Bullying | FOX News | Glee | News | Robyn | San Francisco | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #806

FOX & FRIENDS: Their stupidest moments of 2010.

FLASH MOB GONE WRONG: A modern day parable?

ROBYN VS GLEE: Dancing on My Own in a Teenage Dream.

SF TRACK & FIELD: It Gets Better.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I can't stand Glee, but I love Robyn's "Dancing on My Own," and I like "Teenage Dream" quite a lot. And I love mashups. So this is pretty sweet. But I'm not 100% loving how they've lowered Robyn's voice. Otherwise, a nice mashup.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Dec 27, 2010 5:29:30 PM

2. Please tell me F&F is their smartest show...

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 27, 2010 5:33:58 PM

3. I really like the idea of mashing up Teenage Dream and Dancing on my Own, but this doesn't quite work. Too many awkward transitions, and Robyn's voice sounds weird when it's lowered.

Posted by: Dan | Dec 27, 2010 6:11:56 PM

4. "fox & friends" it has the name of a saturday morning kids show yet purports to be a news show.

go figure.

Posted by: alguien | Dec 27, 2010 6:27:48 PM

5. Someone should have handed F&F a container of gasoline.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Dec 27, 2010 7:31:40 PM

6. Hear, hear.

Posted by: JOE 2 | Dec 27, 2010 7:53:31 PM

7. Why do you give Fox publicity? As some one wonse said "I do not care what you say about me as long as you spell my name correctly. Even bad publicity is better than no publicity."

Posted by: Jerry6 | Dec 29, 2010 10:34:08 PM

8. Check out: Teenage Cream (Robyn vs. Glee the Estrogen Mix) on our site.

This is the prequel of sorts to our original mashup of Robyn’s Dancing On My Own vs. Darren Criss’ performance of Teenage Dream on Glee.

The original was set to the root key of Darren Criss’ vocals making Robyn sound rather masculine - hence why the title of the piece was Glee vs. Robyn - If She Were a Boy Mix. We also thought it added an interesting dynamic in the implied love triangle between Kurt, Blaine and Robyn as a boy.

The new mix injects some Estrogen into fold restoring Robyn’s feminine charms and making the boys sound rather chipper, ja?

Posted by: counterfeitfunk | Jan 13, 2011 2:25:00 AM