Giorgio Armani | News | Rafael Nadal | Sports | Underwear

Rafael Nadal is the New Armani Underwear Model

Nadal

Rafael Nadal will follow the lead of David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo and model his tennis balls in a pair of Armani briefs for a new campaign to launch this winter.

"The fashion house announced on Friday that the 24 year-old will be the global testimonial for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans for the spring/summer 2011 collections. The first campaign featuring Nadal will launch in February."

Comments

1. Complaints about Nadal being too slim/too fat /too muscular /not muscular enough/not handsome, et al, et cetera, starting in one, two, three...

Posted by: Rick S. | Dec 10, 2010 11:00:11 AM

2. Not *just* yet, Rick, I think he's yummy :)

Posted by: Chaq | Dec 10, 2010 11:03:49 AM

3. Rafa is so damn hot that even Helen Keller could figure it out. I hope he does a campaign for Speedo next.

Plus so often when he plays tennis, there is that face he has that I am sure is identical to the one that involuntarily happens when he comes.

Posted by: esther blodgett | Dec 10, 2010 11:14:07 AM

4. One more reason to enjoy tennis. He is hot.
    I love the voices during the game, dirty me and my imagination.
    @Esther should we call Speedo and suggest?

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 10, 2010 11:16:25 AM

5. MY HUSBAND!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted by: Jackson | Dec 10, 2010 11:23:39 AM

6. Please God let him keep what little chest hair he has...

Posted by: Alan | Dec 10, 2010 11:42:02 AM

7. This is going to brighten up my February A Lot.

Posted by: Vann | Dec 10, 2010 11:42:58 AM

8. good gravy, nadal is sizzling. i would pay money to lick his arm pits.

Posted by: nic | Dec 10, 2010 11:46:45 AM

9. I love Rafa so much. He is such a magnificent champion. So gracious in victory and defeat. With all of his success he still seems so humble and is constantly striving to improve. A true inspiration.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the man in undies! Grrrowl!

Posted by: dj | Dec 10, 2010 11:47:15 AM

10. HOT HOT HOT. I love Armani choice. Not you typical model.... VERY HOT.

Posted by: Roberto | Dec 10, 2010 12:22:07 PM

11. Great choice. The guy is good looking and sexy. What's not to like?

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Dec 10, 2010 12:29:45 PM

12. Impossible to articulate the feelings of joy I am experience at this very moment. The fact that there will be large billboards in Times Square of Rafa in just his underwear...um, I think I have to sit down right now.

Posted by: michael | Dec 10, 2010 12:30:21 PM

13. I happened to catch a fourth round match of the 2005 French Open on TV. I remember telling my hubby that there was this kid whose play was like nothing I'd seen before with such fast wrist work, catching angles, and anticipation. I couldn't remember his name, but I thought if his play wasn't a one day fluke, he would win. And now that kid has won 9 majors.

Amazing tennis; amazing looks and charm; just amazing!

Posted by: Mike in Asheville | Dec 10, 2010 12:54:15 PM

14. Armani should get the mens gymnastic olypic team (not that I'm unhappy with the choice of Nadal.) or maybe the male cast of vampire diaries for fun.

time for some group action.

Posted by: stolidog | Dec 10, 2010 4:53:44 PM

15. Nadal is not Sampras- now that was an underwear model I would have loved to see.

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 10, 2010 6:25:50 PM

16. Armani has just pushed me over the edge in terms of determining my next underwear purchase. Rafa is my favorite tennis player, by far, and I absolutely love his game as well as his sexiness on court. Saw him win under the lights after midnight at the US Open this year, and couldn't have had a better time. Way to go Rafa, and good choice, Armani!

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Dec 10, 2010 7:07:19 PM

17. Great, now he can pick these out of his butt between points.

Posted by: Ree | Dec 10, 2010 7:57:56 PM

18. I agree with Ree. Rafa modeling underwear invites numerous butt-picking questions. I think he needs to model jockstraps. They don't ride up one's crack, that's for sure!

Posted by: huh? | Dec 10, 2010 9:33:21 PM

19. Let me guess...he serves with his left hand.

Posted by: DR.FUNK | Dec 10, 2010 10:49:22 PM

20. He plays a lot bigger than he looks.

Posted by: ophu | Dec 10, 2010 11:55:34 PM

21. Rafa, you so handsome, b!

Posted by: Perry | Dec 11, 2010 2:02:43 AM

22. He's just not good looking. Of course he's a stellar player and that's what really matters.

Posted by: Alan | Dec 11, 2010 11:51:01 AM

23. Total butterface.

Posted by: Christopher | Dec 11, 2010 5:16:41 PM

24. Rafa is absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic body and I love those cheekbones and that beautiful mouth. He's also an incredible tennis player and such a sweet guy. I cannot wait to see the pics!!!

Posted by: Sam | Dec 11, 2010 6:42:48 PM