments noted above :

Posted by: slippy | Nov 24, 2010 11:35:54 AM

17. the music can be sucky sure..but last nights episode was heartwarming. Kudos to Glee

Posted by: Chris | Nov 24, 2010 11:55:51 AM

18. If Glee had only been on television when I was a child in the 1960's . . . I might have even felt good about myself for a little while.

I am so glad that the environment for GLBT youth has changed so much, so fast.

Posted by: Marc | Nov 24, 2010 12:01:10 PM

19. To all the haters, there was no Glee 20 or 30 years ago. So fuck you. Happy Thanksgiving douche bags.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 24, 2010 12:03:29 PM

20. I agree that Glee is definitely not as good this season compared to last season but I really do think the last 2 episodes really hit the mark and slowly putting it back on track. I am definitely over the celebrity worship too. "Marry You" was so cute last night!!

Posted by: pharmerandy | Nov 24, 2010 12:32:12 PM

21. Hear, hear, Patrick! I second your (e)motion!

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Nov 24, 2010 12:33:50 PM

22. The Show's issue is it has no idea what it wants to be. A strong wind blows their story lines all over the place. At some point since Popular Ryan has forgotten how to plan out arcs. The bully storyline was wonderfully topical but once again the rest of the show (and actions by some of the characters) were random.

Posted by: Michele | Nov 24, 2010 12:37:35 PM

23. Darren Criss is amazing, and yes... adorable. Loved this song.

What no one has commented on, is the little flickers of expression, phrasing and comedic timing that make even his vocal performances endearing.

Posted by: JAMES in Toronto | Nov 24, 2010 12:38:16 PM

24. The past three episodes of GLEE have been among their best and their thoughtful and intelligent handling of the bullying storyline is to be applauded.

I hate to take issue with a show I love this much, but I find the introduction of this private school gay utopia to be an extremely fanciful and unrealistic addition. I'm a product a fancy private highschool, and the idea that private schools, especially an all boys school in Ohio, being more inclusive is sadly laughable to me. I think it sets up an unrealistic fantasy for bullied gay youth that they can escape to the sanctuary of expensive schools like this, when the reality in these private, all male institutions is more often than not a more concentrated and severe form of hazing/bullying and a complete intolerance of any perceived difference.

Had to say that, but I am genuinely loving GLEE and last night's episode was especially moving.

Posted by: Lewis Payton | Nov 24, 2010 12:39:20 PM

25. That was tremendous.....what a really joyful bright uplifting performance.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 24, 2010 12:46:51 PM