Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News | Rachel Maddow | Victor Fehrenbach

Watch: Rachel Maddow, Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach on the New Push for Senate 'DADT' Repeal

Obama_fehrenbach

Rachel Maddow lays it all out — the Republican plan to filibuster the entire Defense bill in order to prevent 'DADT' repeal, a press conference involving nine Senators planned for today, and Obama's call to Senator Carl Levin on the measure, and Harry Reid's commitment to bring it to the floor.

Maddow also talks to 19-year-veteran Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Great piece. Hard for me to be as hopeful as Col. F. sounds, given the politics & obstructionism on center stage right now, but hats off to him. What a smooth talker & smart politician--meant that in a good way. I'm grateful he's around to play good cop to Choi's bad cop.

Posted by: adamblast | Nov 18, 2010 7:24:19 AM

2. This is me not holding my breath.

I feel like this is all theatrics at this point, on the part of the White House. I just don't believe in them anymore.

Posted by: princely54 | Nov 18, 2010 8:28:24 AM

3. Dear G-d.

LTC Vic is SUCH a handsome,patriotic, articulate man.

Every time I see/hear him I basically melt.

Posted by: Rick Gold | Nov 18, 2010 8:29:54 AM

4. So are the Palm Center and Knights Out feeling a little sheepish right about now?

Posted by: tcw | Nov 18, 2010 8:37:18 AM

5. Saw the doc "Inside Job" this week about the financial meltdown and all the corporate insiders who were a part of it; Senator Carl Levin came off as a hero in that for his merciless, unrelenting grilling of all the Wall Street executives who let the disaster happen on their watch (and walked away with millions of dollars while average investors, homeowners, and pension holders got screwed). He really proved his integrity to me with that; I hope he finds a similar level of courage and integrity regarding "DADT."

Posted by: Dback | Nov 18, 2010 9:31:40 AM

6. @ADAMBLAST. LOL.I know!

Posted by: Luke | Nov 18, 2010 11:24:11 AM

7. I whole heatedly support our gay troops in our military and the end to dat has not happened soon enough, but thank God it has. I hope its implementation will occur rapidly to end the military’s persecution of a segment of military personal. I am a veteran and, I severed to protect and preserve the rights and freedoms of our entire citizenry. I truly believe that if those who paid the ultimate sacrifice could speak, they would echo the same sentiments. Jesus never addressed the issue of gays, same sex relations during His time among us, never taught on the subject, or even connected it to that of sin.
    Rev.Dan