Comments

1. Matt26 says

Channing Tatum is good looking and this trailer is full of homoerotic like so many films alike. I wonder don’t straight men realise it or do they live in denial? Master, slave, fighs, half naked…

2. Montemalone says

AndyF, you shouldn’t have to wait too long.
    That was a waste of 2.5 minutes of my life that I could have been doing something productive like picking my nose or cleaning the cat litter box.

3. romeo says

What a pity that Scotsmen have taken to wearing bulky tweed and sensible shoes. BTW, that’s who that tribe of wildasses are. They should have stuck with painting themselves blue. I’m half Scots myself; maybe I’ll try it.

Picture looks like a hoot.

4. Sean says

I am a history buff and it would be way more interesting if it were filmed in vernacular Latin in the manner of some “true to life” depictions like Apocalypso. Even if the accents were off, it would be authentic as many Roman soldiers were from “colonized Europe” and spoke a number of other languages.

5. DRoseDARs says

Did anyone else read that as “Jamie Bamber plays slave to Channing Tatum’s Roman Master” ? At first I was all like 😀 and then I watched the video in 1080HD and was all like :/

Meh. Watchable but not in theaters.

6. Matt26 says

@Drosedars, actually I did. I would have run to the theater. Jamie Bamber is sexy, he had this towel scene on BSG, the show I adore, and oh boy, he’s hot! He is now on Law&Order: London.

7. james Brown says

I’m a History buff, so even if it is “faction” (half fact, half fiction) I think that’s cool. I like Channing Tatum and I like the way that Jamie Bell (the smaller guy) uses his mind to be on equal terms with his slave-master.

8. ratbastard says

Speaking of Americans playing Romans, growing up I thought Romans and ancient Greeks were effete and British because they were always played by effete actors with English accents. A non-American actor with an English accent is more authentic playing an ancient Roman or Greek than an American LOL? Bitch please.

9. says

Is Channing Tatum a bad actor? Mostly. But not only is he adorable, he also seems like a pretty cool guy who’s very glbt-friendly. I don’t think that’s enough for me to see him on the Big Screen, but certainly enough for me to at least want to Netflix his films. Plus, some of the movies he’s been in have — shall we say — utilized his talents well.

10. mike says

@SEAN It’s “Apocalypto” (excellent film). This one, who knows? Like you, I always wonder about the accents in a film like this. However, this film would probably still be in production if they had gone for all-Latin language. Remember Francis Ford Coppola’s Dracula? Just the thought of watching Keanu Reeves and Wynona Ryder struggling with a British accent gives me the shivers.

11. ratbastard says

Keanu struggles with his native Canadian accent let alone an English accent. Canadian accents are all rhotic [pronounce ‘R’ as ‘ER’] whereas English accents are predominantly non-rhotic [‘R’ pronounced ‘AH’], it’s the defining characteristic and what makes imitating an English accent for a native Canadian English speaker probably most difficult. Most American accents are also rhotic with a few notable exceptions like the Boston, New York and some southern [southeast] accents.