News | Target

Watch: Black Friday Stampede at Target

Target

Greed turns to terror in Buffalo, NY. You knew this clip was coming, and it certainly may not be the only place it happened last night..

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Yankees fan of course.

I guess it's one way to thin the herd. Is this why it's called Black Friday? Unfrigginbelievable, get's worse every year. WTF is wrong with some people? And nevermind you can buy this shit on sale that you probably don't need online and have it shipped to you, usually very reasonable S+H.

Last time I was in a Walmart I got stuck behind two fat chicks buying a caca poo load of baby clothes to send back home to El Salvador. I came within a c*nt hair of totally losing it. Never again.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 26, 2010 7:04:55 PM

2. Morons.

Posted by: mike | Nov 26, 2010 7:38:18 PM

3. wow. commenters, racist much?

Posted by: rob | Nov 26, 2010 7:53:45 PM

4. Can we possible insult a few other minorities? What is wrong with you guys? You get treated like trash, so you take it out on another minority.

Oh, Teddy, I would not be thrilled with a lawnmower. My condominium fees pay for the grounds upkeep.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Nov 26, 2010 7:54:25 PM

5. @josh: "And why is Chastity (he/she) being interviewed??"

(moron/idiot/transphobe)

Posted by: Charles | Nov 26, 2010 8:27:52 PM

6. Dear RATBASTARD,

What does the fact that the women ahead of you in line at Walmart were fat have to do with anything? What does the fact that they were buying baby clothes "to send home to El Salvador" have to do with anything?

Dear MARK and TEDDY,

Really? Eat shit and die.

Dear JOSH,

What did Chaz Bono ever do to you? By the way, his name is "Chaz," not "Chastity," and the correct pronoun is "he," not "she." Were you home-schooled by the Family Research Council or something?

You guys are an embarrassment to the human race, to say nothing of the LGBT community. Happy Holidays, assbags.

Posted by: JOE 2 | Nov 26, 2010 8:30:23 PM

7. In fairness, Cher refers to "him" and "her" too. Cher a transphobe too? I am going with IT. Gross.

Posted by: Jim | Nov 26, 2010 8:46:48 PM

8. The Racist/transphobic comments here are pretty disgusting. You people should be at "gay patriot" not here.

On the actual story:

It seems pretty silly that target wasn't prepared to handle this. They should have opened multiple doors and require people to form a formal line like most places do. Very poor planning.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 26, 2010 8:47:09 PM

9. I will not spend my Gay dollars a Target.

Posted by: Ron Williams | Nov 26, 2010 8:47:42 PM

10. @Mike in Tundra

Wetback much?

Posted by: Jim | Nov 26, 2010 8:47:51 PM

11. Lighten up...I was adding color [no pun intended] to my story. And yeah, it was 2 females, both were fat/obese, and they were buying a poo full of baby clothes to ship home to relatives and family in El Salvador. And, the whole process for those waiting in line behind them SUCKED. If it was a skinny white anglo male gay middle class college student buying a poo full of whatnot, holding up the line, I'd have mentioned it, but it wasn't. And it never is where I live. Always fat woman buying baby shit...lots of baby shit. And arguing about the prices. OK?

Posted by: Ratbastard | Nov 26, 2010 9:32:27 PM

12. I note in my own country (the UK) the same growth of consumer passion. I have also noted the physical growth of many of my fellow citizens.

If I am honest I find both things distastful.
    However, having spent most of my life representing a very wide range of society in court as a lawyer I have come to the uncomfortable conclusion that all human beings retain the inaliable ability to charm, amuse and emotionally engage with oneself.

The judgemental urges of some of the posters here is a bit of a shame.

Live and let live. (and let he lawyers and social workers deal with yours social outcasts...we get paid for it...)

Posted by: arch | Nov 26, 2010 9:45:40 PM

13. As a foreigner, your Thanksgiving Holiday & Black Friday never cease to shock me. It's disturbing for me to see/hear that every year, either many of you burn down your houses when trying to deep-fry a turkey on the front porch or injure or kill your fellow countrymen when trying to buy a flat screen tv. Perhaps I should remember and old anthropological concept: cultural relativism.

Posted by: dali | Nov 26, 2010 10:15:08 PM

14. We have lost all civility in this country. The anonymity of the internet allows people to say absolutely any unfiltered thought that flashes through their undisciplined mind....its only going to get worse.

Posted by: grant | Nov 26, 2010 10:18:31 PM

15. Wow, Jim. Your intelligence is showing... Please don't breed; the human race doesn't need to go down the path delineated by the film Idiocracy.

Posted by: Phillip | Nov 26, 2010 10:23:32 PM

16. 'cause of course the store is not going to be here by noon!

Posted by: John | Nov 26, 2010 10:27:20 PM

17. ARCH:

...The phrase 'Poverty Pimp' is used to describe folks like you here in the U.S., you cost society and the poor chump taxpayer working stiff a fortune. And don't assume ALL Americans are out 'consuming' and behaving like the sad sacks in this video. MOST, the overwhelming majority actually, of course [but you're intelligent and worldly enough to realize this,aren't you?] aren't.

...Dali,

Where are you from? You are from one of those countries where football hooliganism, and public in-civility is rampant,are you? You are from a place that's had hundreds of wars over the past 500 years or who were active participants in ruthless, racist bloodthirsty imperialism rwell into the 20th century, are you?

Never heard of 'deep-frying' a turkey [on the 'front porch' no less], you know something I don't? Most of us have ovens, running water, etc., over here.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 26, 2010 10:36:15 PM

18. "Wetback much?"

Well Jim, the Latino side of my family helped settle California. They were there well before the Gold Rush. The other half of my heritage is Irish. Do you want to call me a mick too?

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Nov 26, 2010 10:39:33 PM

19. Porch monkeys going crazy is the best.

Posted by: Johnnie | Nov 26, 2010 10:41:35 PM

20. We had civility in this country to lose? And don't pretend that it's better elsewhere. People are, if nothing else, predictably disappointing. You're kiddin' yourself if you believe otherwise.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 26, 2010 10:45:27 PM

21. @Ratbastard

Acutally, I'm from Canada. No wars, few hooligans (ours would be hockey)and no imperialism, other than Canadian comedians and singers trying to colonize Las Vegas. For the turkey deep frying, type in "deep fry turkey disaster" in the youtube search. You'll see what I mean. Also, Allstate Insurance Company reports that each year nearly 2,000 fires in the United States occur on Thanksgiving Day causing an average of five deaths, about 25 injuries, and nearly $21 million in property damage. An average of 15 houses are burnt down when trying to deep-fry a turkey. But I guess, since I'm not American and all, I shouldn't know this stuff.

Posted by: dali | Nov 26, 2010 10:47:43 PM

22. Lol... I saw the headline and knew the comments would have a racial flame war. Typical Internet.

Posted by: Max | Nov 26, 2010 10:54:12 PM

23. Nice, I like to see that you guys are horrible for any story on this site.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 26, 2010 11:01:47 PM

24. @max
    Lol...now that was funny!

Posted by: dali | Nov 26, 2010 11:19:22 PM

25. They call it black Friday because prices are so low the blacks don't need to steal or scam and can afford to have the mexicans bring their white pick-ups to haul away for them.

And Chastity Bono is seriously weird with her 'double breasted' suits.

Posted by: Karl | Nov 26, 2010 11:31:31 PM