News | weather

Snow Totals for Last Night's Northeast 'Snopocalypse'

Snowtotals

I'm currently in Montana so I missed the white-out that went up the east coast yesterday, but it was certainly the talk of Facebook and Twitter. I just hope the travel situation clears up by mid-week. I know a lot of others are traveling too. Sounds like a mess.

Here's a map of snow totals in the northeast. Lyndhurst, NJ reported 29" of snow on the ground. New York's highest total was 26" in Tuxedo. 13" were reported in Central Park.

Comments

1. This storm sucks in a major way. I'm so pooped from all the shoveling... my arms just may turn to jelly.

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 27, 2010 10:46:20 AM

2. Hang in there, Ryan.

Posted by: ophu | Dec 27, 2010 11:12:50 AM

3. Too much hype. It's winter, and we sometimes get a big snow storm. We're pretty good at clearing the snow here in the north [A LOT better than D.C. and south of the Mason-Dixon]. It'll be business as usual wed. tops, and forgotten by the end of the week. A couple of days in the 40's and a lot of it will melt.

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 27, 2010 11:28:29 AM

4. I've seen 13 inches in Central Park before. Ba-dum.

Posted by: Ramblin' | Dec 27, 2010 11:52:46 AM

5. Dang, grew up in Lyndhurst. Can't recall ever getting 26" of snow dumped on us at once, but wow.

Posted by: DR | Dec 27, 2010 12:05:52 PM

6. Hang in there, everyone! Check on your elderly neighbours, drink lots of cocoa.

I feel your pain. A few weeks ago in London, Ontario, we had over a metre of snow over the course of 2 days, which is over 40". One of the worst snowstorms we've ever had in S. Ontario!

Posted by: Andrew F | Dec 27, 2010 3:38:08 PM

7. Grow up in Northern Ontario, you went to school if there was 24 inches, Now in New York and it great fun and beautiful until the roads make everything a mess. Did anyone realize it is winter!?

Posted by: EJ | Dec 28, 2010 6:41:29 AM