Channing Tatum | Film | Jamie Bell | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Jamie Bell Plays Channing Tatum's Slave in 'The Eagle'

Eagle

Back in December I posted some stills from the upcoming 140 A.D. period flick The Eagle, in which Jamie Bell plays slave to Channing Tatum's Roman Master. it's now ready for its close-up.

Watch the trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Tatum's so pretty I'll sit through it, even if it's absolute dreck.

Posted by: Alexander | Nov 11, 2010 10:12:37 AM

2. Game f*#king on, that looks epic and homoerotic in all the right places.

Posted by: RONTEX | Nov 11, 2010 10:16:26 AM

3. I want to live between their sweating bodies as they have hot Roman master slave sex. Is that so wrong?

Posted by: Christopher | Nov 11, 2010 10:16:50 AM

4. It looks like a mashup of Gladiator and Last of the Mohicans.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 11, 2010 10:17:42 AM

5. Probably would be more interested if they didn't telegraph the entire plotline during the preview. I think I'll wait until its on HBO or something.

Posted by: Andy F | Nov 11, 2010 10:20:07 AM

6. Crappy and hokey. Mixed accents and Americans trying to be Romans = recipe for laughs.

Posted by: Hilmer | Nov 11, 2010 10:23:26 AM

7. Channing Tatum is good looking and this trailer is full of homoerotic like so many films alike. I wonder don't straight men realise it or do they live in denial? Master, slave, fighs, half naked...

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 11, 2010 10:26:51 AM

8. Looks like a horrible B movie. I'll wait until it comes out on Blu-ray and fast forward to the naked scenes. :)

Posted by: B-rod | Nov 11, 2010 10:32:11 AM

9. AndyF, you shouldn't have to wait too long.
    That was a waste of 2.5 minutes of my life that I could have been doing something productive like picking my nose or cleaning the cat litter box.

Posted by: Montemalone | Nov 11, 2010 10:44:41 AM

10. What a pity that Scotsmen have taken to wearing bulky tweed and sensible shoes. BTW, that's who that tribe of wildasses are. They should have stuck with painting themselves blue. I'm half Scots myself; maybe I'll try it.

Picture looks like a hoot.

Posted by: romeo | Nov 11, 2010 10:49:45 AM

11. This looks like the best movie Colt ever made.

Wait, what? This isn't a Colt flick?

Who cares, I'm watching it anyway.

Posted by: Reverse Polarity | Nov 11, 2010 11:13:30 AM

12. A good start, men who are buffed out, sweaty, and good looking..how to make it priceless....get'em naked..alot!!!

Posted by: david in iowa | Nov 11, 2010 11:22:48 AM

13. Channing Tatum is the male Jessica Alba; two overemployed "actors" who are terrible at what they do.

Posted by: S. | Nov 11, 2010 11:33:38 AM

14. I am a history buff and it would be way more interesting if it were filmed in vernacular Latin in the manner of some "true to life" depictions like Apocalypso. Even if the accents were off, it would be authentic as many Roman soldiers were from "colonized Europe" and spoke a number of other languages.

Posted by: Sean | Nov 11, 2010 11:40:31 AM

15. Looks like they'll have to invent new words for 'awful' when that comes out....

Bell is adorable, though.

Posted by: Bob | Nov 11, 2010 12:03:11 PM

16. Did anyone else read that as "Jamie Bamber plays slave to Channing Tatum's Roman Master" ? At first I was all like :D and then I watched the video in 1080HD and was all like :/

Meh. Watchable but not in theaters.

Posted by: DRoseDARs | Nov 11, 2010 12:15:17 PM

17. @Drosedars, actually I did. I would have run to the theater. Jamie Bamber is sexy, he had this towel scene on BSG, the show I adore, and oh boy, he's hot! He is now on Law&Order: London.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 11, 2010 12:24:03 PM

18. I'm a History buff, so even if it is "faction" (half fact, half fiction) I think that's cool. I like Channing Tatum and I like the way that Jamie Bell (the smaller guy) uses his mind to be on equal terms with his slave-master.

Posted by: james Brown | Nov 11, 2010 1:18:37 PM

19. Channing Tatum...yum

Posted by: Name: | Nov 11, 2010 2:57:56 PM

20. Speaking of Americans playing Romans, growing up I thought Romans and ancient Greeks were effete and British because they were always played by effete actors with English accents. A non-American actor with an English accent is more authentic playing an ancient Roman or Greek than an American LOL? Bitch please.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 11, 2010 2:58:13 PM

21. Is Channing Tatum a bad actor? Mostly. But not only is he adorable, he also seems like a pretty cool guy who's very glbt-friendly. I don't think that's enough for me to see him on the Big Screen, but certainly enough for me to at least want to Netflix his films. Plus, some of the movies he's been in have -- shall we say -- utilized his talents well.

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 11, 2010 3:05:54 PM

22. PS. Jamie Bell is a freaking awesome actor -- and every bit as cute as Channing Tatum, just in a more geeky/less jock-like way.

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 11, 2010 3:07:05 PM

23. @SEAN It's "Apocalypto" (excellent film). This one, who knows? Like you, I always wonder about the accents in a film like this. However, this film would probably still be in production if they had gone for all-Latin language. Remember Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula? Just the thought of watching Keanu Reeves and Wynona Ryder struggling with a British accent gives me the shivers.

Posted by: mike | Nov 11, 2010 3:08:53 PM

24. Keanu struggles with his native Canadian accent let alone an English accent. Canadian accents are all rhotic [pronounce 'R' as 'ER'] whereas English accents are predominantly non-rhotic ['R' pronounced 'AH'], it's the defining characteristic and what makes imitating an English accent for a native Canadian English speaker probably most difficult. Most American accents are also rhotic with a few notable exceptions like the Boston, New York and some southern [southeast] accents.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 11, 2010 3:34:22 PM

25. Ryan,Jamie is a hottie & yes a gifted actor as well.But Channing giving Jamie a good rogering would be something to see (woof) unlike the movie i suspect.

Posted by: john | Nov 11, 2010 5:02:43 PM