Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News

Read: Senate Roll Call on Failed Defense Bill with 'DADT' Repeal

Dadtrollcall

Comments

1. I really wish they would break the bills down more. Confronting any of Senators on DADT and they can easily say they voted it down because of another section of the bill.

Posted by: Hal | Dec 9, 2010 5:25:45 PM

2. Blanche Lincoln no-showed, dropped by when the party was over, and asked to be recorded as a yes. WTF?

Posted by: JusticeontheRocks | Dec 9, 2010 5:34:02 PM

3. I couldn't agree with you more, Hal, in regards to breaking down the bills. I've closed out the tab, but I was reading that there will hopefully be a call to section out DADT for a separate vote before the Winter Break... not holding my breath, tho. Other items in the bill is why Murkowski said she would vote nay, but on its own 2 feet, she'd vote for the repeal. Anyway you slice it, we've failed our gay service men and women.

Posted by: Lucy | Dec 9, 2010 5:36:54 PM

4. Voting along partisan lines - shows me that no one is interested in the well-being of the citizenry of this country, but more in their own political power.

After a clear report from the Pentagon, they *STILL* vote this thing down? Shameful.

Posted by: Steve | Dec 9, 2010 6:26:20 PM

5. if you think at some point in your life you might be tempted to vote Republican or sit out an election, please go to above list, right click/ctrl click, Save Image As...

make it your desktop if you have to

Posted by: neverstops | Dec 9, 2010 6:45:06 PM

6. Southerners disgust me.

Posted by: DAn Cobb | Dec 9, 2010 7:12:05 PM

7. By what margin was it supposed to pass? This is more than 50% voting Yea.

Posted by: ila lwara | Dec 9, 2010 7:25:55 PM

8. Anyone else notice that Senator Manchin voted nay?

ila lwara: You need 60 votes to enact cloture, or end the debate period.

Posted by: GM | Dec 9, 2010 8:19:42 PM

9. For everyone criticizing the democrats for failing to accomplish anything for LGBT folk these past two years, take a good look at this vote. The democrats are ON OUR SIDE. The republicans ARE NOT. Period.

Posted by: Chip | Dec 9, 2010 10:46:25 PM

10. Obama sucks

Posted by: Mike | Dec 9, 2010 11:56:26 PM

11. Senator Mark Kirk is widely rumored to be gay. With his "No" vote here, it is time to make that question part of the national dialogue. It was not mentioned in his campaign against Giannoulias recently, I think because it's not PC to suggest that he might be a bad senator if he's gay. I've read the debates about whether or not to "out" public figures. As for my two cents, when they start hurting gay people, out they come. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Time to look up that activisit's name and be sure he has lunch with Mr. Kirk's ex-wife. Sorry, Mark. You buttered your bread, now lie in it.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 10, 2010 6:25:20 AM

12. I thought GOProud was close to sen coburn, well so much for that....
    Gay conservatives cant even get lobby on this issue sucessfully, they are useless

Posted by: miami | Dec 10, 2010 7:05:34 AM

13. This Southerner contacted both of his Senators urging repeal of DADT to no avail.
    Please don't condemn all citizens of the South.

Posted by: Dan | Dec 10, 2010 9:01:24 AM

14. Who are the 6-8 gay Republican senators? Kirk, McConnell, and Graham I remember -- who are the others?

Posted by: DougChgo | Dec 10, 2010 10:34:50 AM