Katie Couric | News | Sarah Palin | Sean Hannity

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Sarah Palin Wants to Clean Up 'Sorry State' of Journalism, Won't Do Any More 'Biased' Couric Interviews

Journalism_palin

Sarah Palin says she wants to clean up the sorry state of journalism, because she knows and studied the "who what where when and why" of reporting.

As for doing another interview with Katie Couric, Palin adds: "So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not waste my time with her. Or him."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Because Couric dared ask her if she could name one news source that shaped her views:

Comments

1. This woman is so repulsively stupid, so self-absorbed, proud in her cluelessness that only another prejudiced, red-neck idiot would sober up enuff from their lifelong drunk to stumble to a polling place to vote for her coz they thought she looked "dang perty behind that there rifle."

Posted by: dan skinner | Nov 23, 2010 8:06:37 AM

2. Look at the subtitle, it reminds me of Tina Fey's line:
    "FOX News still calls her 'Governor Palin'. That's like calling me 'Dairy Queen worker Fey'. I mean, I was ONCE... but I QUIT.
    ;)

Posted by: Strepsi | Nov 23, 2010 8:10:13 AM

3. so to denounce biased journalism she went to...sean hannity? What, Bill O'Reilly wasn't available?

Posted by: Meijay | Nov 23, 2010 8:23:20 AM

4. Yeah, that devious biased journalism where you ask the person what books or magazines you've read. How deceitful and insidious of Couric to do such a thing!

Of course, Sarah McDoofus is saying all of this on Fox News (the home of biased journalism), so the extreme irony will only escape the inbred morons that actually watch Hannity's show.

Posted by: David in Houston | Nov 23, 2010 8:29:18 AM

5. ahh poor sarah.....katie asked her basic questions and she couldn't answer'm..now she trys to claim "bias"......please....lady GO AWAY!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Nov 23, 2010 8:29:39 AM

6. I live for the day when I can go online and never, ever see the name "Sarah Palin" or read about her again. I'm tired of seeing this ignorant, money grubbing non-entity in the media.

Posted by: Terry | Nov 23, 2010 8:31:04 AM

7. I truly can't stand the sight of her anymore, and I'm sure there are zillions of others who feel the same way.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 23, 2010 8:32:28 AM

8. I other words; "I won't talk to anyone who won't spin and gin things up to make me look good." Because that would be a sure sign of being unbiased.

Posted by: LiamB | Nov 23, 2010 8:38:53 AM

9. Despite all of the negatives we justifiably feel toward Ms Palin, we should recognize that there are supporters for her anti-democratic ideas, and they are very motivated. If she wants to go after the first amendment, it is not an idle threat; most of her followers, should they read the Constitution, would quickly label it a communist document. With increasing public ignorance of our rights and the rule of law, we are in a dangerous pass of history.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Nov 23, 2010 8:39:48 AM

10. I absolutely detest this media whore, and Palin knows how to play the media for all the free publicity she can grab. Every fucking day she makes sure she spouts off something that makes it into every single news cast. Even our local stations have nightly segments about her. I am finding I watch a lot less television.

I am so sick of her; she disgusts me to no end.

Posted by: Rad | Nov 23, 2010 8:42:05 AM

11. She's basically setting up a presidential run that will not include media interviews outside of Fox and making it sound as if it's reasonable and fair. She's also sending out the message that, from now on if you want to interview her, you have to have your questions approved by her in advance, or at least submitted to her in advance.

The thing that is most disturbing about this is the main stream media will do just that. They frickin LOVE this stupid woman.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Nov 23, 2010 8:42:10 AM

12. She's studied journalism. Right.

I'd say that lasted about 5 minutes.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 23, 2010 8:42:56 AM

13. Oh Sarah, honey, it's not Katie Couric, it's you. She's exposing you for the raving, rambling idiot piece of white trash that you truly are.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 23, 2010 8:58:50 AM

14. If she means watching old episodes of "WKRP In Cincinnati" and "Lou Grant", then yes, she studied journalism.

Posted by: Meijay | Nov 23, 2010 8:59:28 AM

15. Ladies and gentlemen please be upstanding for the President of the United States of America the Honourable Mrs Sarah Palin and Mr Palin...

You have two years to ensure this does not happen - simply assuming that it will not is not good enough.

As a European and good friend of America I am becoming very scared that the "indespensible nation" might fall into the hands of this woman and her friends in the teaparty.

Honestly if Obama cannot put a stop to this nonsense then maybe it is time to look elsewhere. If the white middle class continue to flock to her then who knows what will happen in two years ?

Posted by: arch | Nov 23, 2010 9:07:46 AM

16. I unfortunately concur with Chuck Mielke's comments about Ms. Palin's "followers". I find it frightening that millions of Americans think this woman literally hung the moon. While polls indicate she could win the Iowa GOP presidential primary, there seems to be continued skepticism she could capture the GOP nomination for this office. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't count out all the Palinites who'd vote for this........journalist/half-governor. As an aside, even though his pig-headed support for maintaining DADT is bad enough, I'll NEVER forgive McCain for bringing Palin into the national spotlight and cursing us with her continuing presence.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 23, 2010 9:15:21 AM

17. This could be a good thing, Maybe her little crusade here will rally some media reform.

The fact that Fox news can call itself news is a massive disgrace, like Ms. Palin here.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 23, 2010 9:17:19 AM

18. I couldn’t even listen to the clip. It’s enough that she dresses like the head matron of the Mustang Ranch...

Posted by: ichabod | Nov 23, 2010 9:18:27 AM

19. My favorite line:

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."

The state that is so sorry...is she Cookie Monster or Yoda?

Dumb shit.

Posted by: princely54 | Nov 23, 2010 9:31:02 AM

20. Her interview with Katie during the 2008 campaign was one of the funniest things ever on TV. Right up there with the best "All in the Family" epsiodes.

As to her followers: yes they are Nazis, yes they would do away with every civil liberty we know of, and yes what they're really mad about is that the President is a black guy. Right now they are a noisy annoying fringe group. If the economy gets much worse, they are to be feared.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Nov 23, 2010 9:32:51 AM

21. LOL

Katie couric is the most soft ball "journalist"

thus why Katie polls higher favorables amongst americans that sarah grifter

Posted by: [email protected] | Nov 23, 2010 9:42:51 AM

22. I wish someone would clean up the 'SORRY STATE OF POLITICS!" Send Palin back to Alaska!

Posted by: Jim | Nov 23, 2010 9:47:56 AM

23. Evita Peron also wanted to clean up jornalism. She also was a "celebrity" (term used loosely) and a fascist. The similarities are uncanny

Posted by: George | Nov 23, 2010 9:57:55 AM

24. Scary! To think that the Republicans first thing to do when getting back the Oval Office is to control all media "bias". Welcome to 1984.

Posted by: KMC | Nov 23, 2010 9:59:49 AM

25. Look at the fur collar on her coat. I doubt she is seriously running for President, she is just looking for more money anyway she can.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 23, 2010 10:05:24 AM