Rafael Nadal is the New Armani Underwear Model

Nadal

Rafael Nadal will follow the lead of David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo and model his tennis balls in a pair of Armani briefs for a new campaign to launch this winter.

"The fashion house announced on Friday that the 24 year-old will be the global testimonial for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans for the spring/summer 2011 collections. The first campaign featuring Nadal will launch in February."

Comments

1. esther blodgett says

Rafa is so damn hot that even Helen Keller could figure it out. I hope he does a campaign for Speedo next.

Plus so often when he plays tennis, there is that face he has that I am sure is identical to the one that involuntarily happens when he comes.

2. dj says

I love Rafa so much. He is such a magnificent champion. So gracious in victory and defeat. With all of his success he still seems so humble and is constantly striving to improve. A true inspiration.

Oh, and I can’t wait to see the man in undies! Grrrowl!

3. michael says

Impossible to articulate the feelings of joy I am experience at this very moment. The fact that there will be large billboards in Times Square of Rafa in just his underwear…um, I think I have to sit down right now.

4. Mike in Asheville says

I happened to catch a fourth round match of the 2005 French Open on TV. I remember telling my hubby that there was this kid whose play was like nothing I’d seen before with such fast wrist work, catching angles, and anticipation. I couldn’t remember his name, but I thought if his play wasn’t a one day fluke, he would win. And now that kid has won 9 majors.

Amazing tennis; amazing looks and charm; just amazing!

5. stolidog says

Armani should get the mens gymnastic olypic team (not that I’m unhappy with the choice of Nadal.) or maybe the male cast of vampire diaries for fun.

time for some group action.

6. So Left I'm Right says

Armani has just pushed me over the edge in terms of determining my next underwear purchase. Rafa is my favorite tennis player, by far, and I absolutely love his game as well as his sexiness on court. Saw him win under the lights after midnight at the US Open this year, and couldn’t have had a better time. Way to go Rafa, and good choice, Armani!

7. huh? says

I agree with Ree. Rafa modeling underwear invites numerous butt-picking questions. I think he needs to model jockstraps. They don’t ride up one’s crack, that’s for sure!

8. Sam says

Rafa is absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic body and I love those cheekbones and that beautiful mouth. He’s also an incredible tennis player and such a sweet guy. I cannot wait to see the pics!!!

9. theabroma says

Call an ambulance and send for the priest! In the myriad gorgeous and sexy things about this man, he’s also got a pair of the most wickedly sexy eyebrows on the planet. If Armani’s totally cool, then the unveiling will take place on February 14th, no?