News | Susan Boyle

BigGayDeal.com

What Happens When Lou Reed Directs a Susan Boyle Video?

Boyle

Boyle sings Reed's "Perfect Day" in a new video clip which he directed:

"It was shot at Loch Lomond earlier this month. But filming did not go entirely to plan as the shoot was hampered by constant rain and wind. Boyle, from Blackburn, West Lothian, said: 'I loved that Lou understood how much it meant to me to film in Scotland. I didn't mind how much it rained or blew a gale - I enjoyed every minute.' An insider on the video shoot added: "Every element that could have been thrown at us was. Torrential rain, gale force winds and fog. 'There's a stunt double we used during a cliffscene and her wig flew off. Susan was there singing Perfect Day and the weather was the complete opposite.'"

Watch Boyle's walk on the wild side, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Can't stand her version of the song, but the video is gorgeous.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 8, 2010 2:52:30 PM

2. Such an amazing voice. I just love her.

Posted by: Secret Identity | Nov 8, 2010 2:55:14 PM

3. The video is stunning. I only wish the mix had put her lovely voice more forward instead of drowning her out with an overpowering and rather sappy chorus.

Posted by: bluedogJ | Nov 8, 2010 3:18:36 PM

4. That was nice of Reed to do that. I hope someone honest and responsible is caring for Boyle.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 8, 2010 3:23:47 PM

5. The look of it is very lush but the song's paced like a dirge....I've never heard a slower version of PERFECT DAY.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 8, 2010 3:24:58 PM

6. I won't lie...I hate most remakes (including this one)...my main hope for most is that they will lead people to the (usually better) originals

Posted by: Kerry | Nov 8, 2010 3:35:55 PM

7. Count me as one who is not at all taken with this woman's voice which sounds as if it's being violently wrenched from her throat. Shepherd it well, ma dea'!

Posted by: Perry | Nov 8, 2010 4:04:52 PM

8. @BLUEDOGJ: I must agree. It seems that Ms. Boyle's voice is often drowned out by either a chorus or accompaniment. She has a strong and beautiful voice and it should be the primary focus of her performance. I really want to be bowled over by Susan Boyle, not the damn orchestra and chorus. She needs better management and an arranger that works to feature her, not the background recording.

Posted by: Bob R | Nov 8, 2010 4:54:47 PM

9. Awesome

Posted by: Name: | Nov 8, 2010 5:01:37 PM

10. Wow. Garbage. She has a strong voice (albeit not to my taste). Why would they do that to her in the chorus??

Posted by: erik | Nov 8, 2010 5:17:52 PM

11. Scotland (or at least West Lothian) looks dreary.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Nov 8, 2010 6:29:00 PM